Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Service

• 04-02-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to get a bike serviced in Limerick? I need my brakes fixed up.

How much are you usually talking for a service too?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Meskell Motorcycles on the Dublin Road. You won't find better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You can bring it to UL on a Tuesday and have it fixed for free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

jimgoose wrote: »
    Meskell Motorcycles on the Dublin Road. You won't find better.

When I say bike, I mean bicycle! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

When I say bike, I mean bicycle! :pac:

Oh. Right so, Ted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

"The Bike Shop" on O'Connell Avenue is where I go in Limerick when getting bike serviced etc. Cant help you on price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

Whilw we are on the subject, just wondering if there are any proper mountain or road bike shops in limerick?? Somewhere akin to MBW in Moycullen??

OP, if you are anyway hand with a screwdriver, most bike repairs are easily done by yourself. Youtube can be a great help!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbW3MqPXKE0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

RINO87 wrote: »
    Whilw we are on the subject, just wondering if there are any proper mountain or road bike shops in limerick?? Somewhere akin to MBW in Moycullen??

OP, if you are anyway hand with a screwdriver, most bike repairs are easily done by yourself. Youtube can be a great help!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbW3MqPXKE0

I see adds for 'TriBikes' in the papers, my OH's brother in law bought a road bike from them. I'd imagine Siopa Rothar do these too?

There was a place in co Limerick on the news last week that had 70 bikes, worth over 80 grand lifted. Think hey were in kilmallock.

And strangely, there's a place near me, off st Patricks road (not too far from the Parkway) called evolution cycles I think.

Google will help with contact info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Tribikes (http://www.tribikes.ie/) are great. I bought my road bike there, very friendly staff. The are located just opposite the South Court Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

There is a new guy (with lots of experience from what I hear though) who has started doing bike servicing / tune ups / upgrades. Although he is based out of Shannon, I believe he does a collect and deliver service. He is called the Bike Doctor, on facebook - 087 1617175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

"The Bike Shop" on O'Connell Avenue is where I go in Limerick when getting bike serviced etc. Cant help you on price

I wouldn't vouch for them at all, any experience I've had in there has been awful. Myself and the OH trying to get the bike to work scheme in processed in there has been a nightmare.

And they NEVER answer the phone, in fact the voicemail box is usually full so you can't even get through.

Siopa Rothair or the fella up at the top of William St. by the knocking shop is where I'd go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

leakyboots wrote: »
    I wouldn't vouch for them at all, any experience I've had in there has been awful. Myself and the OH trying to get the bike to work scheme in processed in there has been a nightmare.

And they NEVER answer the phone, in fact the voicemail box is usually full so you can't even get through.

Siopa Rothair or the fella up at the top of William St. by the knocking shop is where I'd go

that guy in the bike shop is very rude and also quite expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Used them alot years ago and Owner not the worst but some of guys working there are bluffers and ignorant ,last time I used place I pointed out a few bits and pieces that weren't done n a service which I'd requested and got charged for and foreign lad tried arguing with me first then grabbed bike off me.

I use Kilmallock Cycles now, very reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

There is a new guy (with lots of experience from what I hear though) who has started doing bike servicing / tune ups / upgrades. Although he is based out of Shannon, I believe he does a collect and deliver service. He is called the Bike Doctor, on facebook - 087 1617175

Do you have a link to the facebook page for this guy? I need to get my bike serviced too and I can't find him on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

I cannot access FB on this PC, give him a buzz on the number quoted or email him on shanemcollins@outlook.com

Maybe search for Shane Collins under FB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

I cannot access FB on this PC, give him a buzz on the number quoted or email him on shanemcollins@outlook.com

Maybe search for Shane Collins under FB?

Found him under Shane Collins, thanks.

Here's the link for the OP and anyone else who's interested;

https://www.facebook.com/shane.collins.7921

Advertisement