Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dolbert wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about those four girls killed in Athy. It's so utterly heartbreaking 
    That's really close to here. I've been thinking about it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Feeling very down today and everything is getting to me more than it should. With that said - I did come across this video which cheered me up a little:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcx6YyXvvRI

*no penguins were harmed in the making of the video :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Why is it that the morning of an exam my head feels completely empty? Why won't these stupid notes stick??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck with it, you'll be fine once you get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

It'll all start flooding back once you see the exam paper (or whatever form the exam takes)

Bestest of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Good luck :)

I'm really cold today. It might just be me though, everyone else seems to be fine. I need to get a hot water bottle...

One of those mornings when I was more productive in terms of wedding planning stuff than actual work... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

One of those mornings when I was more productive in terms of wedding planning stuff than actual work... :eek:

Did you spend your morning picking which gift requests to send to which guests? :pac:

Not my style :pac:

Ordered my shoes, paid a deposit on the DJ which I'd been putting off, sorted some stuff regarding photography and made some enquiries about organising our menu tasting in the spring...

Four and a half months to go :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Sounds so exciting!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just sold my drum kit after 7 years of having it. :( Considering I have a job interview at 3 pm, this is not the ideal time to be feeling emotional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I'm trying to study and my head is nodding in that falling-asleep-sitting-up kind of way. I'm in no way tired or even particularly bored by the subject. Stupid brain - we need to do this!!

Ooh, exciting RK! Dibs getting you a toaster! :D

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! It went better than I expected. 1 down, 3 to go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Just sold my drum kit after 7 years of having it. :( Considering I have a job interview at 3 pm, this is not the ideal time to be feeling emotional.

Why did you sell the drum set? You could buy a nicer kit :-)

cena wrote: »
    Why did you sell the drum set? You could buy a nicer kit :-)

I don't use it much any more and it's out in a shed and it's too cold and damp out there for it now. There's rot setting in in the wood of the shed so best to sell it.
    I have an electric kit arranged to buy anyway so I'll be in the cosiness of the house for playing from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Doing a Yoga with Adrienne video really sets me up for the day. I never believed in yoga thought it was silly to be honest. But since I started doing her videos I've realised just how much of a better mood I am in after and for the majority of the day. :) She has a 30 days of yoga series going as well which encourages me to do a a video most days.
    Also, Into The Woods is a brilliant, brilliant film! I was really surprised at just how good it was. I recommend people to go see it! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I had a major "I want to jump on a plane and go home" moment yesterday, was just so wrecked! Had a bad first lesson and that set the tone. At least next week, our year 10s are doing four papers, one a lesson, so it's lessons I can take it easy. I was mentally and physically drained, so came home, was in bed by 8, asleep by half past and slept until 9.30 am! Feel like a want a nap now, but want to go into town a little later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Love waking up of a Saturday to find the bank are making your landlord sell your house and you have 62 days to move. :/

This weather is insane, my God!:eek:

Listening to Jay Sean's Lights Off while watching the rain batter against the window. Surprisingly relaxing. Rain can be so calming. :)

• Advertisement

Love waking up of a Saturday to find the bank are making your landlord sell your house and you have 62 days to move. :/

That's crap :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Two days without a post *watches the tumbleweed go by

tumbleweed01.jpg

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Mine was fierce quiet but did have a little treat - brunch in VCC in Temple Bar. So, so delish. Had horrendous ovulation pain yesterday evening though. Doubled over crying, the works. Weh. I normally have *some* pain, but not this :( Hope it doesn't become a thing to look forward to every month now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I think work is going to kick my ass this year. So much to do, I need to create a big planning list to track and manage everything.

bad news - last night had stress migraine :(

good news - I think I need to visit a stationery store and get planning supplies :pac:

I would really like my sleeping pattern back, had another crapulent sleep last night and I just want to crawl under my desk for a nap right now...

Also, I'm feeling awful bloated and heavy today. Gonna have to salad it for lunch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I had the worst night's sleep last night and woke up feeling awful. I'm getting over a chest infection and the antibiotics I'm on are making me feel sick.

I was off sick a couple of days last week and my team is extremely busy (most of them were in at the weekend) so I didn't want to take another day off.

Luckily I can work from home so I've been working in my pjs with a hot water bottle. :) Wish I was in bed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Had a work Christmas party last night. My 10-6 shift today was as torturous as anticipated, but it was well worth it :D

Did 2.25km this morning at 5.30am - delighted I went out cos there is no way I would have done it this evening given how wet and horrible it is!! Week 2 started - going tomorrow with my friend who is actually doing it, I'm just along for the run :D

8 years since my grandfather passed away, few tears today alright, but I know he'd be proud of what I've done, and what I'm doing

Two days without a post *watches the tumbleweed go by

tumbleweed01.jpg
    Too cold to type
    Cold cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Still no snow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

shalalala wrote: »
    Still no snow :)

FYP.

Sullivlo + snow - buses + other irate people = a nightmare

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I have snow...literally just got caught in a massive flurry of it! I'm soaked now!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I want snow so badly.

I remember being stupidly pregnant with James and looking out my front window at kids playing and thinking seriously about going out and joining them. But a trip to the hospital was not very appealing.

Snow is great maybe on a weekend

I had a staring match with a seagull this morning, i think i won. He had to turn around to keep staring as i went by

Has anyone here downloaded the Hola extension for Netflix. A friend suggested it to me and I was wondering how illegal and safe it was! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Has anyone here downloaded the Hola extension for Netflix. A friend suggested it to me and I was wondering how illegal and safe it was! :P

Do it!

It also gets rid of the "not availablein your country" thing on youtube

I use it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CurvesAndBoots

Whats the extension do?? I just have standard Netflix, does it give you the American one??

Has anyone seen nice high black wedges with a strap across the front in the shops? Need new work shoes.

• Advertisement

Hola is fantastic and stupidly easy to use!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I want snow so badly.

I remember being stupidly pregnant with James and looking out my front window at kids playing and thinking seriously about going out and joining them. But a trip to the hospital was not very appealing.

This. I was 9 months pregnant during all the snow in 2010. The roads were too bad to drive and so we walked to a friends house for dinner. I slipped and fell twice. Not fun! E hasn't seen proper snow though so I would love if it stuck for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Haha. When I was pregnant I'd get irrationally angry with people wishing for snow, I was terrified of a 2am labour dash in it!

Getting to talk to Marty Whelan on Friday, life goals for 2015 have already been surpassed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Snowed here for approx 15 seconds - by the time I texted my husband to tell him it had stopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We rarely have snow here in Montpellier but the OH is like a child if there is a chance of it, he'll spend the day with his nose glued to the window waiting for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Snow for the day here, it hasn't stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

No show here in Dublin thankfully!

It's mine and the OH'S anniversary today - 8 years! :-) What's the first thing that I manage to do while he's in work? Break his shower door! Oops!

I properly hate snow. Traumatised after driving cross-country in December 2010.

Quite a few 3 hour bus journeys from Dublin city centre to Tallaght in 2010 have put me off snow forever. There's also the time I ended up walking home from the Square in two feet of snow that year because I'd gotten the Luas up, the buses wouldn't go that far out and the taxis stopped running...

I hate snow.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get the Hola extension then :) I was pretty happy when I saw the snow, but down here (in Clare) we get barely any snow. It's not even sticking to the ground now but the showers of snow occasionally are nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get the Hola extension then :) I was pretty happy when I saw the snow, but down here (in Clare) we get barely any snow. It's not even sticking to the ground now but the showers of snow occasionally are nice. :)

Can you link to the extension?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement