Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Mama Roesy is 60 today. We are having a big family dinner tonight for it. Packed my little fairy off to her other grandparents for the night. Hoping she behaves!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bluewolf wrote: »

I made it. It's on the bland side :-/ Texture is lovely though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think I've developed a fear of one of my jobs? Does that sound totally pathetic and ridiculous to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Roesy wrote: »
    In the school I teach in the mixed gender parties tend to still happen until about first class. It's a bit sad, somewhere during the summer after Senior Infants the big divide starts and boys who used to hang out with girls and vice versa seem to come back and only want to hang out with buddies of their own gender. There are one or two who go against the grain and stick with their opposite besties for another while but generally those friendships do seem to peter out over the year.

I love the fact that one of my best friends is a boy. He is what he is and he's never let me down and I love him to pieces. (And he's a boardsie so JG if you're creeping... <3 )

And I lived with 5 boys in college and I love them so much. I'm totally going to send my kids to a mixed school. They learn to behave around the other gender at a younf age so when they get to their teens they're more comfortable with it.

@DK, you summed it up! If your two boys are loved then the have it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Was watching Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, on Rte One. It's still on, but I'm too tired to stay up and watch it the rest of it! :P It's brilliant though, I've seen it before, recommend people to watch it! :) 1930's Mark Strong, yum! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm on a "Would I Lie To You?" binge. It's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My first day off in almost two weeks and I wake up at 5.55am! :mad:

My first day off in almost two weeks and I wake up at 5.55am! :mad:

Yuck! Baby is staying with granny and grandad and I'm awake since 6.45. Must go back to sleep!

I've been up about a half hour now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been awake the last hour or so.

But that's ok. 'Cause we're going to the rugby today :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've been awake the last hour or so.

But that's ok. 'Cause we're going to the rugby today :D:D

Jealous! I couldn't afford tickets. Probably couldn't have gone today anyway. Feel yuck.

I'm awake an hour but was up half the night sick. And couldn't get back to sleep.

I caught up on the Big Bang theory though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm choosing to see breakfast in bed as an upside to them keeping me in overnight for observation. May have been woken at 2 and 6am but yay for food! Still feel crappy, not as crappy as yesterday but still not singing and dancing... And realising just how badly I need to get my hair cut!!

I'm choosing to see breakfast in bed as an upside to them keeping me in overnight for observation. May have been woken at 2 and 6am but yay for food! Still feel crappy, not as crappy as yesterday but still not singing and dancing... And realising just how badly I need to get my hair cut!!

But is it the standard, 'delicious' CUMH carb fest of cornflakes, bread , toast and tea? Glad you are feeling a bit better. How many weeks do you have left lmp?

Yes with a healthy side of carbon on the toast! However having not been fed yesterday it was amazing. Stuck on a trace now before I get released!! Nine weeks to go, feels like a lifetime longer of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ah you poor thing. Hospital is horrible, it really truly is. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Yes with a healthy side of carbon on the toast! However having not been fed yesterday it was amazing. Stuck on a trace now before I get released!! Nine weeks to go, feels like a lifetime longer of this!

You poor sausage :( You haven't had an easy run of it :(

Feel better soon LMP :) x

You know, I had a fairly tough pregnancy, lots of ongoing issues re. high blood pressure, coughing up blood, very little movement all the way through, constant bleeding for the first trimester, etc.

But my little boy is a month old now, and he's an absolute dream! The best baby you could ever hope for!

Maybe difficult pregnancy = easy baby? :o

My gp has promised me a dream baby for my troubles!! And it will all be over soon!!

Hope the rest of you are having lovely Saturday mornings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

What Lucyfur said - you've had a rough ride LMP! Hope you get home super soon. You seem to be in great form though, fair play to you! Besta luck and health x

I r slightly hungover from the surprise fancy bubbles my best friend and her housemate produced last night to celebrate the new job. Bestest best friend is the bestest :D

• Advertisement

My gp has promised me a dream baby for my troubles!! And it will all be over soon!!

Hope the rest of you are having lovely Saturday mornings!!

I know they say that when you see your wee baby, it'll all be forgotten.

I honestly never really believed this. :o

But now that I have the little guy here, god, he's worth everything. He really is. :) If I'd only known at the time, all through the sickness and worrying ... it would have made it so much easier, if I just knew how amazing he was going to be. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

So I'm just home from the date :o

Won't be seeing him again. He was way too good looking for me.

It was a good stress relief for me.

You poor dewar. Hope you feel better soon, deary. If you need anything pm away xx

herisson wrote: »

Won't be seeing him again. He was way too good looking for me.

Don't be silly, you goose!

Get well soon to all the poorly ladies, and I hope the next nine weeks fly for you LMP!

And herisson, what Sarah said!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Don't be silly, you goose!

Nah he was. He was one of the best looking guys I've ever seen.

It did go well bar awkward moments from me....

How did you guess I was polish?
    Your English is terrible.

He just laughed though.

Bahaha You're.... i meant your...irony or what?! :pac:
    didnt cop it until Bluey quoted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Haha thats hilarious!

He obviously didnt think he was too good looking for you! Its too early for speaking this nonsense :p

herisson wrote: »
    You're English is terrible.

:pac:

Feel better lmp :)

Benefits of lying in bed all day: giant bag of mnms
    Or maybe that's a con not a pro... oh well

:pac:

Feel better lmp :)

Benefits of lying in bed all day: giant bag of mnms
    Or maybe that's a con not a pro... oh well

I corrected it :pac:

Get some kinder bueno >.>

I'm freeeee :)

• Advertisement

That match...

I just....

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm not a rugby person so I went to the gym to get away from my Dad watching it. It was on in there too but it didn't bother me at all. It was a nice change to crappy dance music. On the way out, one of the instructors asked me did it bother me that the rugby was on. I said not at all. He said he was asking coz a woman just rang in to complain about it. The bitch didn't even have the guts to say it straight to them. There's always one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm not a rugby person so I went to the gym to get away from my Dad watching it. It was on in there too but it didn't bother me at all. It was a nice change to crappy dance music. On the way out, one of the instructors asked me did it bother me that the rugby was on. I said not at all. He said he was asking coz a woman just rang in to complain about it. The bitch didn't even have the guts to say it straight to them. There's always one.

Jesus. I'd love if they put the rugby on in my gym! That would be unreal and it wouldn't feel like a workout! Surely they could put it on with no noise and leave the music on? I mean I would prefer something like e4 over the news but I'd never complain!

The nice man had stuffed animal toys for doggies in the shop so I got a big duck that makes duck noises :cool:
    quack quack
    peps is killing it now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6skb7m4cur85k3/2014-02-08%2017.11.03.jpg

Neighbour going to look at a '02 Micra for me tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me guys! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

The nice man had stuffed animal toys for doggies in the shop so I got a big duck that makes duck noises :cool:
    quack quack
    peps is killing it now

My dude had that one! He ate the feet off it in about two days. We have a little section in our kitchen dedicated to all the toys he's dismembered, it's so hard to find him anything durable enough!

Kong with food in it has lasted the longest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Kong with food in it has lasted the longest

He has zero interest in his Kong, even when I stuff it with all manner of delicious things. I tend to get a few weeks out of balls on rope type toys though

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ah here. Some people.

• Advertisement

Watched the rugby with a Welsh man :cool: <
    SMUG!!!

Feck you, Gatland you Kiwi prick! The real Lions roared today :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My roommate suggested earlier that we do Slimming World together. We’re going to alternate cooking food and we made a meal plan and went and bought all the food we need.

Also cleaned my new (bigger) room and I’m moving into it in the morning. I have never seen anything quite as disgusting as the state that room was left in. The floor was covered in rubbish. There was chewing gum on the underside of the headboard of the bed. It was VILE. Thankfully, my mammy came by to bring me my dress for the ball and she stayed and helped us clean. SEVEN BLACK BAGS OF RUBBISH.

Yay for a productive Saturday!

Cosy bed is cosy. Watched 'All is lost' last night. I have to say I found it to be pretty boring.

Roesy wrote: »
    Cosy bed is cosy. Watched 'All is lost' last night. I have to say I found it to be pretty boring.

Oh god yes. As far as I remember there was only one word in the whole movie, "FUUUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!"

Ah no, I was hoping All Is Lost would be good!

Oh well, I'll just watch All The President's Men for the 90th time to get my Redford fix :D

Oh god yes. As far as I remember there was only one word in the whole movie, "FUUUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!"

Well we know Robert didn't have a hard time learning his lines anyway :)

• Advertisement

Ah no, I was hoping All Is Lost would be good!

Oh well, I'll just watch All The President's Men for the 90th time to get my Redford fix :D

You might enjoy it!

That match...

I just....

Yes.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Watched the rugby with a Welsh man :cool: <
    SMUG!!!

Feck you, Gatland you Kiwi prick! The real Lions roared today :cool:

The atmosphere in the Aviva was something else. When Sexton took his first penalty you could have heard a pin drop. One of the best experiences ever :D

I was sitting next to a Welsh fella who was giving dog's abuse to the Irish team. Well, he was silent by the end of the match, smug prick :pac:

Today I'm off as well so I'm doing some work on the website in my pyjamas. Wish every Sunday was like this!

I have to bring some clothes back to new look and mark books and tests. Boo!!

It was too horrible to go for a walk so I did this instead:

Feeling great now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I meant to try and get out cycling today, but (a) slept it in, (b) am hungover, and (c) the wind is still howling! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement