Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sullivlo wrote: »
    Avoid Halfords. They care about the sale, not getting a bike to suit the person.
    Crap quality too, some of the reviews that Bikeradar did of their Apollo bikes are a bit scary :eek:

Got my Trek WSD road bike two and a half years ago on the Bike to Work at Wheelworx, still very happy with it. Will be teaching myself the black art of clipping in over the next while, have new pedals and shoes and I just need to wait for my OH to get his new bike (and stop using mine) so I can fit the pedals. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Crap quality too, some of the reviews that Bikeradar did of their Apollo bikes are a bit scary :eek:

Got my Trek WSD road bike two and a half years ago on the Bike to Work at Wheelworx, still very happy with it. Will be teaching myself the black art of clipping in over the next while, have new pedals and shoes and I just need to wait for my OH to get his new bike (and stop using mine) so I can fit the pedals. :eek:

I used to know all of the specs of my bike. Now I forget. All I remember is that it's a hybrid and it's green :)

I used to love leisurely cycles in the countryside when I lived there. Not loving leisurely cycles in the city though!!!

My graham norton red chair moment involves me cycling. I'm in a rush at the minute so can't type with the intent the story deserves. But will try remember later to post it up.

Not loving leisurely cycles in the city though!!!
    That's pretty much about the worst thing about living where I do - it's either a case of accepting heavy traffic 24/7, doing 5km laps of a park about 5km away from where I live (the most common solution), a 40 minute train journey to a bigger park that's absolutely great for cycling, or else loading the bike into the back of the van and driving out an hour into the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Just downloaded POF app again... Let's see how long it lasts before they all annoy the jaysis out of me again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've a consultation tomorrow morning about getting my wisdom teeth out. Do not want :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ok so having a bit of a freakout right now.

I actually cant handle doing this interview, at all.

I need a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

My dad has finally got a bit of work again and has been getting paid by cheque so I've been going to the bank to cash them the day I'm off from college as my mum wouldn't have time to as she works late (minding three kids from 8 in the morning until 6 at night) and it's amazing to see for the amount of work he does working from 7 in the morning to 6 and sometimes 7 in the evening, hard, physical labour, and how little really he gets paid for the work. I know he works for his sanity more than anything (he's nearly 71 years of age), but he also does it to keep us going. I really do admire his ability to keep going and his hard work. The man has been working since he's 16 and he has not stopped! Sometimes I think nothing would stop him working but death. My mum works hard too and doesn't get enough for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got myself a pretty Giant hybrid bike before Christmas. I used it for cycling to placement but it hasn't gotten much so far yet this year since college is too far to cycle. The odd spin to the park with the little lady on the back is about it, I must get back to it after the exams.

The ass pain when you're not used to a saddle though :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got myself a pretty Giant hybrid bike before Christmas. I used it for cycling to placement but it hasn't gotten much so far yet this year since college is too far to cycle. The odd spin to the park with the little lady on the back is about it, I must get back to it after the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Good luck herisson! A bit of nerves is good I think, if you were complacent going in they'd hardly want to hire you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Lola92 wrote: »

Get padded cycling shorts, they really do help (there's still a bit of bum pain at first though.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm in that "everyone needs to f**k off and leave me the f**k alone" mood. My father is doing his level best to irritate me since I got home from work and I'm sick to the teeth of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

So I got a call this evening from my favorite team. Well the team store from California.
    Still it was pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

If you can't move it I think it might be best to go to your GP.

Can you move your neck from side to side ?

Possibly a bit dramatic, I should have said it hurts to move. Feeling a bit better after an evening of hot water bottles, baths and deep heat.

My dad has finally got a bit of work again and has been getting paid by cheque so I've been going to the bank to cash them the day I'm off from college as my mum wouldn't have time to as she works late (minding three kids from 8 in the morning until 6 at night) and it's amazing to see for the amount of work he does working from 7 in the morning to 6 and sometimes 7 in the evening, hard, physical labour, and how little really he gets paid for the work. I know he works for his sanity more than anything (he's nearly 71 years of age), but he also does it to keep us going. I really do admire his ability to keep going and his hard work. The man has been working since he's 16 and he has not stopped! Sometimes I think nothing would stop him working but death. My mum works hard too and doesn't get enough for it!

I feel the same about my mum! My dad is a pain in the a&& though. But my mum hasn't been paid her worth since she gave up her career to raise us. And yet, she keeps going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Had a dream that I volunteered to have another baby because there was no currently pregnant lounger!!! No more reading the pregnancy threads before bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Roesy wrote: »
    Had a dream that I volunteered to have another baby because there was no currently pregnant lounger!!! No more reading the pregnancy threads before bed!

Not it!

What a beautiful morning. Sitting in the sun having a coffee during a library break. Needed sun and caffeine so I wouldn't fall asleep at my desk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Nigs!

Today is so lovely, I just wish I had something more exciting to do with my day than college!

Finished a huge essay last night at like half twelve. Brain still fried.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Nigs!

Wha

Two hours extra in the bed this morning would have been nice. Am absolutely wrecked for no apparent reason despite actually having a good night's sleep last night...

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Wha

Just means the same as 'not it'. Must be a midlands thing!

I'm never drinking on a schoolnight again.

Im not going to wet myself duribg this interview.

Im not going to.

I might im too nervous.

3 and a half hours to wait.

Oh lawd.

All of the luck, herisson. ALL of it.

An hour and a half early.

Now to figure out where to go.

Best of luck herisson!

It's days like these that make me wish I had a pool in my back garden.

herisson wrote: »
    An hour and a half early.

Now to figure out where to go.

*crosses everything*

Good luck!!

Im here and waiting.

Im terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

herisson wrote: »
    Im here and waiting.

Im terrified.

Deep breaths, take your time and kick their ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Hope it all went well Herrison!! :) Promised myself a big slice of my mum's boiled fruit cake if I finish this book before dinner. I'm enjoying it actually, but just when you know you'll have to write an essay on it, it can kind of make getting the book read feel really like a chore. Love boiled fruit cake so much!!

• Advertisement

I think it went ok. Just on a bus home now.

Was in and out early, so I got drunk in the airport bar :pac:

"Why should we hire you?"
    "Because I'm amazing"

Followed by awkward giggles from everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Giggles cos they know it's true ;( Best of luck :)

Hope it all went well Herrison!! :) Promised myself a big slice of my mum's boiled fruit cake if I finish this book before dinner. I'm enjoying it actually, but just when you know you'll have to write an essay on it, it can kind of make getting the book read feel really like a chore. Love boiled fruit cake so much!!

I think it was the Sunday before the Junior Cert English exam. I was doing Julius Caesar that year. We had studied it and read it so many times in class I was sick to death of themes and imagery and all that. With the exam so soon I was fed up so I said feck studying and sat in the big comfy armchair in my parents' living room and just read the entire play. That was the first time I really appreciated the story for what it was, all because I was tired, annoyed and had given up on studying and was just reading it for the sake of reading it.

Best of luck Herisson. The "Why should we hire you?" question is supposedly always tough for Irish interviewees in the UK. Supposedly we have an entirely different attitude to the typical UK interviewee when it comes to promoting ourselves and bigging ourselves up. It might work in your favour as they'll remember you. :)

I find it a lot easier to analyse when I'm reading for the sake of it also
    Doing to kill a mockingbird in JC completely killed off any possible love I could have had for that book

bluewolf wrote: »
    Doing to kill a mockingbird in JC completely killed off any possible love I could have had for that book

That makes me sad. It's such a brilliant book. They should put shíte books on the syllabus instead so no good books are ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hehe

10151170_869835736363484_6784709597817611276_n.jpg

I'm in a parallel universe currently.

Send help.

;)

When I finish today I have five days off... Yes boiii!

In other news, my boss and I are wearing almost the exact same outfit. Well, mine came from Penneys and hers came from Reiss, but, y'know

I'm going to Dublin today, purely to meet my cousin for coffee. Just goes to show how accustomed I've become to this commuting lark :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The in-laws are on route to steal bubs. I have a voucher for an afternoon in the Escape spa, am out to dinner after that and have tickets to see Grease tonight. Can't wait but also a little sad that my little lady should be in the land of nod by the time I get home!

Can it hurry up and be 5pm? I want my long weekend...

North Wales and Liverpool for the weekend - can't wait! Sunday could be a bit awkward though, home tickets for Everton-Man U at Goodison...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm back at work.

Can you believe it?!

It's going grand, loving the banter with all the old buddies. It's like I never left at all, only I did.

Cousin completely forgot about our coffee date. Wasn't too impressed but I bought some fancy Burt's Bees hand cream instead. Silver linings and all that jazz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I can't save a few euro when my mother asks if I can buy the brother and his other half bus tickets to get home for easter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

cena wrote: »
    I can't save a few euro when my mother asks if I can buy the brother and his other half bus tickets to get home for easter

Well there's always the option of saying no ...

• Advertisement

I just did a 30km cycle, my longest ever. :D:D:D I feel both great and wrecked (and hungry.)

Having a great auld.

Danced to dont stop til you get enough all morning in work. Finished work early, got thesis work done, got ****faced in a beer garden.

Now im loading game of thrones and dancing away.

Great form altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My back is so sore from spending the day hunched over a laptop in the library. Something painful in my shoulder keeps cracking! :/

In other news, the law school threw us a final year bbq today. It was delicious, but I have seriously mixed emotions about leaving. I want to be out of college so badly, but at the same time I'm sad it's over.

I graduated yesterday. Loved the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I graduated yesterday. Loved the day.

Congratulations! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement