Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

F*** these exams.

I am so stressed out its not funny.

I can't wait until Friday and I will be free as a bird.

Booked flights home for a week in June though, hurrah!

misslt wrote: »
    F*** these exams.

I am so stressed out its not funny.

I can't wait until Friday and I will be free as a bird.

Booked flights home for a week in June though, hurrah!

You can do it! pew pew pew!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

First week at work done and dusted - four more to go until we're on holidays again!

Have been getting these weird headaches, taking something for them but never gets fully rid of them and I end up feeling kinda out of it, one every 2/3 days so far since Good Friday. Had one today, so have ended up in bed reading one of Patricia Cornwalls books, was jjust getting to a good bit and my ipad, silent for 90 minutes goes off with a notification from the Sims game, zo zo - I jumped off the bed, timing was just perfect, just as the body was found and another person picking up the gun - are you going to shoot the person who found the body situation, and it goes off. Just hoping its the weather that is causing these headaches

Pizza and marking papers for the night - giving my year 11 students 40/60 questions to do over halfterm was a great idea, until it comes to marking them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

bluewolf wrote: »
    You can do it! pew pew pew!

I hope so!

CT3 is a b*tch. Bleugh.

I has wine though and I was bold and ordered Chinese.

misslt wrote: »
    I hope so!

CT3 is a b*tch. Bleugh.

I has wine though and I was bold and ordered Chinese.

I know!! It took me so many goes!
    And everyone's like oh what is it
    It's basic stats. Basic. BASIC
    And it's still a bitch of an exam to pass :D

I know you can totally do it though. Remember to keep telling them correlation != causation, be grand :cool::D

One of the lads is doing ct4 on monday I think it is, again. I'll never forget the alien zombie sacrifice question on the one I passed ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pizza and marking papers for the night - giving my year 11 students 40/60 questions to do over halfterm was a great idea, until it comes to marking them!

Oh you're one of THOSE kind of teachers! :mad:

:D I kid, I kid!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh you're one of THOSE kind of teachers! :mad:

:D I kid, I kid!

haha, at least its not glasses of wine with the marking of the papers, that would be more fun I reckon. Marking the homework is grand, since its all exam paper questions, its marking the books I hate, first round of it next week!

Must go for pizza soon after Casualty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

haha, at least its not glasses of wine with the marking of the papers, that would be more fun I reckon. Marking the homework is grand, since its all exam paper questions, its marking the books I hate, first round of it next week!

Must go for pizza soon after Casualty

Is casualty still going? I used to love that show. Staple of any Saturday night in the sullivlo household.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Love Casualty. My dad records it and saves up the episodes for whenever I'm home and we watch them together. We still stiffens half the episodes picking out the errors though!

Love Casualty. My dad records it and saves up the episodes for whenever I'm home and we watch them together. We still stiffens half the episodes picking out the errors though!

I watch holby city. Same hospital, yeah?!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »

Yup. They have a new character that's crossed over lately actually. Hoby is based in the wards while Casualty is in the Emergency dept only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just home from watching my hubby perform at the Civic Theatre, feeling so proud! I had to come home to study early tomorrow so also feeling sad that I'm not celebrating with him :(

Is casualty still going? I used to love that show. Staple of any Saturday night in the sullivlo household.

Yep!

Yeah, Connie Beauchamp from Holby (one of my favourite characters!!!) is now in Casualty :D:D:D

Holby is AAU and Cardiothoraic ward, Casualty is the ER Dept. Watching the latest episodes of Glee, got outed as a Glee watcher at work by one staff member, keeping it quiet enough though!

Yep!

Yeah, Connie Beauchamp from Holby (one of my favourite characters!!!) is now in Casualty :D:D:D

Holby is AAU and Cardiothoraic ward, Casualty is the ER Dept. Watching the latest episodes of Glee, got outed as a Glee watcher at work by one staff member, keeping it quiet enough though!

Connie is certainly going to be interesting! I'm not liking her at all so far (though I am a couple of episodes behind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

My first exam is in 24 hours and it is safe to say that I am FREAKING OUT. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My exams start Tuesday week and I haven't looked at anything yet. This will be.... interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm sooo boooored.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'm sooo boooored.

Me too. I wanted so badly to run or cycle today but I couldn't justify it. I'm admitting defeat and first thing tomorrow I'll ring the doctor. This whole "not breathing" thing is getting ridiculous.

I'm trying to decide on a new phone to get. I'm thinking of going on bill pay so it's between the S5 and the M8. I love the design of the M8 and it's €100 cheaper on the same plan but the camera is only 4 megapixels, my current phone is 8mp and the S5 is 16mp. The M8 is 5 inches and the S5 is 5.1. (They should limit phone sizes to 4.5 in my opinion!)

Ugh, decisions!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'm trying to decide on a new phone to get. I'm thinking of going on bill pay so it's between the S5 and the M8. I love the design of the M8 and it's €100 cheaper on the same plan but the camera is only 4 megapixels, my current phone is 8mp and the S5 is 16mp. The M8 is 5 inches and the S5 is 5.1. (They should limit phone sizes to 4.5 in my opinion!)

Ugh, decisions!!
    Mother just got the s5 for free as an upgrade. Nice looking phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I can't help but think it's way too big though, and I have the same stumbling block with the S4. Whatever I get needs to be comfortable for running with, and the S2 that I have is on the borderline there size-wise.

Ugh, decisions!!

I've got the S3, and I abuse it and use it like there is no tomorrow, and its pretty much fine. You get used to the size very quickly! Depends on what you want the phone to be able to do besides basic texts and calls

cena wrote: »
    Mother just got the s5 for free as an upgrade. Nice looking phone

The screen is supposed to be great. I'm not a fan of the actual design.
    I can't help but think it's way too big though, and I have the same stumbling block with the S4. Whatever I get needs to be comfortable for running with, and the S2 that I have is on the borderline there size-wise.

Yeah they are massive now. I mean, my phone is a 3.3 inch screen! Not great if you don't have 20:20 vision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I've got the S3, and I abuse it and use it like there is no tomorrow, and its pretty much fine. You get used to the size very quickly! Depends on what you want the phone to be able to do besides basic texts and calls

She had the s3. Marbars. If you want an s3 she may sell it

Thanks but no thanks cena. :)
    Half the fun is buying something brand new and peeling off that little cover on the screen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Half the fun is buying something brand new and peeling off that little cover on the screen! :pac:

I love that too!

My dad got a new phone a few months ago. WEEKS later I noticed the screen cover was still on. "Are you going to leave this screen cover on forever?" says I. "What screen cover?" says he. "..." says I. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I love that too!

My dad got a new phone a few months ago. WEEKS later I noticed the screen cover was still on. "Are you going to leave this screen cover on forever?" says I. "What screen cover?" says he. "..." says I. :confused:

I just inherited my mother's two year old phone as she upgraded. I just peeled that screen cover off yesterday. :confused:

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I just inherited my mother's two year old phone as she upgraded. I just peeled that screen cover off yesterday. :confused:

People be strange.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

trying to write a children's story.

jaysus, tis hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

One of my friends keeps patting me on the head. She's probably not even thinking when she does it but it makes me feel even smaller than I am.

I don't know if I'm more pissed off or hurt.

:( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Had all weekend to get started on the last two essays due in college before the exams and what do I do? Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

One of my friends keeps patting me on the head. She's probably not even thinking when she does it but it makes me feel even smaller than I am.

I don't know if I'm more pissed off or hurt.

:( :mad:
    Had when people/friends refer to me as bring 'cute' too because I'm so small! I don't want to be cute, I'm a grown woman! That's happened to me before too, really does annoy me too! It's funny because half the time I forget just how small I am until someone points it out or I'm standing next to a really tall person! :P Oh, to be a normal height!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

It's too early for exams... and so it begins!

Best of luck to all loungers who are doing exams! It'll be worth it in the end xxx

It's too early for exams... and so it begins!

... This week is study week though, right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Bestest of luck to all the loungers with assignments and exams starting or looming!

I met a lovely fun boy on Saturday night and he's still here now :D

Bestest of luck to all the loungers with assignments and exams starting or looming!

*high fives*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Haha good woman imnd!!

Dear Diary, Jackpot

Giggity giggity

Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Lol you guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Loads of core work in the gym yesterday. I hurt EVERYWHERE today. :eek:

I should do core work

Sitting here giggling at this, caption "too fabulous for you"
    ik9RqEB.gif

I'll be starting back core work soon. I've a weekend of rugby ahead which will be painful, and then whenever I'm back on my feet I'll go to some core classes. I'm happy with my fitness progression.

I'm seeing the doctor today though about my chest / nose / sinus / ears / etc. No amount of steaming was helping :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

G'wan IWMD!! :D

Last week in college before final year. FINAL YEAR. I am so not prepared for this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Best of luck to everyone who is doing exams!

BmE6ukRCQAA75yA.jpg:large

You can all call me Pecky McKrillington from now on...

Pecky Waddlebottom, at your service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Beaky McFlappyfeet!

*waits for Lucy to notice penguins*

Fuzzbutt Von Squawksalot!

Lol. Fuzzbutt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Fishface Mc Snowballs....lovely!

• Advertisement