Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

My sister is 22 and has just had Invisalign fitted. So far she's really happy, but her teeth are quite wonky so she's really excited to straighten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

My sister is 22 and has just had Invisalign fitted. So far she's really happy, but her teeth are quite wonky so she's really excited to straighten them.

I've wanted to do it for years. It's just so expensive! I hope she loves her new teeth when it's finished :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My SIL got braces a few months ago. Her teeth were crooked before but the braces are doing a brilliant job. When I first saw her with the braces I thought she looked so different with straighter teeth! I have noticed that she smiles a lot more in photos!

So do I but her dentist said she's a perfect Invisalign candidate, crooked teeth but her bite etc is all perfect so it's just a cosmetic thing. She'll actually be horrendously beautiful with a perfect set of teeth.

I had to have five 'extra' teeth pulled and had to have my upper arch widened before painful train-tracks :( it was an arduous experience

I always hide my mouth when laughing and smiling Sunny Dayz. Have done since I was a child. My teeth aren't very bad, just one of those things that I'm a bit conscious of. Don't even do it on purpose.

That sound horrendous iwantmydinner, bet you're glad you did it though? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've had the misfortune of inheriting yellow teeth. My granny dropped me when I was a baby when I had my dodo in. Destroyed the teeth I had and the teeth up in my gums. :(

If I won some money, I'd go abroad and get a complete new set of teeth. I would want enough work done to require being knocked out cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I had a horrific set of gnashers when I was young, I got train-tracks when I was 15, best thing ever! I think if they could fix my mouth, anyone's mouth can be fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

I decided recently to research just how expensive it would be to get braces, so that when I start making money (in about 20 years, but whatevs :pac: ) I'd be able to get them. Christ, they're so expensive! I guess it makes sense when you think about it though. My cousin got braces in her mid twenties and got them off just over a year ago, the difference in her confidence was insane. So I definitely think it's money well spent, if you're in any way conscious of your teeth. :)

Currently trying to figure out a way to finance sitting the Bar exams (and the fees for the course, if I passed them!) this year and it is not looking very rosy. There are times when I genuinely think I'd be able to spend millions of euro without a bother :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I had braces when I was 16-17, luckily my parents were in a position to pay for them at the time. It was definitely money well spent; while I would love to have them whitened, I'm not self-conscious about my teeth and people often compliment them.

I wanted braces when I was a kiddy but the dentist said I didn't need them :( Would have all been sorted by now too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I had braces as a teenager and while my teeth are much improved, my bite would need surgery to correct it.

I would love to get my bite fixed but I think the surgery is too drastic. I wish I'd had the opportunity to get it done when I was younger but nobody told me I needed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

And I've to get surgery on my face....wisdom tooth has decided to be a little sh1te and just lodge itself halfway up my gum and half in my jaw so it has to be taken out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My body has had a right shock this week, being out twice this week at Lion King on Tuesday and 39 Steps play with the school last night. Ran Monday morning on my own and with my work colleagues Tuesday and Friday, and boxing class Wednesday. Safe to say I'm shattered now!!!!! Three sets of year 10 papers to mark, three sets of year 11, a set of year 8s and a set of books, so that's my Sunday!! I'm thrown on the couch, after lasagne and a shower, not in that order, and just sleepy!!! Think I will manage to keep going with this health kick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Never had braces my teeth were naturally straight. But I do remember in school it seemed like everyone was getting braces and it was ridiculously the 'in' thing and I almost wanted them! :P Despite my teeth being straight though I have yellowish tinge to them. Can't wait to get them whitened sometime in the near future as I want it done by a dentist and properly as I figure it's worth the money. I recently got them done by ulta violet light (I think?) For 50 euro. Big mistake. My teeth and gums were extremely painful and sensitive for days after that I had to take painkillers which only took the edge off and the whiteness didn't last for particularly long either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ I was scrolling through the Buzzfeed app last night when I couldn't sleep & came across that, it's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Ha, just came across that too. Did ye see his reactions to all the films on seeing them for the first time? Really good. Also possibly the first thing I've read on Buzzfeed that wasn't a numbered list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I decided it was a great idea to give up dairy, gluten and sugar all in the one go. I lasted a whole day. My body is still punishing me, it feels as if I'm dying.

Maybe healthy living isn't for everyone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I decided it was a great idea to give up dairy, gluten and sugar all in the one go. I lasted a whole day. My body is still punishing me, it feels as if I'm dying.

LMP I tried the dairy and carbs one day last week. Then a friend offered me a cheese toasty for lunch after playing out I'm the snow with E. I was freezing... I caved so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

One meal at a time! Change your breakfast for a week. Then add your lunch the week after etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just had a lovely bath, my nails are painted and I bought a serious amount of stationery this weekend. Monday, come at me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The awkward moment where the fire alarm goes off during your performance review...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The awkward moment where the fire alarm goes off during your performance review...

So how much did you have to pay someone to do it?? :P

I've been looking forward to going for a swim all day, but I've just remembered my legs haven't seen a razor in about two weeks. Fck it? Or would it be really bad to go with hairy legs?? I'm really fair so it's not *that* visible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've been looking forward to going for a swim all day, but I've just remembered my legs haven't seen a razor in about two weeks. Fck it? Or would it be really bad to go with hairy legs?? I'm really fair so it's not *that* visible...

Why would it be bad? Go swimming!

Sound. Just wasn't sure if there was an etiquette thing around it. Haven't been to a pool in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So how much did you have to pay someone to do it?? :P

I would have paid for it not to happen! It resulted in us having to go stand out in the freezing cold for 45 minutes while they investigated...
    Sound. Just wasn't sure if there was an etiquette thing around it. Haven't been to a pool in years.

Think of how many men you see at the pool with a back that resembles a rug...

Think of how many men you see at the pool with a back that resembles a rug...

*facepalm* hadn't even thought of that!! In my defence, I can be a fierce eejit sometimes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Someone get me out of here! I'm in hospital 6 days now and still no seizure. It's so frustrating as I just want to get sorted and out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Sorry to hear you're having bad time of it, MCR. Hopefully you'll be out soon!

I love being woken up at 2am by a screaming child. (Screaming bkue murder for mammy, which is worse for mammy, I know. Reckon it's sleep training or something.)
    Then just over half an hour later, as I'm settled back into bed and ready to sleep again, being called by my brother to say he needs to stay here. Wouldn't explain reasons on the phone. So now I'm cranky AND worried.

Started week 3 of c25k and I think I've developed shin splints, very sore last night and sore when I woke this morning :( four of us in our department are out every Tuesday and Thursday and two of us who are actually following it do another session individually

Don't want to get out of bed!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wouldn't worry about it! How close to people get to you in the pool anyway? Not close enough to see a bit of hair! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

MCR that sucks! Do you just have to stay in until you have one? Sounds very frustrating

Poor mcr that does sound frustrating

I want all the radley things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm in the process of changing my name. I texted my close friends on Saturday and my family a little later. I made a Facebook announcement on Sunday, and today I told the people I volunteer with. I just have to tell college when I'm back after work experience. Then it's the legal name change process and the hassle of getting onto banks and all that. Still, I haven't encountered any problems and I'm more likely to mention my old name than people are to call me my old name.

• Advertisement

About an hour after I posted that I managed to have a seizure and then another one this morning. I've been wrecked all day as a result but I'm so glad! I haven't seen the doc yet but the nurses were on to him and he's put me back on full meds so they reckon that means that he'll send me tomorrow!

MCR that sucks! Do you just have to stay in until you have one? Sounds very frustrating

That's basically how it works. You come in and get hooked up with all the wires and they give you the first night to rest. After that they put you on sleep deprivation (bed at 2/3, up before 8) and reduce your meds daily to try get a seizure out of you and get the information that they need through the EEG. You're on camera 24/7 so they can see what happens physically too. It's actually interesting when you're not the patient!

I really hope that he does let me home now. I need to get some fresh air and, more importantly, to finally be allowed a shower!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Mcr that sounds awful, like torture! I hope it helps in the long run though. Also hope the staff were nice. Makes all the difference I find.

shalalala wrote: »
    Mcr that sounds awful, like torture! I hope it helps in the long run though. Also hope the staff were nice. Makes all the difference I find.

The nurses have been so lovely! We're just all in this one room so there's always just one nurse here looking after us at a time but every one of them have been so kind and really do look after you. The Doctors are grand too. Nice guys but they aren't around as much although you do find them congregating in the little computer room with their interns (the Baba doctors!) every so often. I'd say that this could be a fascinating place to intern in!

I'm free!!!

I am responsible for the bills in this house, so I wrote out a complete breakdown spreadsheet and included everyone on it, with notes, colours and exact calculations... left it in the kitchen... they burned it!!

Lucky enough I thought to make two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Oh flu, why do you love me so?

I am responsible for the bills in this house, so I wrote out a complete breakdown spreadsheet and included everyone on it, with notes, colours and exact calculations... left it in the kitchen... they burned it!!

Eh, what?! Your housemates like?

Burn them all is supposed to be a joke not an actual action plan

I'm going to hope you meant they burned it in a cooking disaster incident not like hey let's set this on fire

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They sound lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Jeez, I would not be impressed if my roommates did that! The maturity levels of some people... how do they think bills get paid? By magical fairies?!

I'm at home in my family house for the weekend looking after my sister (also called driving her places, since she's 18 and well able to look after herself). The dog is following me everywhere. She waits outside the bathroom for me and cries if I leave her alone in the kitchen! So needy! (But so very, very cute.)

I signed up to OKCupid this morning. There's some really lovely guys on there, just going by their profile. Some awful guys too. Of course my situation makes things difficult but I've had some encouraging things happen.

This is the Irish Miss Universe 2015 costume.

miss-universe-irel_3173188k.jpg

I think it''s only amazing. Some serious mix of sci-fi, steampunk and traditional Ireland going on there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Lyaiera wrote: »
    This is the Irish Miss Universe 2015 costume.

miss-universe-irel_3173188k.jpg

I think it''s only amazing. Some serious mix of sci-fi, steampunk and traditional Ireland going on there.

I saw this on facebook. It reminds me of Lordey from Eurovision. It's certainly futuristic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I signed up to OKCupid this morning. There's some really lovely guys on there, just going by their profile. Some awful guys too. Of course my situation makes things difficult but I've had some encouraging things happen.

Good luck with it :) So many assholes out there, I hope you don't meet them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement