Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I've already found some jobs that I'm considering applying for. Could have to move but so be it. I'm trying to think of it as the start of a new adventure rather than getting stressed over it. So, it's scary and exciting at the same time. :)

So exciting! Getting a room somewhere, meeting new people etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fingers crossed something will work out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Good luck PP, sounds like an exciting time! :)

I've had a fun week. Got some great feedback and much better result on some dissertation work than I was expecting. We were told today that no one failed any exams. I applied and was accepted to a cool course. Got myself a new job to fund said course and I'm also excited and slightly terrified about this being my last semester in college! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ooh happy birthday Ivy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm eating some of the sweets I bought to give to my students tomorrow. Best decision today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Amica

I used to be on here a couple of years ago under a different name and I think I remember there being some kind of regular ladies lounge meet-up (hope I didn't imagine it!) Is that still going on? And hello everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Happy birthday Ivy.

So, I'm job-hunting again. I found out today that I'm finishing in three weeks. :(
    That's disappointing, but look at it this way, you're going to start job hunting from a much stronger position than the last time - you have much more experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Belated birthday wishes Ivy - hope you had a great day :)

Loungers - I has a problem. I've got the lurgey thing of cracked skin at the corner of my lips. Any hints on what I could try to relieve the problem? It's sore :(

sullivlo wrote: »
    Belated birthday wishes Ivy - hope you had a great day :)

Loungers - I has a problem. I've got the lurgey thing of cracked skin at the corner of my lips. Any hints on what I could try to relieve the problem? It's sore :(
    Myself and bluewolf are prone to that too. Vitamin B supplements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Myself and bluewolf are prone to that too. Vitamin B supplements!

For the already cracked skin, I'm currently on an all-things-coconut-oil kick. Cleared my coldsore up in a few days all by itself! Didn't have to go fork out a billion euro for Zovirax, etc.

Tip: no matter what people say, do not use coconut oil to shave your legs. I've done it (twice) and gotten the most horrific rash of my life. My skin was actually red raw and so sore! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

+1 on the B vitamins.

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream helps too.

I guess I'll be taking a wander to the pharmacy for some VitB.

Or I could wander into the lab and see if we have anything that resembles VitB. A nice little kick to add to my coffee :pac:

OMG we have a meeting thing at 12.30 and we've learned of the fact that there will be pastries at the meeting. Pastries! I can see attendance sky rocketing from 20% to well over 60%. Never underestimate the power of a good pastry.

I just saw my first ever boyfriend. I actually cannot stop smiling! How sad am I?

shalalala wrote: »
    I just saw my first ever boyfriend. I actually cannot stop smiling! How sad am I?
    aww so sweet! That's the kind of little thing that can brighten up your day. Now I'm smiling too!

Amica wrote: »
    aww so sweet! That's the kind of little thing that can brighten up your day. Now I'm smiling too!

He gave me a hug. Now I smell like him. Do you ever get over your first love? Ahhhh

God, you're so cute! I think your first love always has a special place for you, unless he's a total d1ckwad :-D I would love to meet my first love. It ended stupidly between us - just a misunderstanding I didn't correct out of fear of rejection. It was so long ago but I would love to put it right. It would seem so weird now for me to contact him out of the blue about it - "remember when I broke up with you 12 years ago, well what really happened was..." haha

Amica wrote: »
    God, you're so cute! I think your first love always has a special place for you, unless he's a total d1ckwad :-D I would love to meet my first love. It ended stupidly between us - just a misunderstanding I didn't correct out of fear of rejection. It was so long ago but I would love to put it right. It would seem so weird now for me to contact him out of the blue about it - "remember when I broke up with you 12 years ago, well what really happened was..." haha

You should! What have you got to lose?

We were on and off for years, on when I met my last bf and I chose him stupid stupid shalalala.

But anyway he has a gf now and he is just a sweet guy. He was so concerned about me having to tell mam he was thinking about her.

I got it so right with my first... Now I have to repeat it! :)

hmm it's annoying when you realise you made a mistake, but that's the only way to learn. At least you'll know what to look for the next time you meet someone special :-)

Yeah vit b and i use a lot of chapstick waiting for it to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

I was offered a job as a clerical officer in the HSE today :D Really thrilled, can't wait to find out when I start! I'll be so sad to leave my internship though, really have gotten so much out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's disappointing, but look at it this way, you're going to start job hunting from a much stronger position than the last time - you have much more experience.
    That's true. I've got 15 months worth of experience now. I'm excited and scared at the same time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im really getting down with the whole job hunt :/

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

herisson wrote: »
    Im really getting down with the whole job hunt :/

Looking for jobs can be soul destroying. You'll find the right one for you soon though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

You'll get there herisson. Hang tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I was offered a job as a clerical officer in the HSE today :D Really thrilled, can't wait to find out when I start! I'll be so sad to leave my internship though, really have gotten so much out of it!

Congrats!

Glad to hear you got one of the good internships. I'm starting one with the HSE on Monday week so I have my fingers crossed it's decent :)

• Advertisement

Ladies today is a big day... First day wearing trousers to work in 2ish years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got myself a temp job!

2 months but sure wont it do?

And its a job im really interested in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hey ladies! I can't sleep right now as there is so much going on at the minute and I'm so stressed out. I probably should be on the Nocturnal forum :) Cuddled up in a blanket on the couch watching Netflix, I wish I had some munchies to eat!

Huh! I can't wait till January is over and done with. It has been such a negative month! Thank Christ only one more day.

Going to snoop around and see what I have missed on the forum :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I changed my name a few weeks ago (socially for the moment, legally soon.) I just rang home.

"Hi is *my mother* there?"
    "No, she's shopping." (My father.)
    "Ok, will you tell her to call me when she gets in?"
    "Who's this?" (I can see where this is going.)
    "Niamh."
    "I don't know anyone called that." *Hangs up.*

My lovely father. God bless him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I changed my name a few weeks ago (socially for the moment, legally soon.) I just rang home.

"Hi is *my mother* there?"
    "No, she's shopping." (My father.)
    "Ok, will you tell her to call me when she gets in?"
    "Who's this?" (I can see where this is going.)
    "Niamh."
    "I don't know anyone called that." *Hangs up.*

My lovely father. God bless him.

:D

I always find it strange that someone would refer to their parent by their first name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

January is over! Dryathlon is over! I've raised £120 for Cancer research :D still £30 of my target tho :(

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :D

I always find it strange that someone would refer to their parent by their first name!

My baby cousins have started that craic so I asked my aunt and uncle what's the story
    they said, the cousins started calling them that once they found out that mammy and daddy have real names too
    it's a mix of the two now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I always called my grandmother by her name when I was little. When anyone asked me why, I said 'because that's her name!'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dolbert wrote: »
    I always called my grandmother by her name when I was little. When anyone asked me why, I said 'because that's her name!'

My granddad always insisted that we call him by his name although it took me a long time to realise that "Enda" was his name and not another word for granddad.

Went out to try my hand at changing my flat tyre while my house was being looked at by a valuer (it's being sold so have to move :().

He came out and saw me struggling to even get the spare tyre out and just did the whole thing for me! Took him like three minutes and would have taken me an hour! Absolutely sound of him! :)

New vendula wallet arrived, put all my cards in it. Found a tesco gift card. And a bt one? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

We have snow! :D I still have to go to work though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nearly went on my arse multiple times on the way to the tube this morning! Looks like a treadmill day later for me...

Nearly went on my arse multiple times on the way to the tube this morning! Looks like a treadmill day later for me...
    I was up early so nearly cycled in to work but then I looked out the window and saw the frost and decided not to risk it.

Stupid spring.

Cannot stop yawning this morning! Anyone want to do these exams for me?!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Stupid spring.

These Irish season definitions are bloody stupid :pac: February is cold as balls, May is never wonderful, August is generally pretty hot and November is usually more autumnal than wintery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Herro!

IMG_20150203_090553.jpg

Maternity leave is great lads. No leaving the house or getting out of the Pj's unless absolutely necessary :pac:

Oh he is gorgeous! :)

What a little cutie :D

Oh he's adorable! :D

Who's a happy baby!!

I can practically hear a little baby laugh! What a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Aaaah I can't see the pic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Well that certainly brightened up my morning. What a cutie! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

He's just dotey :)

It's freezing today, and I haven't even left the house yet. Would do bad things for a holiday in Tenerife right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement