Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sure! Typhoid bluey.
    Made me think of this: http://www.retronaut.com/2013/09/woman-aged-23-cholera/

Bluey before and after her flu!

lol
    im sexy and i know it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I'm finished college. Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

In a fancy hotel for a work thing.

Robes and slippers and EVERYTHING.

In a fancy hotel for a work thing.

Robes and slippers and EVERYTHING.

If you would like to purchase this robe, the charge of 100 euro will be applied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could someone please make it 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Miaireland wrote: »
    Could someone please make it 6pm.

This in a nutshell, even though I'm off at 5. I'm hitting the Friday Wall hard.

bluewolf wrote: »
    If you would like to purchase this robe, the charge of 100 euro will be applied

I like it but not a hundred yoyos much.

Must get a big fluffy towelling robe for myself... They never seem to be in the shops though. Only stupid man-made fleece ones. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Amazon might be worth a look for fluffy robes, although everytime I order from them, something will go wrong.

Halfway through this genocide essay. When I finish, I get to celebrate by watching the Late Late Show and going to bed early before work at 8am tomorrow \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Jays, you'd never guess that it's Friday in here. :D

waiting to hear about my neeeeeeeew car.

Whatcha getting Das?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I was aiming to have 1500 words written by now. I have 60. This could be an issue...

I like it but not a hundred yoyos much.

Must get a big fluffy towelling robe for myself... They never seem to be in the shops though. Only stupid man-made fleece ones. Any ideas?

I think it's a big evil conspiracy with the hotels and the shops

I wasn't going to post this on here but I can't get anyone to talk to me on the phone so I have nowhere else to go..

The Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova had just died of Parotid Gland cancer, the same one that I had 7 years ago. He was 45.

I'm in tears here freaking out over it. I have heard of two people who have ever had cancer in the Parotid. They have both died. I shouldn't be freaking out after being clear for so long but there you have it. I am also extremely selfish for acting like this when a man had just died. I just don't know how to feel or what to do.

RIP Tito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I'm in tears here freaking out over it. I have heard of two people who have ever had cancer in the Parotid. They have both died. I shouldn't be freaking out after being clear for so long but there you have it. I am also extremely selfish for acting like this when a man had just died. I just don't know how to feel or what to do.

You're not in the slightest bit selfish MCR! Seems like a pretty normal reaction actually. It's bound to hit your hard when it's something you've had yourself. *hugs*

Oh MCR, I would consider that to be the most natural reaction in the world. Go with it and get it out if your system but don't let it swamp you. Big hug xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I really hate when I tell people I travel in to college everyday and they always come out with 'Oh I could never do that!' or 'How do you do that?' 'Are you going to do that for the FOUR years!?' Uhm, yes because I can't afford to live on campus so I have to live at home!! What really gets me is some of them going to college are from where I'm from or actually live in the county they are attending college yet they just couldn't imagine going in everyday like it's a form of torture.

Jesus, it's an hour on the bus, not a trek to Kilimanjaro! It just really irritates me. When it came to picking college it was never a case of 'Where would you like to go?' it was 'You're going here because you'll have to travel in'. I know people are in worse situations then me, but it just really annoys me when people come out with that tripe. Sorry for the rant and I know it sounds nasty but it just really irritates me when people response it it like that!:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Roesy wrote: »
    Whatcha getting Das?

I got a 2011 Mondeo. It's quite lovely.

I think it's very understandable MCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

MCR the fact that you even think that you are being selfish thinking like that speaks volumes. Of course it's going to hit you hard. You are probably thinking, there for the grace of god. You've been through so much. Even now. Don't be so hard on yourself. Huge hugs xxxx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Diesel?

• Advertisement

So I'm at this work thing, the serious drinking has started, I've no interest is getting hammered seeing as it's work and I'm only six weeks in the door... and I hardly know anyone anyway. It's after midnight, I can bail out, right?

So I'm at this work thing, the serious drinking has started, I've no interest is getting hammered seeing as it's work and I'm only six weeks in the door... and I hardly know anyone anyway. It's after midnight, I can bail out, right?

Hell yes!

VROOM VROOM

Aaaand I'm safely back in my room. Thanks WN!!

Blue. As I was scrolling up the page, I managed to click into your profile page (or whatever it's called). Mudderagad you've some amount of posts clocked up!

• Advertisement

:o
    afk closing account :pac:

Noooo.....

:o
    afk closing account :pac:

I'm hoping that this is a joke!!!

Thanks for the comments earlier guys. Ended up shaking myself up a bit but I've calmed down though still a little upset.

Decided to distract myself by cleaning my room and the kitchen. Kitchen was a mess! Everyone went home for the week off (I both left and came back earlier) and left mouldy tea cups and dirty plates and an overfilling bin bag behind them. I was not best impressed but it's all clean now!

My parents would drop dead if they saw me do so much cleaning!

My 5.5 month old spent yesterday alternating between growling like a dog or doing a rolling r sound. We were walking around Next and she was really loud, I was in fits of giggles, she was in her buggy beaming away at people while growling away and getting louder every time I looked away. You could hear her all over the the shop. When I got to the counter the lady serving said 'I was wondering what that noise was!!'

MCR, it's more than understandable that you'd feel like that. Glad your head is a bit clearer after the cleaning. Always helps me too.

Nice! Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Rosey that is super cute! :)

MCR, hope you are okay today, hearing something like that is bound to hit hard. X

We're having a family party tonight for my little sister, she is 18! She got a place on her dream course last week which is non-CAO and not dependant on her LC results. She is over the moon. So proud of her coming this far after a tough time last year. It makes me feel old, wierd to think she will be In college in a few months.

In very silly humour this morning!

Found these very funny.

http://www.tickld.com/x/25-signs-made-funnier-by-people-number-7-is-priceless

Especially this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm going on hiatus for a while.

Realised how much I don't know for my exams, actually ****ed for them.

And today I've already smacked my face off a door, book shelf and a desk, burned myself and fell off a chair. :/

Nice! Well wear.
    That's the one I was trying to say

Found these very funny.
    BACK AWAY HUMAN NOTHING TO SEE HERE

https://i.imgur.com/Yq1tZkW.jpg
    herisson wrote: »

And today I've already smacked my face off a door, book shelf and a desk, burned myself and fell off a chair. :/

I bet you'll be awesome. Don't smack your face off things though, that won't help.

Found these very funny.

Especially this one!
    I'm finding this hilarious this week:

I bet you'll be awesome. Don't smack your face off things though, that won't help.

What Blue said. Have at 'em

Today will mainly be spent sorting out the disaster that is my room. I think I've taken on more than I can chew :pac:

I'm finding this hilarious this week

All the lolz!

Good luck!

All the lolz!
    If it bleeds we can keeeelllll it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

So due to illness type thing my boss has to take some time off. She'll be alright but for the next 4-6ish weeks I'll be the go-to person for some of the people in work.

This scares me.

Also, I've been given permission to spend all the monies.

The milky bars are on me.

Loungers, I'm not looking for medical advice but I have a chesty cough and a chesty cold and sinus type thing. I was at my doctors two weeks ago and she said it was viral. (I didn't go with a cold, I was there for something else). Anyway been sudafed/otrivine/nasal cleansing/exputexing/echinaceaing since and it's not improving at all. I normally would sit it out but I'm going away next weekend so I'd like to be better for that but I'd feel like a hypochondriac going to the doctor for a cold.

sullivlo wrote: »
    So due to illness type thing my boss has to take some time off. She'll be alright but for the next 4-6ish weeks I'll be the go-to person for some of the people in work.

This scares me.

Also, I've been given permission to spend all the monies.

The milky bars are on me.

Loungers, I'm not looking for medical advice but I have a chesty cough and a chesty cold and sinus type thing. I was at my doctors two weeks ago and she said it was viral. (I didn't go with a cold, I was there for something else). Anyway been sudafed/otrivine/nasal cleansing/exputexing/echinaceaing since and it's not improving at all. I normally would sit it out but I'm going away next weekend so I'd like to be better for that but I'd feel like a hypochondriac going to the doctor for a cold.
    Go back to the doctor if it's been two weeks and it's not gone away. It might have been viral but you can get secondary bacterial infections too. Colds don't usually last two weeks!

Have you steamed with salt? I think mine is going into my chest but I have to say the steaming is helping. Mum got me to put some lavender essential oil into the steam as well I think it's supposed to help
    Now I only mean try it for a couple days then go back to doc on monday if nothing changes. That'll give you time to get antibios if it is bacterial and get over them knocking you out, in time for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Go back to the doctor if it's been two weeks and it's not gone away. It might have been viral but you can get secondary bacterial infections too. Colds don't usually last two weeks!

+1, I had something very similar for the entire Christmas. Initially they thought it was viral but after two weeks I still felt awful and needed strong antibiotics to get rid of it.

Have you steamed with salt? I think mine is going into my chest but I have to say the steaming is helping. Mum got me to put some lavender essential oil into the steam as well I think it's supposed to help
    Now I only mean try it for a couple days then go back to doc on monday if nothing changes. That'll give you time to get antibios if it is bacterial and get over them knocking you out, in time for the weekend

I steamed with peppermint and eucalyptus. My office mates hate me :)

Will continue to steam and can ring on Monday if I'm no better. Ordinarily I'd let it run it's course but I'm also asthmatic so that's kinda a factor :/ will rest and steam and see how I get on!

sullivlo wrote: »
    I steamed with peppermint and eucalyptus. My office mates hate me :)

Will continue to steam and can ring on Monday if I'm no better. Ordinarily I'd let it run it's course but I'm also asthmatic so that's kinda a factor :/ will rest and steam and see how I get on!

Throw salt in as well

Throw salt in as well

Sea salt or table salt?

Either should be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Good luck!
    Today will mainly be spent sorting out the disaster that is my room. I think I've taken on more than I can chew :pac:

I did this, instead of studying. You know the procrastination is bad when you organise your kids LEGO into the box by colour :/

• Advertisement

I must start watching Revenge again then I'll feel inspired to dress up and look pretty too :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement