Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I wish I'd stayed in bed too. It's too cold in here.
    I was cold. Now I'm too warm. I think thermal socks AND uggs together was a bad move.

Special place in hell reserved for people who play ALL THE RINGTONES on the bus.

And people who don't silence their phone and text constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

sullivlo wrote: »
    Special place in hell reserved for people who play ALL THE RINGTONES on the bus.

And people who have the keypad tones on!

And people who have the keypad tones on!

Or just people in general.

There is a plank behind me ringing all his mates bragging about his threesome last night.

At least I'm entertained.

You may have guessed I forgot my headphones.

Fcuk ca1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I just had a look back through some old Facebook photos and comments, etc. It made me realise how much fun I had in college (that I did not appreciate at the time, as it was a rough time too). Mostly it made me realise how few friends I have now. I don't know how I managed to lose so many of them to time, distance, drifting apart, etc.

Sad and nostalgic now.

Edit: Eighty quid for a Taylor Swift ticket?! I think not! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sullivlo wrote: »

You should tell them it's not 2002 anymore!

(Also, people who don't turn off keypad tones, grrr)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Heyo!

James' surgery was cancelled because he has a bit of a cough. They've rescheduled to the day before his birthday. Poor lad.

Anyone getting anything nice for Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OH is getting me a Merlin pass for Christmas (he got one himself when he was at Alton Towers for the Bonfire Night fireworks), and my mum picked up a few bits in Gap for me when I was home in November that she could parcel up until Christmas.

Treated myself to this - an excuse to finally replace the eyeshadow and blush from my Benefit She's So Jetset palette!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I don't know what I'm getting.

All I know is I got a funny silence after I said I was thinking about picking up some fresh ground coffee in Aldi when I was doing the shopping. :pac:

I got him something expensive and useless. He'll love it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I have heating!!!!!

I keep asking for money for my impending move but everyone in my family is so strange about gifting money.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I don't know what I'm getting.

All I know is I got a funny silence after I said I was thinking about picking up some fresh ground coffee in Aldi when I was doing the shopping. :pac:

I got him something expensive and useless. He'll love it. :pac:

Oh what did you get in the end??

I duno what I'm getting. Not really expecting anything. hopefully money :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Glad you have heating, it's fecking freezing. Having moved somewhere with proper heating this week I already can't imagine going back to none!

I know most things I'm getting, know there's a MAC special edition brush set, some cookery books, the Soap & Glory set that's in Boots today and some Trilogy body stuff - it's my birthday too so I get spoiled! Oh and Beauty & the Beast DVD - can't wait to watch it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My mum took me shopping last week, so I got a dress, a coat and some casual clothes. Dad and my grandma mentioned something about money, so that'll be spent on make-up, and a trip to the hairdresser. And I may have self-gifted some more make-up and a pair of jeans :o

I'm actually more excited about the presents I've bought for other people. It was mine and my boyfriend's 5 year anniversary thingy yesterday so I went all out with presents for him this year :)

aw that's lovely :)
    i'm very happy with what i got for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

bluewolf wrote: »
    aw that's lovely :)
    i'm very happy with what i got for himself
    Ah, I call my himself "himself" too!

My taxi driver was laughing at me about it this morning, though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I've been mulling over what to get himself for the last couple of weeks, it's our first Christmas together.

All my various ideas came together last night during a wander through the shops, I'm really pleased. Spending a nice bit but not a stupid amount, and a nice balance of things that he needs and sorta "treat" things he'd never buy himself.

I love giving people presents <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've asked for really exciting presents this year: law books and a new epi alert bracelet...

OH had asked me to get him a bike lock so that's what he's gotten along with one or two other small things. I think he's gotten me one of those fancy sports bracelet thingies. I've got everyone else sorted too except for half of my mum's present after my brother shuttle my idea, yet still made me pay for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

The only pressie I need is my best friend. He is 30 and buys everything he wants and needs. Plus his birthday is on Xmas day. Every year I am so confused and he gives thoughtful presents. So annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I bought my fella an xbox one (and games...and an extra controller thingy). I'm too good to that man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I bought my fella an xbox one (and games...and an extra controller thingy). I'm too good to that man!

So did I...my bank balance hates me now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

misslt wrote: »
    So did I...my bank balance hates me now :p

Mine too! Worth it though for the quiet I'll get while he's playing it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Getting my bestie books for Christmas, as he always says he wants to read more but can never find much he's interested in and I have a knack for picking out good books for people! Must figure out a way of getting them to him before Christmas actually...

Love love love buying presents for people, with the exception of Kris Kringle in a group of people I don't know. Methinks socks or a nice scarf are good options there :p

We weren't meant to be doing presents this year, as we bought ourselves a trip to Edinburgh for New Years. :D He mentioned buying me something, though, so I had a look online and got him a few wee bits and pieces. Including a poster map of the world where you scratch off all the places you've been. :)

Have all my other presents sorted and am very excited to give them! Had no idea what to say to my mam when she asked me what I wanted so I gave her a random list of things to choose from. Should be a surprise I like so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I have to get himself his presents last minute because he looks for them when I'm not home! Have them picked out though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I got my husband a small baby for Christmas, early delivery was included so it really was super-efficient service!

10/10 would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Congrats Dolbert! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Yay congrats! Hope you're all happy and healthy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Congrats Dolbert :D

Congrats Dolbert and co!

• Advertisement

So exciting, Dolbert! Best present ever! Congrats! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Haha, yay Dolbert! Awesome gift :D Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I want a baby for Christmas. :(

None of this a baby isn't just for Christmas lark, though. I just want them Christmas day. Someone else can have them the rest of the time.

CONGRATS DOLBERT!

Christmas party time. Not in great form for it. Feeling more like the grinch this evening. Especially for office related Christmas-ness. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dolbert wrote: »
    I got my husband a small baby for Christmas, early delivery was included so it really was super-efficient service!

10/10 would recommend

Yaaaaay! :-)
    Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah that's fantastic news Dolbert :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations Dolbert!

Awww congratulations Dolbert!! How exciting for ye xx

congrats dol :D:D:D:D
    baby gingerbread was it!

I got horrible, horrible news today. A woman I admired greatly and who had a huge influence on me at an important time in my life has died. A young woman with a young family. The world is cruel sometimes.

• Advertisement

IWMD, that's awful. Really sorry for your loss. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah that's awful iwmd, so sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm so sorry to hear IWMD. Dolbert, congratitude you both:)

Treated myself to a new hand mixer and slow cooker today. It's arriving tomorrow with my food shopping thanks to the lovely folks at sainsburys who tempted me with free delivery and £10 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

So sorry to hear that, IWMD. Mind yourself <3

Congratulations Dolbert :D

Work Xmas party tonight. Just got home.

Dreading tomorrow..

#hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I keep seeing people put up really grainy poor quality photos of themselves as their profile pictures on Facebook. :confused: Is this a new thing no one told me about? They get like 30 likes for these profile pictures too! I can't get 30 likes with a good quality photo of myself :o :pac:
    Edit: Sorry to hear that IWantMyDinner :( and congratulations Dolbert! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I went to the pub for a hot cider which was lovely. Me and the barman talked college (we were the only people in the bar.) Then I picked up a couple of beers for the evening. Guinness' West Indies Porter (them trying to squeeze into the craft market I presume.) And a White Hag (from Sligo) Oktoberfest beer, Samhain. They're chilling now. I also got a free glass with my beers, a nice little half pint glass perfect for bottles of beer. Relaxing evening is go. I just need to sort out travel plans with a friend then I'm chilling for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'M ON MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Absolutely awful night's sleep last night, was lying awake for ages and then couldn't get up when the alarm went. C'mon coffee, do your thing...

At least this is the last week before Christmas though, flying back on Sunday :D

• Advertisement

I'M ON MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Lucky you!

6 more days (more like 5 and a half plus 2 nights on call) and I'll be on mine. No work, no on call, no worrying about road conditions for 9 whole days!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement