Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I will give you a clue.

The job title begins with a f and ends with a n :)

If you get it let me know :)

And is your name Sam? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I was gonna ask of they have a big hose haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

And is your name Sam? ;)

No lol but your really close.

I'm right about the job though, yeah?

I get some sort of baked good for that at least, right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I will give you a clue.

[AH post]

Pics of you and your workmates to prove this please.

[/AH post]

• Advertisement

I'm right about the job though, yeah?

I get some sort of baked good for that at least, right?

Yeah got it in one :)

Sure why not :) what would you like ?

[AH post]

[/AH post]

I'm sorry not been on Boards that long what does that brackets and letters inbetween the post you made mean ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just got fúcked over by roommate. No you cannot just tell us you are moving out today and expect your security deposit back. Especially not went rent is due tomorrow. Stupid bítch. So angry! Also, a verbal contract most definitely is a thing. Feck right off.

Oh my God, what a cow! :eek:

I will give you a clue.

Oh I got it, I r clever. John Cherry shall henceforth be known as Fireman Sam!
    [AH post]

[/AH post]

This!

[AH post]

[/AH post]

And you'd get pictures of fishermen.

Yeah got it in one :)

Sure why not :) what would you like ?

Chocolate fudge cake pleaseandthankyou! Make it snappy!

:D

• Advertisement

Oh my God, what a cow! :eek:

Oh I got it, I r clever. John Cherry shall henceforth be known as Fireman Sam!

This!

Lol I might just change my name.

To put a pic up do I use the touch site or does it matter ?

Chocolate fudge cake pleaseandthankyou! Make it snappy!

:D

Mmm delicious. I can't promise if I do that there won't be half of it gone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I have caterpillar cake today. I haz a happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I had a grand aul afternoon playing boardgames. Myself, two friends and someone I hadn't met before. I haven't played board games in a while. The people I played with could get a little antsy depending on how the game went. They're really good friends but it just was getting to me during games so I dropped away from it for a while. The people I played with today were totally relaxed though, it made for a great afternoon. No arguing about rules, no bickering and quibbling, no frayed nerves, it was really relaxing. And then I got chicken goujons and chips from The Fish Wife, their sweet chili sauce is ahmahzing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Finally got a new phone!!!

a huawei one!

herisson wrote: »
    Finally got a new phone!!!

a huawei one!

Very nice :) I hope it's working better then the last one ?

Very nice :) I hope it's working better then the last one ?

Like a dream. Its absolutely great.

My phone finally just broke today and i got it because with the interview and everything im going to need it

Like a dream. Its absolutely great.

My phone finally just broke today and i got it because with the interview and everything im going to need it

Good to hear :)

Good luck with your interview and knock there socks off(not literally) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I wonder would stealing socks ever be a legitimate way to impress people at a job interview? Maybe if you were interviewing to be a house magician?

How so Joe wrote: »
    I wonder would stealing socks ever be a legitimate way to impress people at a job interview? Maybe if you were interviewing to be a house magician?

I reckon you might get away with it then if that was the position you went for :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just applied for a job I'm interested in - uses my current skills and qualifications but is a totally different job. First time I've seen anything like this advertised, verrrrry interested! Of course I've gotten ahead of myself and already plotted out how I'd get there on google maps, only sent the CV half an hour ago :o

Just applied for a job I'm interested in - uses my current skills and qualifications but is a totally different job. First time I've seen anything like this advertised, verrrrry interested! Of course I've gotten ahead of myself and already plotted out how I'd get there on google maps, only sent the CV half an hour ago :o

Ooh good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Best of luck angeldelight!

Only two weeks left in college, hurray! After my exams I refuse to get on a train for at least a month. Aaand I might be going to Alicante this summer. Double hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Going to Marmaris in 8 weeks today.
    By then I will of finished college forever!!
    Been doing 30 day squats and abs and I must say my stomach has improved sooo much! Now to just get rid of stretch marks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

So my friend's baby is the cutest thing in the actual land and my ovaries are in meltdown. SO. CUTE.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Rory had his first morning at crèche. It was a bit ropey. Poor dude. He's sleeping now. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Then I started thinking of my granny and spent the whole morning crying remembering her.

I'm in very teary humour.

It's to be expected when stuff is changing I suppose.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Rory had his first morning at crèche. It was a bit ropey. Poor dude. He's sleeping now. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Then I started thinking of my granny and spent the whole morning crying remembering her.

I'm in very teary humour.

It's to be expected when stuff is changing I suppose.

Awh, hugs! Poor wee Rory, I'm sure he'll settle though. All the babies I know properly love going to their creche/childminder's.

Poor wee DK too! Hope you feel brighter soon x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Awh, hugs! Poor wee Rory, I'm sure he'll settle though. All the babies I know properly love going to their creche/childminder's.

Poor wee DK too! Hope you feel brighter soon x

He'll be grand. James loved it and the same girls are still there.

I'm back to work on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I know when I started bringing Liam to the crèche, it was much much harder on me than on him! He loves it, and he's always telling little stories about his little pals (he even has a wee girlfriend!). He's even picking up the Montpellier accent (so he says "mamang" instead of maman!).

• Advertisement

I love this phone. So cheap so good. only thing i dont like is that i havent figured out how to put on predictive text yet.

And my manager is letting me leave early for my interview too. Hurray!

Anf i finished early too double hurray!!

I know when I started bringing Liam to the crèche, it was much much harder on me than on him! He loves it, and he's always telling little stories about his little pals (he even has a wee girlfriend!). He's even picking up the Montpellier accent (so he says "mamang" instead of maman!).

Of course he does. Sure didn't he always have smiles for all the ladies from the start :D

Hope you are ok DK x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    Of course he does. Sure didn't he always have smiles for all the ladies from the start :D

Hope you are ok DK x
    Ha ha yeah!
    She's called Lily Rose and she likes giving Liam hugs and kisses!

Oh my god the time flew!

My cat seems to have made a cat friend. She's not one for making friends, so this is an interesting development. Seems like a lovely cat too, not sure if a stray or just a wanderer. My cat seems to be trying to sneak him into the house though. I'm suddenly feeling like the parent of a teenage girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

When Ivy mentioned Liam I thought 'hmm she must have another kid'

... took me longer than I care to admit to realise no one would actually call their child pancake ...

• Advertisement

They're selling our apartments. Supposedly they're selling them as a business so our tenancy should be unaffected but we've been asked to facilitate viewings. We've had two so far and they told us just this morning that there's going to be more tomorrow: less than 24 hours notice. I'm going to have to write them back and tell them in future we'll refuse access unless we get more notice than that. Thankfully the place is tidy enough but not even 24 hours notice just isn't acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I love this phone. So cheap so good. only thing i dont like is that i havent figured out how to put on predictive text yet.

And my manager is letting me leave early for my interview too. Hurray!

Anf i finished early too double hurray!!

What model huawei did you get? I so want to get the new Samsung but no way I could get it on my tiny budget! I was hoping for my dads old S3 when he upgrades but that's not until Christmas! :( good luck with interview!! :)

So nice to be on Easter break from college, have plenty of assignments and studying to do though. Trying to make the most of this time with the wee lady and friends before Im working for the Summer. Only one week of lectures left in this semester! :O

Das I hope Rory settles in to creche soon. Seeing it from the other side, 95% of the time they get used to the staff and routine quickly enough and have great fun with their little pals. E will be starting preschool in September, will be so wierd seeing her go out to school every morning rather than being minded at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Morning loungers :)

I'm having yet another study day today. Sweatpants and coffee for all!

I only managed three hours sleep. My eyes are salty and I'm generally meh but I'm determined to get out and cycle (and cycle for longer than before.) I've not done a thing for a week so I'd better get back onto it.

Also, someone stop me from smoking please. It's too expensive and I've heard it's not very healthy.

I'm full of noodles, delicious noodles.

Place beside boojum, you all need to go there

Question: was this the place on the Quays side of Boojum or on the Jervis side of Boojum??

Had a look last night and they're both kinda noodley....

• Advertisement

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Morning loungers :)

I'm having yet another study day today. Sweatpants and coffee for all!

Good morning.

I'm having a lazy day so sweatpants and donuts for all.

Beat that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

Hurt my neck and can't move :( So much pain. And have a 10 hour flight tomorrow, this does not bode well. I may have to self medicate with some wine!!

ellie_sun wrote: »
    Hurt my neck and can't move :( So much pain. And have a 10 hour flight tomorrow, this does not bode well. I may have to self medicate with some wine!!

If you can't move it I think it might be best to go to your GP.

Can you move your neck from side to side ?

Good morning.

I'm having a lazy day so sweatpants and donuts for all.

Beat that :p

Sweatpants are engaged and a Lidl donut sounds amazing. I feel I totally deserve it after doing the longest cycle I've done so far. The donut just needs me to find the energy to walk across town and do my shopping. Probably not going to happen seeing as I have enough food for dinner in the freezer and I'm wrecked.

My cycle was fantastic though. Despite a fairly strong wind the sun shone the whole way through and I got on a nice flat stretch of road where it felt me and the bike were in harmony. I'm going to have to keep it up, not smoking didn't work out but I'm determined not to have a drink for a week or two. I'll have to drag my friends to pubs that serve coffee and then I'll reward myself with the fancy bottle of cider my parents brought back from France in a week.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Sweatpants are engaged and a Lidl donut sounds amazing. I feel I totally deserve it after doing the longest cycle I've done so far. The donut just needs me to find the energy to walk across town and do my shopping. Probably not going to happen seeing as I have enough food for dinner in the freezer and I'm wrecked.

My cycle was fantastic though. Despite a fairly strong wind the sun shone the whole way through and I got on a nice flat stretch of road where it felt me and the bike were in harmony. I'm going to have to keep it up, not smoking didn't work out but I'm determined not to have a drink for a week or two. I'll have to drag my friends to pubs that serve coffee and then I'll reward myself with the fancy bottle of cider my parents brought back from France in a week.

You should pick one up tomorrow as a reward for yourself after your cycle :) No harm in indulging in some treats for yourself from time to time. I can't decide witch I prefer more the jam ones or the ring ones. Such a dilemma haha. What would you go with ?

I have not cycled in years. Unless you count the gym bikes as cycling which I doubt you would :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have not cycled in years. Unless you count the gym bikes as cycling which I doubt you would :)

Spin bikes aren't too bad, but the upright and recumbent ones in my gym are awful!

Proper outdoor cycling is lots of fun though, particularly on sunny days like this. :cool:

Spin bikes aren't too bad, but the upright and recumbent ones in my gym are awful!

Proper outdoor cycling is lots of fun though, particularly on sunny days like this. :cool:

No please don't mention them I'm already feeling the aching in my thighs and in my calfs :) lol

I must go and look up and see what bikes are out there. Do you know any good websites or stores that are good to browse or shop in for bikes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you're in Dublin - try Wheelworx, Cycle Superstore, Staggs out in Lucan, Cycleways, Hollingsworth...

Online? Wiggle, Evans Cycles, Chain Reaction Cycles, Cycle Surgery, Ribble, SwimCycleRun...

I went for a Pot Noodle and a couple of biscuits instead of the donut. I don't think I'll be getting a Pot Noodle again, too many calories for not enough sustenance. I think the Koka Noodle pots are better, but I'll probably stock up on the 20 cents Tesco noodles over the next few days.

And rainbow kirby is right, with nice weather outdoor cycling is a joy.

Edit: And I have the same dilemma with jam and plain donuts. Both sound so good. If I had my way I'd eat both, jam then plain. But then I'd have to go back and see if the jam was better again after the plain one, then again, and again, and again... Then I'd never lose weight. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

No please don't mention them I'm already feeling the aching in my thighs and in my calfs :) lol

I must go and look up and see what bikes are out there. Do you know any good websites or stores that are good to browse or shop in for bikes ?

Avoid Halfords. They care about the sale, not getting a bike to suit the person.

Any local bike shop worth their salt will sell you a good bike. The most important factor I suppose is what kind of bike - road / hybrid / mountain. Then size (frame and wheels), gears, pedals etc. it's an art and a science!

I'm gonna dig out my bike this weekend and do it up. i.e. Inflate the tyres and give it a wash and oil the chain. And I'm gonna take her for a spin! I currently drive to the gym so I could cycle instead. And I currently get the bus to work but I will look into cycling in the future. Only problem is that my journey to work is all downhill and the journey home is all uphill. I don't think I could face an uphill struggle after a long day.

But now that I've lost some weight I should find the bike easier. Hopefully anyway!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement