Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Seems like I am suffering from fullmoon-itis today. Random anxiety and lack of productivity galore. But my new bag arrived!

Got 2 sanctuary body washes. Got a free gift box! Scrub lotion and wash in it! And it smells so yummy!

Also THIS time a boots lady thanked me for being so nice about a delay. I have redeemed myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

What a cute baby!

I'm not in the form for work. I am in the form for bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm not in the form for work. I am in the form for bed.

I resemble this remark, post lunch slump about to hit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Right there with you ladies, wish lunch would carry on for another few hours... Just until I have to go home...

Wish this snow would feck off already too. Just when I think it's gone, I wake up to white everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Just realised I haven't had lunch! :eek: My new study app is working a treat! :D It's a Pomodoro timer, but it can be set to block the internet and only let you use it during the breaks. Put it on with my phone in airplane mode and have got so much done!

I saw Birdman last night. It was good! Different, but very good.

Had a great night, actually. A study break/date night treat (since we never go anywhere :P). Went for an epic meal in a BBQ place called My Meat Wagon (gonna say best bbq in Dublin, over Pitt Bros and Bison Bar anyway) Right beside the Lighthouse Cinema. Then had tea in the Lighthouse cafe while waiting for our film to start. Then very enjoyable film! :) Would highly recommend the combo!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dolbert, he is gorgeous! My ovaries twanged when I saw the pic. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just realised I haven't had lunch! :eek: My new study app is working a treat! :D It's a Pomodoro timer, but it can be set to block the internet and only let you use it during the breaks. Put it on with my phone in airplane mode and have got so much done!

I saw Birdman last night. It was good! Different, but very good.

Had a great night, actually. A study break/date night treat (since we never go anywhere :P). Went for an epic meal in a BBQ place called My Meat Wagon (gonna say best bbq in Dublin, over Pitt Bros and Bison Bar anyway) Right beside the Lighthouse Cinema. Then had tea in the Lighthouse cafe while waiting for our film to start. Then very enjoyable film! :) Would highly recommend the combo!

Link to the app? Because my one is getting me nowhere!

Your date is also sounding like a great idea for a treat for my boyfriend's birthday in a few weeks!

Link to the app? Because my one is getting me nowhere!

Your date is also sounding like a great idea for a treat for my boyfriend's birthday in a few weeks!

The app is called Clear Focus. I'm finding it best used in airplane mode cause I need to have my sound on to hear its alarms, but that lets me hear texts too! It actually won't let you change the internet setting during a study session (unless your turn it off - it was a law related Google search, I swear! :P)

Would highly recommend said date. The Lighthouse is such a lovely cinema. :) And that restaurant is cool, if a tad hipster (the beer comes with jam jar glasses and the fries are served in tiny shopping trollies!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I really wanna smile and make funny faces at that baby! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey everyone ;)

Who's all cooing at the baby? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thanks everyone, I made him myself :P He already has an eye for the ladies, definitely smiles more at women!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dolbert, he's just the cutest!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Such a big wave from such a tiny baby - he's adorable!

I'm going to an archery competition on Saturday, in Telford, with like... 600 other archers. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement, I'm afraid I'll let the whole team down by being my mediocre self!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Applied for three jobs today. Fingers crossed I get even an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

How so Joe wrote: »
    Such a big wave from such a tiny baby - he's adorable!

I'm going to an archery competition on Saturday, in Telford, with like... 600 other archers. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement, I'm afraid I'll let the whole team down by being my mediocre self!

That is so cool! Studying Archery is on my bucket list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oh Dol, what a smiler! :)

Best of luck with the applications PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dol he is so handsome!!

Long ass week is long. We had David Cameron in on Monday and I had the head in my lesson today. Blah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    We had David Cameron in on Monday
    And he wasn't egged? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And he wasn't egged? :(

Haha kids AND staff were warned to be on our best behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I think I need a career change. Been thinking about retraining as a solicitor for a long time. Change is scary though...

How is everyone today? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I think I need a career change. Been thinking about retraining as a solicitor for a long time. Change is scary though...

How is everyone today? :)

A word of caution from someone in the middle of a law degree...ya better like reading :P

I woke up every hour from sleep time until up time. This whole "altered sleep pattern" better hurry up and alter back to a time when my alarm would be the first thing to wake me :pac:

Went for a swim last night. Someone needs to tell the men of the world that white GAA shorts with nothing under them do not make good swimming shorts.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Ah the DOTE! He has such gorgeous eyes, Dolbert :)

Still haven't heard about when I start in the HSE but I have an interview tomorrow for a job related to my degree... Don't know what to be thinking at this point, I just have no idea if I'm coming or going!

Hope you're getting on wonderfully in your internship WesternNight! :) I honestly am having a great experience with mine, and I think that's largely because it's related to my degree and building on skills I theoretically gained at college. Hope it's been a positive experience for you so far :D

I have a hair appointment tomorrow and I'm strongly considering a pixie cut. Not sure if genius or insanity :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I have a hair appointment tomorrow and I'm strongly considering a pixie cut. Not sure if genius or insanity :eek:

Go for it!

(it'll grow back)

Go for it!

(it'll grow back)

Hair does grow!

I'll probably make my hairdresser decide :o

I was gonna say i love your hair as is but hair always grows back so it's worth a try! Ask herif there's a pixie cut that'd suit, they usually know things

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    I was gonna say i love your hair as is but hair always grows back so it's worth a try! Ask herif there's a pixie cut that'd suit, they usually know things

Aw thanks :o It's just gotten a bit overgrown, and you know when you fancy a change. I'll chat to him anyway and see :)

Ilyana - if you feel like going for it, do it! :)

My hair was down past my shoulders about 5 years ago & I decided on a whim to get a pixie cut. I loved it! I kept it for about 2 years before letting it grow out & now my hair is longer than it was even before I cut it all off. It's so fun to be adventurous with your hair, especially as it grows back!

Lads, I want to go on an adventure when these exams are done. Think my heart is firmly set on the USA right now. I'd love to travel around it by train or something. This looks pretty cool too.

ShazGV wrote: »
    Ilyana - if you feel like going for it, do it! :)

My hair was down past my shoulders about 5 years ago & I decided on a whim to get a pixie cut. I loved it! I kept it for about 2 years before letting it grow out & now my hair is longer than it was even before I cut it all off. It's so fun to be adventurous with your hair, especially as it grows back!

You must have quick-growing hair! But I'm the same, I love changing things up every now and again.

Lads I can't hack this cold weather :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

You must have quick-growing hair! But I'm the same, I love changing things up every now and again.

Lads I can't hack this cold weather :(

I normally quite like the cold but this is just getting ridiculous! It's never-ending!!

I think we may need to consider getting on board with the rest of the world when it comes to seasons - this is definitely more winter than spring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I've had the heat on since I got in from work and it still feels cold. :(

Does anyone else have ridiculously dry skin at the minute? Going from central heating out to the cold and back again is really taking its toll.

Ice Storm wrote: »

Does anyone else have ridiculously dry skin at the minute? Going from central heating out to the cold and back again is really taking its toll.

Yeah my hair doesn't need half as much washing and my fingers under the cuticles are peeling and flaking away =/

Ice Storm wrote: »

My skin is in a right state at the mo, dehydrated flaky patches showing up as soon as I've put on foundation. Hydrating serum is helping a bit but it's still annoying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Lads, I want to go on an adventure when these exams are done. Think my heart is firmly set on the USA right now. I'd love to travel around it by train or something. This looks pretty cool too.

Oh that looks fun. I did a month long hike in the four corners in my teens but I would love to do something like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah my hair doesn't need half as much washing and my fingers under the cuticles are peeling and flaking away =/
    The corner of my lip cracked over the weekend, I was doing so well!

• Advertisement

Mine didn't but I'm paranoid now :D
    I think I've been eating veg with a lot of vit b in it. I can't remember which ones

I think it was courgettes and aubergines?
    I've been living off them and bell peppers and garlic and onions

I know people mean well when they say things like "You need to sleep, you look really tired", but it just makes me feel worse!

/rant

Thanks for the reminder to get some B vitamins in. Did me some research and it appears to be riboflavin deficiency that causes the auld cracked lips, so I better get used to fluorescent wee for a while :pac:

I'm hating this cold too. My hot water bottle has been permanently attached to me!

Had an early finish from work yesterday and made it home before it was completely dark outside. Hurry up nice weather :)

A word of caution from someone in the middle of a law degree...ya better like reading :P

Are you enjoying the degree? English was my best subject at school so logically I decided to do a science based degree. Smart I am not :pac:

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Are you enjoying the degree? English was my best subject at school so logically I decided to do a science based degree. Smart I am not :pac:

Yeah it's okay, pretty interesting in places, and mind-numbingly dull in others. Law degrees prep you for the FE1s and Kings Inn exams so you have to do subjects like Property Law, Equity & Trusts, Contract Law etc. If you're interested in a career in law, you need to do them but I found them really boring. On the other hand, areas like Criminal Law and Family/Child/Matrimonial can be fascinating.

I've since discovered that a career in law isn't for me, but I have enjoyed the degree overall and I hope it'll stand to me when I graduate.

Just so you know, yiu need a law degree wkth specific requirements to be a barrister (to avoid a two year prep couse and extra entrance exam) but you just need -a- degree to pursue a career as a solicitor. We all end up having to do the FE1S regardless!

I'd recommend having a look if it's something you want! Lots of people who are solicitors don't come from law degrees. I'm (hopefully) starting training this year. :D

Yeah it's okay, pretty interesting in places, and mind-numbingly dull in others. Law degrees prep you for the FE1s and Kings Inn exams so you have to do subjects like Property Law, Equity & Trusts, Contract Law etc. If you're interested in a career in law, you need to do them but I found them really boring. On the other hand, areas like Criminal Law and Family/Child/Matrimonial can be fascinating.

I've since discovered that a career in law isn't for me, but I have enjoyed the degree overall and I hope it'll stand to me when I graduate.
    Just so you know, yiu need a law degree wkth specific requirements to be a barrister (to avoid a two year prep couse and extra entrance exam) but you just need -a- degree to pursue a career as a solicitor. We all end up having to do the FE1S regardless!

I'd recommend having a look if it's something you want! Lots of people who are solicitors don't come from law degrees. I'm (hopefully) starting training this year. :D

Thanks guys :)

Ilyana 2.0 - I'm sure having a law degree will stand to you even if you work in another area. Employers will know that you had to work hard for it.

sunshine and showers - fingers crossed you start your training this year!

It was something I'd toyed around with at school but for some reason decided against it. I'll have to look into it a bit more. Maybe it's just a phase of wanting to change everything. I feel like a rebellious teenager. Might get a random piercing... :pac:

My life plan of winning the lotto and becoming a lady of leisure (leeeeesure) hasn't happened yet. I'll bide my time :P

Stupid studying. Stupid law. Stupid everything.

(Am still in the library and cranky. :P)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Stupid studying. Stupid law. Stupid everything.

(Am still in the library and cranky. :P)

What are we thinking?!

What are we thinking?!

I need to start cutting topics. I have no idea where to start.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement