Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Thanks. It was a really nice day. Great weather, bit of relaxing, yummy din dins and not too much of a hangover today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Have a lully Easter break ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Well there's always the option of saying no ...

She makes you feel bad if you don't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

cena wrote: »
    She makes you feel bad if you don't do it.

Don't let her.

Don't let her.

He does the same.

He does the same.

Don't let him either.

It's your money, yeah? They can't expect you to pay for their bus fare, not unless they plan to pay you back fairly sharpish.

Don't let him either.

It's your money, yeah? They can't expect you to pay for their bus fare, not unless they plan to pay you back fairly sharpish.

Yeah it is my money.

His other half always comes down and he never buys or pays for anything.

Brother doesn't get paid till next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah it is my money.

His other half always comes down and he never buys or pays for anything.

Brother doesn't get paid till next week.

Tbh, that's his tough luck. If he wanted to come home he should have kept enough of his own money and not be scrounging off you.

Another person has blocked me on Facebook. I know cause I have two Facebook pages and they are still there.

I really don't understand why that side are been like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

1907953_686850438042702_5595936436454830057_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Aww man, I can't wait to work for the long weekend!

Said nobody, ever :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Ew there are those tiny, tiny little annoying flies flying around in my bedroom. CONVINCED I have an infestation! They're everywhere!:eek: My room is so clean usually! I don't know how many I've killed in the last half an hour, they just come out of nowhere! I will gather the next few I kill and keep them in plain sight to sign a message to the others!:mad: Or I shall capture a spider and set him lose in the room!:pac:

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Aww man, I can't wait to work for the long weekend!

Said nobody, ever :(
    That should be against the law! It's not right!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ew there are those tiny, tiny little annoying flies flying around in my bedroom. CONVINCED I have an infestation! They're everywhere!:eek: My room is so clean usually! I don't know how many I've killed in the last half an hour, they just come out of nowhere! I will gather the next few I kill and keep them in plain sight to sign a message to the others!:mad: Or I shall capture a spider and set him lose in the room!:pac:

They're divils for bananas and banana skins. If you find what they're on, and you get rid of it they'll be gone in an hour.

We had a load of them in the kitchen last summer (my dad's terrible for cutting a banana in half and leaving the uneaten half in the fruitbowl..) Got rid of most of them by leaving out a glass of orange juice with a little washing up liquid in it to break the surface tension. Not pretty, but effective.

We had a load of them in the kitchen last summer (my dad's terrible for cutting a banana in half and leaving the uneaten half in the fruitbowl..) Got rid of most of them by leaving out a glass of orange juice with a little washing up liquid in it to break the surface tension. Not pretty, but effective.

Until someone absentmindedly drinks it...

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Until someone absentmindedly drinks it...

Lucky I'm the only one in the house who drinks fruit juice!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    They're divils for bananas and banana skins. If you find what they're on, and you get rid of it they'll be gone in an hour.
    Thing is, I've no food or anything like that in my bedroom so I can't figure out what they're after!

That should be against the law! It's not right!

I know right?! And I can't see himself this weekend either!

Buuuut Mum bought six Easter eggs, for four of us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Buuuut Mum bought six Easter eggs, for four of us :D

Yum! El has gotten loads of Easter eggs, opportune moment to learn about sharing :P

Two of my college friends just left after coming down for the night, it was a bit of a wild one! I had a great time though, some shameful moments aside. Most of my college group are graduating this year, makes me feel sad! :(

And I won tickets for a gig of one of my favourite bands today, delighted with life, and a brilliant start to the long weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I did a twenty minute cycle out to Blackrock Castle with a friend. We took it real easy, no sweating, no raised heart rate, just chatting and easy pedalling in the sun. Out there we stopped and had coffee and a couple of brownies which were fecking amazing. On the way back a picnic was suggested for another day. I'm already looking forward to it.

Managed to get zero college work done this week! Ugh! The sun is distracting!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I did a twenty minute cycle out to Blackrock Castle with a friend. We took it real easy, no sweating, no raised heart rate, just chatting and easy pedalling in the sun. Out there we stopped and had coffee and a couple of brownies which were fecking amazing. On the way back a picnic was suggested for another day. I'm already looking forward to it.

Natural Bakery?? It's lovely by the castle in this kind of weather. Pre-baba we used run/cycle down that neck of the woods.

Went to see Grease in the Opera House last night. Hadn't seen it in years. It was really good but I'd forgotten what a terrible, terrible message it gives....girl and boy meet, fall for each other, boys acts like a pig in front of his buddies, girl changes everything about herself for him, guy and girl get together :pac:

Roesy wrote: »
    Natural Bakery?? It's lovely by the castle in this kind of weather. Pre-baba we used run/cycle down that neck of the woods.

Yeah, that's the one. We originally went up to Blackrock Castle (up the hill from the Marina way.) They were closed to do renovations but they pointed us back down to the village and told us about the Natural Bakery spot. To be honest I hadn't noticed it before but I'm glad they sent us back, I'm not sure if the Castle would have had cake as good. :P

I've eaten in the Natural Bakery on Paul St. a few times, I had a lovely coffee cake there before, and they're really reasonably priced.

I'm pretty pleased I've found a cycling buddy. Her bike is slow and heavy so we'll be sticking to leisure cycles for picnics and lunches but the cycling makes the food so much better.

I was at the Leinster match last night & met a few of the players, including my sporting hero Brian O'Driscoll. Total starstruck moment.

Anyway. Proper #FirstWorldProblem over here. I also graduated this week. So it took me a long time to decide which photo to put up as my profiler.

BOD won. I can't explain how much I love him.

• Advertisement

To go out or not to go out, that is the question.

(I want to but I'm broke!)

To go out or not to go out, that is the question.

(I want to but I'm broke!)

Go out! I'm broke too so one of us might as well! I've also given up booze for a few weeks to see if I can kickstart weight loss again, especially as I'm doing more exercise. I was eating less but I think the lakes of beer I was consuming really hindered any progress. My parents brought me back a big bottle of cider from their holidays in France a few weeks ago so I'll have that as a reward in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Happy easter, ladies!

Happy chocolate-shaped-like-eggs day!

I have a big Lindt egg looking at me from across the room. It won't be long now, eggy, not long at all.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

happy Chocolate day everyone!

My mam got me little kinder eggs, that she will eat and ill keep the toys :pac:

Its been a tradition since i was a kid because im not a great fan of chocolate.

I really wanna go to Fota Wildlife park!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Well I am having a really crappy weekend..

My Mother, brother, brother's girlfriend and my dog called up yesterday for the night. My boyfriend is gone to his Grandparents so it was just me and my family.

My brother and his girlfriend were going to a gig. They were pre-drinking in my house while my Mother and I went for dinner. All lovely at this stage! Went home and my brother and his girlfriend were plastered. And being really loud and fighting. Finally they left to go for the gig and started bashing the gate outside and making loads of noise. Then they left. Few minutes later one of the neighbourhood watch guys came to my house and freaked at me because my brother woke him up and peed on his house. He said he's reporting it to the landlady, I hope he doesn't. So I rang my brother and gave out, he didn't care. Mom did the same, he didn't care.

Then they couldn't get into the gig because they were too drunk. So came back back here at 12.30ish. I had to go out and leave them in the gate and my brother was peeing AGAIN on yer mans house. I flipped! Then they kept me and my Mother up all night fighting.

This morning my Brother ate loads of my boyfriends food while I was bringing the dog for a walk. Then I decided to go for a look around town with my Mom and the brothers girlfriend, no shops open! Didn't think everywhere closed on Easter Sunday.

Then I got home, was playing with the dog outside, dropped my iPhone and totally smashed the screen. Which I only bought a few months ago :(

They are all gone home now. Phew! Also due my period in a day or two so serious PMS mode on top of this..

Yay Easter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Why is it I seem to attract bullies? I am a magnet for them.

The latest being a relative of my boyfriends, his girlfriend telling him to "drag me out of the bed, calling me four eyes because I wear glasses (even though she herself wears them) and the pair of them calling me "it"........

All because I dared to tell him my boyfriend was in bed asleep just so he would stop calling him to put the bins out, so he wouldn't have to do it, which he ended up doing anyway as my boyfriend wasn't getting out of bed at midnight to do it.

:(:(:(

I'm hosting a quiz in the King's Head tonight if any Galway people want to wander in. I took it over from my friend whose mum passed away a couple of days ago. I would rather be doing anything else, tbh!

Funeral to travel to this morning first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My poor bub is not well :( Is it wrong that I want to skip my green juice and poached egg and have STRONG coffee and dark chocolate and mint green and blacks Easter egg for breakfast. It's still egg, right???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I want to kill my neighbours. SHUT UP, YOU IDIOTS!

People know it's possible to go to the gym without involving Facebook, right?

^^ Sure if they don't check in at the gym on FB, the whole workout is a waste. Duh :P

A girl I used to know from my old course just sent me a lovely message about my blog. It's nice to know that at least one person is enjoying it :)

^^ Sure if they don't check in at the gym on FB, the whole workout is a waste. Duh :P

A girl I used to know from my old course just sent me a lovely message about my blog. It's nice to know that at least one person is enjoying it :)

A girl I was in college with just posted about a) how much she can lift and b) how much she weighs. She's very proud of weighing not very much. She also allocates value to other people based on their looks/weight.

Yeah, unfollow...

A girl I was in college with just posted about a) how much she can lift and b) how much she weighs. She's very proud of weighing not very much. She also allocates value to other people based on their looks/weight.

Yeah, unfollow...

She sounds like a doll :rolleyes:

She sounds like a doll :rolleyes:

She's a good benchmark for everything I don't want to be in life!

• Advertisement

I get excited about how much I can lift :o

bluewolf wrote: »
    I get excited about how much I can lift :o

Ah yeah and I totes get that!

But this wan is on another level of waggonry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I absolutely love the haribo that has the adults with the kids voices, makes me laugh/smile every time!

Edit: omg apparently I get super vain when I drink...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Absolutely awesome weekend of my mom doing most of the night shift with E, however he's thrown up all over himself twice and required another change of jammies on top, in nine hours. Shock to the system dealing with it all myself again!

Went jeans shopping today. Not a fun task after the lovely maternity jeans. They should either keep that vanity sizing forever on all jeans, or not at all, because its a horrible crashing back to earth feeling after it!

Ah no. Moyes is gone :( poor man deserved a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Speaking as a Man U fan, I'm relieved tbh. The respect was gone and he really didn't know what his best team was.

I hope things start to look up for United soon, for my boyfriend's sake! I do feel sorry for Moyes though.

Today is my last class before the exams \o/

Speaking as a Man U fan, I'm relieved tbh. The respect was gone and he really didn't know what his best team was.
    I'm a Man U fan too but I still think he should have been given the season. He inherited a dying team - it's not a coincidence that Fergie went when he did. Compare Fergies start with Moyes' start and he was just as bad. It's a shame :(

Hopefully the next manager can spend well over the summer and we can get back in the CL next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ryan Giggs in charge in the interim (until the end of the season?) - will be interesting to see how that goes. Squad probably needs about £200m worth of new players, and then probably most of next season for them to gel, and whether the best managers will go to a side that won't be in Europe next year...

Football just isn't the same game in 2014 as it was in 1986 though - far more of an expectation of instant results and when clubs are answerable to shareholders the hire-and-fire mentality comes into it a lot more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement