Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

I had a bad cold when I interviewed for my job
    I think I smiled and apologised in advance and everyone was grand with it

edit: durr I meant to say good luck tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Best of luck sullivlo :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

sullivlo wrote: »
    It's official.

I have manflu.

And a job interview tomorrow. It's only a one year contract but it would be a start and would be an opportunity to expand on my skillset.

Bad timing though. Thankfully it only hurts to speak. Words still make sense :)

Strepsils do a great throat spray, numbs you lovely. Its red with a white cap. Tastes gack, but does the trick.

Best of luck tomorrow. Bring a bottle of water in case they dont offer you any and you need to ease your throat from all the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Neyite wrote: »
    Strepsils do a great throat spray, numbs you lovely. Its red with a white cap. Tastes gack, but does the trick.

Best of luck tomorrow. Bring a bottle of water in case they dont offer you any and you need to ease your throat from all the talking.

I've got difflam spray. It's gross and I gag on it but it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Besta luck, sullivlo!

I was running on fumes doing my recent interview... Had worked about 15 hours the day before and got about 4 hours' sleep. All the way into the place I was repeating, "just one hour, you can do this, just get through this one hour, then you can sleep"...

It worked though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Morning ladies and good luck today sullivlo!

I have a presentation this morning, my first big one ever. Dreading it. I can talk for Ireland during a chat but public speaking isn't for me. Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Best of luck sullivlo! :D

Good luck Ilyana, you'll be great :)

WinterSong wrote: »
    Best of luck sullivlo! :D

Good luck Ilyana, you'll be great :)

I'm still on the bus and the class started 5 minutes ago. Really making a good impression :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best of luck sullivlo and Ilyana! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

sullivlo wrote: »
    It's official.

I have manflu.

And a job interview tomorrow. It's only a one year contract but it would be a start and would be an opportunity to expand on my skillset.

Bad timing though. Thankfully it only hurts to speak. Words still make sense :)
    Good luck, hope it goes well for you!
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Morning ladies and good luck today sullivlo!

I have a presentation this morning, my first big one ever. Dreading it. I can talk for Ireland during a chat but public speaking isn't for me. Bleh.
    Good luck with the presentation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Computers and phones are down in work today. *twiddles thumbs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I forgot there was a new thread and I was thinking the place was very quiet because it wasn't coming up in my followed threads :pac:

herisson wrote: »
    I forgot there was a new thread and I was thinking the place was very quiet because it wasn't coming up in my followed threads :pac:
    I think there should be a link to the new thread in the old thread (of all closed super threads.

Osky is staring me out of it, I don't know what he's looking for :(

So the presentation went marginally better than expected, yer one said it was well-structured and a good survey of the topic matter. But I kept jumbling my words and saying ridiculous things that made no sense.

Just so relieved that it's OVER!

Is he trying to figure out why you're at home on a schoolday?

Is he trying to figure out why you're at home on a schoolday?

:D:D
    Poor bear
    He wanted to go out and play!

So the presentation went marginally better than expected, yer one said it was well-structured and a good survey of the topic matter. But I kept jumbling my words and saying ridiculous things that made no sense.

Just so relieved that it's OVER!

Well done!

Go have a nice glass of wine with lunch as a reward!! :D

From my experience with presentations, there'd generally be a good bit of latitude given to someone who has a good solid set of slides, and clearly put the work in, even if they struggle with the public speaking element of it. So I would say with the very positive remarks you did quite well! Fingers crossed!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Computers and phones are down in work today. *twiddles thumbs*

ohgodohgodimsojealous :(

• Advertisement

Well done!

Go have a nice glass of wine with lunch as a reward!! :D

From my experience with presentations, there'd generally be a good bit of latitude given to someone who has a good solid set of slides, and clearly put the work in, even if they struggle with the public speaking element of it. So I would say with the very positive remarks you did quite well! Fingers crossed!

Aw thanks! I'll skip the wine today and keep it for my ball next week :D

Oh gosh I didn't have time to do slides or hand outs or anything. I was literally reading from handwritten sheets :O Here's hoping anyway, mine was the second out of the class, and the girl before me just had her own notes as well. We must be a bit old-school or something :pac:

Aw thanks! I'll skip the wine today and keep it for my ball next week :D

Oh gosh I didn't have time to do slides or hand outs or anything. I was literally reading from handwritten sheets :O Here's hoping anyway, mine was the second out of the class, and the girl before me just had her own notes as well. We must be a bit old-school or something :pac:

Ah fair enough, well that actually sounds like you did a *lot* better than you think, given that they were able to tell you it was well-structured and well-researched!

Ah fair enough, well that actually sounds like you did a *lot* better than you think, given that they were able to tell you it was well-structured and well-researched!

:D

I'mma just go with your take on the whole thing!

Well done ilyana :cool:

ohgodohgodimsojealous :(

They're back now! There was only so much filing I could do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Started my meds today, took one Xanax this morning and within minutes it had me knocked out. :eek:

I ended up sleeping on a chair for 2-2.5 hours. I never sleep on chairs (unless I'm on a plane etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I dont wanna make you all jealous or anything but i have infront of me a slice of profierole cake..yes! A chocolate cake that has profiteroles inside it! Inside it!

Absolutely rank btw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I dont wanna make you all jealous or anything but i have infront of me a slice of profierole cake..yes! A chocolate cake that has profiteroles inside it! Inside it!

Why would anyone ruin a chocolate cake with profiteroles?? :eek:

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Absolutely rank btw :pac:
    Like this? : https://www.google.fr/search?q=piece+montee&client=firefox-a&hs=eAR&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wZXzUozcDoOb0AW7tIDwCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=662

It's one thing that might persuade me to get married! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No it was like a moussey(?) chocolate cake with them inside it and on the top..it was awesome!! Got it in the cafe in debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Brothers wife keeps ringing in the mornings to bring to to school cause her mother can't be arsed to get dressed. She only has the one child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A wait of over a year to see an orthopaedic surgeon! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A wait of over a year to see an orthopaedic surgeon! :eek:

Oh no. Don't say that! I'm putting off an imminent referral!

Home après interview. It went okay but hard to tell really. Taking to the bed for the evening though. I'm still feeling rough :( throat feels like swallowing knives. Red hot burning knives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's public. Would be waiting 6 months for a private consultation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm really not in the humour for college tonight or for work tomorrow I just want to crawl up into bed. :/ but I need to get back to normality.

Ah here, don't push yourself. Take one more day if you feel like you need it. Mind yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Herrison this is for you <3

I just sent the last hour wrapping up stationary for prizes for my form kids. And today one of kids said 'Miss I have a new favourite work...gnarly! Like a tree!' So long story short, I'm going in early to cover a wall with black paper so we can stick those fluorescent stars up with our favourite words written on! Woo!

ALSO :mad: and evil supply teacher wouldn't let one of my kids go to the bathroom so he wet himself. I will find her and she will pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I've an interview on Monday for a place I'd really like to work in. Not sure if can convey my actual excitement at this. It's for a place that's identical to the place I'm in now, only run ten times better. Would love it. Only i hate interviews :/ messed up my last one, so I'm extra nervous. Can't help but think why would they pick me, but have to stop thinking like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Was attempting a crazy-ish crash diet before a ball next week. Copped myself on today and signed back in to My Fitness Pal. Going to take healthy eating more seriously instead of looking for a quick fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Where is everyone. Last post 4hrs ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I know it's because I had a few drinks last night but I've felt miserable all day. And it's coming to a head now. I just want the world to end. Or to be able to lie in bed and not have to deal with my thoughts before I fall asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was cleaning my apartment from top to bottom because we have visitors coming tomorrow! Glad it's done, the place looks great now. *satisfied face*

Almost the weekend :)

Good day today :) Booked a night away in a spa hotel with a voucher we got months ago, I got notification of the first stage of a potential promotion and we got some recording done. *collapses*

I want to bake a cake. What should I make?

That and the orange chocolate cake are my favourites :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have to make a sponge for James with fcuktonnes of berries in the sandwich for his birthday party.

We heard earlier that his second little friend will be coming. He only wanted two from creche there and I was really nervous that one or both of them wouldn't be able to make it. He's going to be made up.

Most of his friends are girls, but the single gender birthdays have already begun amongst his class. I hate that crap. :/

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have to make a sponge for James with fcuktonnes of berries in the sandwich for his birthday party.

We heard earlier that his second little friend will be coming. He only wanted two from creche there and I was really nervous that one or both of them wouldn't be able to make it. He's going to be made up.

Most of his friends are girls, but the single gender birthdays have already begun amongst his class. I hate that crap. :/

The... What?! Who decides that the birthdays are single gender? That's a thing??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I rang my friend and she had a party for the girls in the class only. She was trying to advise me to do the same and invite all the boys. I even told her that James gets on with more of the girls than the boys and his current best friend is a girl, so that wouldn't work. She still kept the same suggestion!

I want James to have whatever friends he wants to have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement