Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Beep beep, I own a car!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Will ya drop me to the shop??

Pay me in chocolate and we have a deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Forget swimming with dolphins, I wanna swim with pigs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

If it's a Micra, can I join your gang? I have a Micra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Roesy wrote: »

Forget swimming with dolphins, I wanna swim with pigs!!!

Only certain types of pigs can swim. Pigs that we know can't cos their trotters slit their throats when they try :(

/fact of the day

It is a Micra! Yay, the Ladies Lounge Micra Gang!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Yay new thread \o/

I had finally decided I need to start studying properly for college rather than spending unnecessary amounts of time making sure the few assignments I do have are perfect. So on that note I shall be doing around 7 hours today \o/

I also had pizza and junk food for the first time in ages this weekend (having stopped eating bread and other gluten containing foods) and I was completely lethargic and didn't feel great. So I've decided that I need to find better places to order food from when I do have friends over.

Happy Sunday people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ciara1052 wrote: »
    I also had pizza and junk food for the first time in ages this weekend (having stopped eating bread and other gluten containing foods) and I was completely lethargic and didn't feel great. So I've decided that I need to find better places to order food from when I do have friends over.
    You might find Thai food good to order when you are having a girls night in so? A lot of dishes are made with rice noodles, and there can be quite a lot of veg in it too depending on what you're ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

My diet out the window past few days. Feel manky with my cold / infections so eating whatever my stomach can handle.

This morning I had a magnum because it was cold and soothing on my throat.

No exercise either which is surprisingly driving me crazy mentally. I normally hate exercise but I was on a streak! But just don't have the energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

You might find Thai food good to order when you are having a girls night in so? A lot of dishes are made with rice noodles, and there can be quite a lot of veg in it too depending on what you're ordering.

Yeah exactly! Usually for those occasional dinners in college there's a wagamamas around (they have a pretty good menu I find) just need to find somewhere closer to home.

That or I suppose it'll be a few sides of chicken wings XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When I was getting my car my uncle way trying to get me the older micra coz they are solid and reliable cars but he said they were like gold dust. He couldn't find one that was up to his standard. Then I started spotting micra's every where!
    Now, this is one of those phrases that go, "I'm not racist but…" and proceed to be racist anyway but every second micra I saw had an Indian woman driving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I would drive absolutely anything if someone would buy it for me. Learning how to drive is a little difficult when my mum has her car (which I'm insured on) at work for 12 hours a day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I would drive absolutely anything if someone would buy it for me. Learning how to drive is a little difficult when my mum has her car (which I'm insured on) at work for 12 hours a day :(

That's why I gave up taking lessons. I found there was little point in forking out for lessons when I couldn't afford my own car to practice in or drive if I actually passed the test. That and the qualified driver rule which wrecked my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Paypal switched my primary card from mine to my dads.

I currently owe him a little over 200 quid.

**** sake.

That's why I gave up taking lessons. I found there was little point in forking out for lessons when I couldn't afford my own car to practice in or drive if I actually passed the test. That and the qualified driver rule which wrecked my head!

Oh god it's a nightmare like. After I crashed Mum's old car (not my fault but still), they're terrified of letting me drive without a qualified driver. I have the ten lessons done but I'm nowhere near ready for a test.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Only certain types of pigs can swim. Pigs that we know can't cos their trotters slit their throats when they try :(

/fact of the day

I learned that from a Dick King Smith book when I was 10. I told my cousin who lives on a pig farm and he nearly broke himself laughing. It's a myth apparently and the little dudes love a swim on a hot day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Now, this is one of those phrases that go, "I'm not racist but…" and proceed to be racist anyway but every second micra I saw had an Indian woman driving it.
    I have three Indian friends with Micras.

Can confirm that they have noticed similar, but have no idea why. (They may have also offered me honorary Indian status because of my wheels...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I learned that from a Dick King Smith book when I was 10. I told my cousin who lives on a pig farm and he nearly broke himself laughing. It's a myth apparently and the little dudes love a swim on a hot day.

really? Well that's good! Poor piggies shouldn't have to miss out on 'wimmin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have three Indian friends with Micras.

Can confirm that they have noticed similar, but have no idea why. (They may have also offered me honorary Indian status because of my wheels...)

:pac:

Glad it isn't just me to have noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Had a blast at Law Ball on Friday night but I'm still recovering now! I really wish I had a bit more confidence though; a lovely guy tried to kiss me and I didn't let him because I was feeling weird and thought it was a joke or something. Regret it now though, can't help but think that I was a bit mean to him and that kissing someone probably would've been the best thing for me, especially someone so nice!

I've cooked all morning and have dinners sorted and in the freezer for the rest of the week, so time to reward myself with some of the half price Ben and Jerry's I got earlier and watch netflix in bed :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Congrats on the car, PP :D

Betsy (the car) has arrived at her new home! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have to post this somewhere because it gave me a giggle. Was in Pennies today, doing a little bit of shopping for the essentials. At the bottom story of the store, there's ladies clothes and shoes, and the top story has underwear and clothes for men and children. Anyway, given that Valentine's is coming up, this store had corsets and sexy underwear at the top and bottom of the escalator. So I was on my way up to look around the underwear section when I noticed the man in front of me had turned entirely around on the escalator to stare at the corsets below (his wife/OH seemingly oblivious to this). When he reached the top, upon noticing more at the top, he proceeded to walk straight into a basket of clothes, evoking a giggle from me and a sigh from his OH. I spent around 10 minutes browsing upstairs and within that 10 mins, no fewer than 5 men walked into the basket! :pac: By the time I was leaving, I and several other female shoppers were in stitches laughing
    In related news, I now have underwear for VDay that has the seal of approval for several bruised kneed men... here's to hoping my own OH likes them too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pay me in chocolate and we have a deal?

I managed to tear myself outta bed :P

Watched some Gordon Ramsey at home, then went to see Dallas Buyers Cub which was awesome. Am now sitting in front of the really watching the first ever episode of E.R.!! So very retro! And I have a huge stack of books in front of me I have to mark :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Betsy (the car) has arrived at her new home! :D

I have owned three Micras at this stage. I love them! First I had Wall-E, then Eva, and now I have Riley.

The older models really are fab, but my current one is my grandad's 08 that he left me. I love it too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I drive a car that would probably fit a Micra or two into the boot :D

But my first car was a Feshty. Small cars are the business when you're getting started.

Had a brilliant weekend! Yay happy fun times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone here going to Dublin Comic Con this year?
    I'm currently sourcing accessories to my Vault Dweller costume on Amazon. They have inflatable machine guns! D::D
    I wish August would hurry the feck up and get here so I have something to keep me spirits up.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyone here going to Dublin Comic Con this year?
    I'm currently sourcing accessories to my Vault Dweller costume on Amazon. They have inflatable machine guns! D::D
    I wish August would hurry the feck up and get here so I have something to keep me spirits up.

Jaysus, you're organised! What's a Vault Dweller look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I have to get my dress on myself for the law ball and it's a bit awkward to get on over my head (halterneck). I'm planning to get my hair and make up done in Benefit. Should I get dressed and then go to get it done or chance going home and putting the dress on over my hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have to get my dress on myself for the law ball and it's a bit awkward to get on over my head (halterneck). I'm planning to get my hair and make up done in Benefit. Should I get dressed and then go to get it done or chance going home and putting the dress on over my hair?

I would say get dressed afterwards. I know if it were me wearing the dress all afternoon something would definitely end up down the front of it!

Just home from my little brothers birthday dinner. Such yummy food, and 3 separate members of the waiting staff came up to me to say how impressed they were with the little lady's behaviour. *chuffed mama*

• Advertisement

Put the dress on after, god knows what might get on it, especially if the weather's bad. You can always fix the hair after :)

I spent two hours taking up the hem of my ball dress. I *think* it's okay, but Christ on a bike, it was tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

Just watched the movie "the book thief"
    Such a beautiful movie but Jesus I'm all emotional now!

I decided to start skyrim again as a sneaky archer

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2926880/Yet
    So funny, so true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

bluewolf wrote: »
    I decided to start skyrim again as a sneaky archer

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2926880/Yet
    So funny, so true

Started playing Skyrim on mat leave as a distraction whilst waiting for bubs to make an appearance. I kept wandering off getting lost :) Must try and get back to it.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sunshine, its probably a bit late to tell you now *looks at clock* but the next time you are going to the ball, wear something button-down to the hairdressers so you are not pulling the top over your newly styled hair, and then drape a silky square headscarf over your head before putting on the dress - the neckline of the dress will glide over the silky fabric without messing a hair on your head.

My mammy has a micra that I'm insured on, its such a nippy little yoke. Can I get a sari? I've always wanted one. They are so pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

javagal wrote: »
    Just watched the movie "the book thief"
    Such a beautiful movie but Jesus I'm all emotional now!

Wha? How'd you manage that? It's not out til the 26th!??

It's my sister's favourite book, she's quite excited about it coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm so efficient today, kitchen is cleaned, I have queen cakes made for liam's snacks, now I'm getting some work done, so Liam is watching Winter Olympics on telly while making duplo towers. He is mesmerised by the ice skating!

Got into the office SUPER early today as I am off to do ALL the driving for work for the rest of the day. Hope the roads in the Wesht are kind to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I hope I'm not getting sick. My flat mate spent the past two days and all last night coughing and with a sore throat and chest. I just had a shower and nearly fainted in there. I had to get out and sit on the floor for a bit to get my head together. I hope it was just a mixture of being tired, raising my arms for prolonged periods and the heat but it's possible I'm getting whatever sickness he has.

(I've never been sick away from my family. I'm imagining it'll be awful.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Little bro's GF had her big scan today, found out that she's having a little girl :)

Time to start buying some immensely cute stuff to send over to them :)

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better today Lyaiera!

33 hours to this ball and my skin has erupted. Typical :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

How so Joe wrote: »
    Wha? How'd you manage that? It's not out til the 26th!??

It's my sister's favourite book, she's quite excited about it coming out.
    *High Pitch Scream* Oh my God do I love that book!!!! :D So excited for the film!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I splashed out and bought new hair ties the other day. I'm going to open them today. It's completely ridiculous how much this simple pleasure has cheered me up.

I was wondering why people were asking about smears in here til I realised wrong thread :p
    on way home, I think half the office left at 4 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus, you're organised! What's a Vault Dweller look like?
    Hahaha! Thanks! I want to get everything early so I can relax in the run up to August and not act like a headless chicken. I still have my old Space Gun from my first Vault Dweller costume from 2009 but I threw away the boiler suit during a clearout. Regretting it a little bit but what can you do? :pac:
    Anyways, my costume will consist of this tracksuit:
    foc_7.jpg
    I'm going for the Armored Vaultsuit look from Fallout 3 so I'm adding leg holsters, a utility belt, a shoulder pad, a kneepad and leather fingerless gloves. I'm getting each piece bit by bit but it's going to be a bit costly when it all adds up. Good thing they have second hand army surplus on Amazon! :D

Cool ^

Daphne from Scooby Doo caused me as much stress last Halloween :rolleyes:

I am freaking out right now, Daughtry just announced they're playing in The Academy in March!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

God I love my brother! :) Was getting all stressed about my FYP for college, I had some idea the direction I wanted to go but I was a little bit confused and was switching from one topic to another.

Sent him a text as he did his last year, he rang me back, talked out my ideas, give me some suggestions to add to it, people to go to and completely calmed me down about it. He's just really good to talk to but then we've always been close enough. Just grateful I have someone like that to talk to! :) Feel like he's always gotten and understood me!

Always trying to cheer me up or make me laugh or stop me freaking out about something when he knows without asking, that something is bugging me! Love him so much, I'd be lost without him.

I don't mean to exclude my other brother, love him too, but I suppose he's seven years older than me so I'm naturally much closer to my other brother. I suppose we've just been through a fair bit together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I've been called back for a chat after one of my interviews last week. I'm hoping this is a good thing.

On the downside, still half dead with this dose. Walked to chemist to get supplies earlier and needed a rest half way home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Brother annoying me. He borrowed 2080 euro before Christmas , he has given a good bit back, but he went to england to work for ten days on the grounds to pay me back in full. He also took my charger for my tablet that I got for Christmas and I can't even use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement