Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The next year is gonna be pretty exciting! :D

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

In the last thread, I thought RK meant SHE was pregnant! I was all, "OMG, WOW!" complete with a shocked/happy face directed at my computer screen.

We got a new roommate at last! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

In the last thread, I thought RK meant SHE was pregnant! I was all, "OMG, WOW!" complete with a shocked/happy face directed at my computer screen.

We got a new roommate at last! :D

Are you ballin' next week?

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

Um, YES. Are you?

Just heard a rumour about a hair/make-up deal for it too! Very excited. Currently starving self (read: not eating chocolate :P) in preparation!

Um, YES. Are you?

Just heard a rumour about a hair/make-up deal for it too! Very excited. Currently starving self (read: not eating chocolate :P) in preparation!

I am indeedy! In a bit of a panic in case my dress doesn't arrive on time, I only ordered it there earlier :o

I'm sure you'll look faaabulous! I should take it easy on the junk but I know I'll only forget :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

sullivlo wrote: »
    Well done! 22 lengths is good going! It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 22, if you enjoyed it and feel better for it, then it's a great thing!

What's the natural yoghurt for? Any reason for low sugar content? I'm on a serious health buzz - I've lost ~ 8 kg so far.

Thank you! Well, so long as I keep improving it! Haven't gone swimming in probably seven years (since primary school) so it has been a bit of a shock getting back into it but I was always on at myself to do it! On a bit of a health kick myself :D

The yoghurt was actually 3.6g of sugar mainly because it was natural it's called Onken yoghurt, wanted to get Fage yoghurt but that was the only one I could find in Tesco with the lowest sugar level! :) Congratulations on the weight loss!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

Literally gawped at that for at least a minute before I figured it out.

I think it's bed time...

I wish I was a baller
    something something taller

LOL blue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wish I was a baller

Rabbit in a hat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Congratulations PP! Thrilled for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

sullivlo wrote: »
    Rabbit in a hat?

You're up, next caller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her

I wish I was a baller
    Dolbert wrote: »
    I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her

I've been meaning to buy this for my brother...

I wish I was a little bit taller tshirt

A woman asked me today what year I was in school and I replied 3rd year. She thought I was in 3rd year of secondary school, not 3rd year of college!! :P God, do I really look young enough to be doing my junior cert? Haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh god :eek: :pac:

*takes pill like a boss*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

A woman asked me today what year I was in school and I replied 3rd year. She thought I was in 3rd year of secondary school, not 3rd year of college!! :P God, do I really look young enough to be doing my junior cert? Haha!

Ha!

I got on a bus a few years ago and the driver goes "school fare or full?" and I was like.. uh..

I was 25.

Ha!

I got on a bus a few years ago and the driver goes "school fare or full?" and I was like.. uh..

I was 25.

I was asked for ID to buy cigarettes (not for me) on Christmas morning.

I'm 27.

Best Christmas ever.

I was refused a £1.60 cooking sized bottle of wine last summer in Sainsburys because I didn't have ID with me. I'm 29...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Well of course I'd arrive at the station just as the train's leaving!

• Advertisement

I woke up with a red raw throat and an inability to breathe.

First cold in months. I was not prepared for this.

The thoughts of heading into the lab this morning make me sad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Well of course I'd arrive at the station just as the train's leaving!

... and the connection left just as I was getting to the platform too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I NEVER get sick but I spent the first two weeks of 2014 dying of a chest infection and now I can feel another one coming on. Not cool! Holidays in just over a week so I need an instant remedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wish I was a baller
    I LOVE that! :)

Congrats PP, that is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I NEVER get sick but I spent the first two weeks of 2014 dying of a chest infection and now I can feel another one coming on. Not cool! Holidays in just over a week so I need an instant remedy!

It feels like ever single person in my office has been sick this year, even the ones that are normally immune. It is taking me forever to shake of this chest infection :(

Hope you feel better for your holiday!

LenaClaire wrote: »
    It feels like ever single person in my office has been sick this year, even the ones that are normally immune. It is taking me forever to shake of this chest infection :(

Dunno what it is about this year, but it seems like since October there's been a fairly constant low background rumble of coughing and spluttering in the office. Tis pretty nasty :(

I completely failed at getting up at the same time as my OH to try get a lift to Finsbury Park this morning to try and get around the tube strikes (there's a national rail line from there to right outside my office). Turns out that was a good move...

_72761069_bfsxkr0caaercu_.jpg

I completely failed at getting up at the same time as my OH to try get a lift to Finsbury Park this morning to try and get around the tube strikes (there's a national rail line from there to right outside my office). Turns out that was a good move...

_72761069_bfsxkr0caaercu_.jpg

That is a crazy amount of people! Are there any other options? How are people getting to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Slept great last night but I am still exhausted today for some reason :o Didn't have an attack last night thank god, need to start my meds tonight too :/ Would really prefer not to have to take them, but if they're needed, they're needed.

Buses, overground and national rail, cycling, river boats etc. The problem is that even when everything runs perfectly it's still jammed, so take one of the bigger options out and it is absolute chaos. I got a bus this morning, had to let 4 go past full before I was able to get on one, it took the guts of an hour to go around 4 miles, and left 30-40 people standing at nearly every bus stop after I got on.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Slept great last night but I am still exhausted today for some reason :o Didn't have an attack last night thank god, need to start my meds tonight too :/ Would really prefer not to have to take them, but if they're needed, they're needed.
    I suffer from chronic constipation. I've been in and out of hospital many times and had every test imaginable done on every inch of my GI tract to try and find the cause. I take daily medication to relieve pain and keep some semblance of normality in my bowel.

Anxiety, depression - they're just other illnesses that require people to take medication. You wouldn't think twice about taking paracetamol for a headache, so why worry (pun not intended) about taking xanex for anxiety?

(I had this conversation with my friend yesterday)

• Advertisement

Oh god, I got a burst of anxiety just looking at that crowd RK :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had to get from the o2 last night with no tube. In the wind and the rain.

Worst journey of my life, wasn't home till 2am :(

I got the river bus which was pretty cool though! :D

I got that before too
    :(
    :(

Everyone seems to be sick. My body has quit and I'm home in bed for the week signed off. Drink ALL the tea

Mind yerselves ladies, sorry to hear about all the sickness!

Blue - you're dead right. Feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Buses, overground and national rail, cycling, river boats etc. The problem is that even when everything runs perfectly it's still jammed, so take one of the bigger options out and it is absolute chaos. I got a bus this morning, had to let 4 go past full before I was able to get on one, it took the guts of an hour to go around 4 miles, and left 30-40 people standing at nearly every bus stop after I got on.

I was supposed to go to London from yesterday until tomorrow but I cancelled it cuz all that stress of getting around with no tube. not my idea of a holiday

Get well soon ladies!

I should have stayed home today to study. This class is pointless, definitely not worth trekking all the way up here for.

Mind yerselves ladies, sorry to hear about all the sickness!

Blue - you're dead right. Feel better soon!

It was doctor orders not me :D
    I'm watching some chinese comedy about a woman matchmaker who isn't having luck of her own
    this is what it's all come to :(

Being reduced to tears in work by an egomaniac on the phone is minus craic.

Well it was one long, sh!t day. Any suggestions for a movie with which to unwind this evening? Will be making a lovely dinner for myself. May stretch to a cold glass of wine also.

Well it was one long, sh!t day. Any suggestions for a movie with which to unwind this evening? Will be making a lovely dinner for myself. May stretch to a cold glass of wine also.

What kind of movies do you like? I usually watch movies where things blow up when I am having a bad day.

I am annoyed, my old hair dresser closed and I tried a new one. I thought the cut was fine when I left because he did a curl, but now the curls have fallen out and I think he missed cutting a chunk. It is like I have a whole section that is longer than the rest. My hair is just chin length so it is pretty noticeable :(

I need to go home and wash my hair and style it myself to be sure but I am really frustrated :(

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, mentioning what kinda movies I like would have been pretty useful.

..... I kind of have no idea what category/ies I like. Indie/funny.... I like Emma Stone, and John Krasinski... If the Mindy Project was a movie, that would be ideal.

Oh yeah, mentioning what kinda movies I like would have been pretty useful.

..... I kind of have no idea what category/ies I like. Indie/funny.... I like Emma Stone, and John Krasinski... If the Mindy Project was a movie, that would be ideal.

What about something like Easy A? Or have you seen Saved?

Think Easy A might be the winner alright!

Easy A is really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

As of this morning I am officially signed off the dole!!! :D

I have also sent off a form stating I am now a practicing veterinary nurse! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

LenaClaire wrote: »
    What kind of movies do you like? I usually watch movies where things blow up when I am having a bad day.

I am annoyed, my old hair dresser closed and I tried a new one. I thought the cut was fine when I left because he did a curl, but now the curls have fallen out and I think he missed cutting a chunk. It is like I have a whole section that is longer than the rest. My hair is just chin length so it is pretty noticeable :(

I need to go home and wash my hair and style it myself to be sure but I am really frustrated :(

That's annoying. Hopefully it's just the way the curls have fallen and it'll be fine when you style it yourself. I hated getting my hair cut for years after being convinced by a hairdresser to try short, pretty much boy length hair during my impressionable early teens. I do not and never will have a head for hair shorter than chin length! My current hairdressers are great.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    That's annoying. Hopefully it's just the way the curls have fallen and it'll be fine when you style it yourself. I hated getting my hair cut for years after being convinced by a hairdresser to try short, pretty much boy length hair during my impressionable early teens. I do not and never will have a head for hair shorter than chin length! My current hairdressers are great.

Yeah, my hair is naturally curly/wavy/crazy so I am hoping it is just my natural curl fighting the ghd curls a little oddly. It seemed even before he curled it, so hoping I am just being paranoid. :o

Oh, and in better news. Just realized the Winter Olympics opening ceremony is Friday night. Yay!

I've been tempted to cut my hair to shoulder length lately (it's currently somewhere in the bra strap region). Something like this perhaps http://www.stylebook.de/imgs/1/5/2/7/8/2/Daria_Werbowy_mit_Clavi-Cut-6094e03fda07353a.jpg

It's just so pretty! But whenever I do cut my hair, I forget that it's really curly, and then wonder why it springs up so much :o

Oh we're having rice and peas (kidney beans) with southern fried chicken! *Drools* So good! :D

Not mad on the southern fried chicken (healthy eating wise) but I've kept junk food out of my diet for the last 2/3 weeks except for a slight slip up Friday and Saturday and we don't ever have southern fried chicken so I think I'll allow myself this even if it is my rest day. :)

A question was asked for me in the Dail yesterday. About endocrinology treatment for trans patients in Cork, Munster, and across the state.

I did a politics. :D

It's official.

I have manflu.

And a job interview tomorrow. It's only a one year contract but it would be a start and would be an opportunity to expand on my skillset.

Bad timing though. Thankfully it only hurts to speak. Words still make sense :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement