Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

A seagull stole some guys roll on Grafton st today! :pac:

We all laughed. :( Poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'd laugh too. Until it was my roll. Then I'd probably cry. Never liked seagulls.

@cena - what tablet is it? A lot of phones / tablets now use the same chargers. E.g. samsung galaxy uses the same charger as a huawei phone and a kindle. May be no harm in trying a few other tech chargers around your house if you have any lying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've put tan on my legs and they look like I've been walking through sludge. It better fade after a shower :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'd laugh too. Until it was my roll. Then I'd probably cry. Never liked seagulls.

@cena - what tablet is it? A lot of phones / tablets now use the same chargers. E.g. samsung galaxy uses the same charger as a huawei phone and a kindle. May be no harm in trying a few other tech chargers around your house if you have any lying around.

Nexus 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

cena wrote: »
    Nexus 7.
    Samsung and HTC Chargers fit that tablet.

My boyfriend has one and is always using those chargers for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Good luck with the chat sull, sounds like a good thing anyway.

I had an interview, don't feel it went well. But to be honest, I've no idea. Everyone's saying it sounds like it could have gone well. Just a waiting game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

How so Joe wrote: »
    Wha? How'd you manage that? It's not out til the 26th!??

It's my sister's favourite book, she's quite excited about it coming out.

I streamed it online.
    It was lovely. Geoffrey rush is one of ny favourite actors by a long shot!!

Getting a new baby niece tomorrow! Can't wait to meet her and smell all that newbornness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Samsung and HTC Chargers fit that tablet.

My boyfriend has one and is always using those chargers for it!

Don't have either product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're dirt cheap on Amazon - would solve the issue for now.

cena wrote: »
    Don't have either product

Could you borrow from a friend or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Holy crap Jane Eyre is creepy!

Michael Fassbender though...

OH NO HANG ON IT'S AMAZING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

javagal wrote: »
    I streamed it online.
    It was lovely. Geoffrey rush is one of ny favourite actors by a long shot!!

Getting a new baby niece tomorrow! Can't wait to meet her and smell all that newbornness!

Clever!
    Dunno why that didn't occur to me.

I'd like a niece. My nephew is one now, I wonder can I start convincing my brother and sister-in-law that they need to have another one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not G.R wrote: »
    A seagull stole some guys roll on Grafton st today! :pac:

We all laughed. :( Poor guy.
    YOU ARE MEAN! :p
    Oh and just to piss you off, the neighbours got a muzzle for the rooster. HA!
    Holy crap Jane Eyre is creepy!

Michael Fassbender though...

OH NO HANG ON IT'S AMAZING

I love that version of Jane Eyre, it's great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ugh, I am definitely starting a cold or something sinusy. I'm shattered tired, congested nose and ears and my throat is sore :(

A muzzle? For a rooster?

bluewolf wrote: »
    A muzzle? For a rooster?
    To stop it crowing in the middle of the night, it gets taken off during the day. None of us actually complained to them, so I'm presuming it pissed them off as much as us.

Yeah I get it, just... I can't picture it :pac:
    A teeny weeny little muzzle?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah I get it, just... I can't picture it :pac:
    A teeny weeny little muzzle?
    I don't know, I haven't seen it, I just know I can hear the rooster TRYING to make noise in the middle of the night!

I don't know, I haven't seen it, I just know I can hear the rooster TRYING to make noise in the middle of the night!

That made me spit coffee out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Damn you exercise & healthy eating! My jeans fit me fine everywhere except the waist, have to keep pulling it up! :P Can't fit into a size eight jeans without restricting some blood flow either! Stuck somewhere between the two at the moment! The horror! :P Such life troubles!

• Advertisement

I love that version of Jane Eyre, it's great! :)

Smashing. It was all new to me as I haven't read the book, what a great story!

Smashing. It was all new to me as I haven't read the book, what a great story!
    My aunt gave it to me when I was ten, for ages I couldn't get past the part where she is put in the room for punishment, scared the hell out of me! :)

Damn you exercise & healthy eating! My jeans fit me fine everywhere except the waist, have to keep pulling it up! :P Can't fit into a size eight jeans without restricting some blood flow either! Stuck somewhere between the two at the moment! The horror! :P Such life troubles!

That right there is a first world problem ;)

Just kidding - if for no other reason, healthy eating / diet / exercise is a fantastic excuse to buy new clothes.

When I piled on the pounds I didn't throw out any of my "skinny" clothes. They're reserved in my wardrobe and I randomly pull out a pair of jeans as my inspiration!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My aunt gave it to me when I was ten, for ages I couldn't get past the part where she is put in the room for punishment, scared the hell out of me! :)

I bought it in Eason for a pound back in the day. It's one of my favourites still. She's a very interesting character. I always found it interesting what it took for her to accept love.

I haven't seen a screen version that does the book proper justice yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The snow is REALLY heavy here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The snow is REALLY heavy here!

And here! Was supposed to be heading to town. Don't think I'll be bringing bubs out in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh my god, I was just out in what was like a snowstorm! :eek: I felt like an arctic explorer :p

in home now with a big mug of coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sun is splitting the rocks in Dublin, I don't imagine that'll last long though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

More first world problems - was just about to go out to the supermarket and decided to check on my littlewoods order... loaded onto the van this morning so now I'm afraid to leave the house!

That's crazy about the snow - where are you guys? Gorgeous morning here but just got a little overcast

• Advertisement

The other night they had The Day After Tomorrow, love how they always put that on the telly when there is extreme weather!
    Stay cosy, Irish snow people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Aaaaaaaand it just started snowing! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

No snow

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

There were the beginnings of snow at home but not in Dublin, yet.

Once it stays away until I get to this ball, I'm happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just saw a few flakes in Dublin city :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just got done of my exam results back. So far they are the worst results I've ever had in college at a time when I need the best. I'm devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I am in the same boat mcr haven't gotten them back yet but I don't even want to know. No point being upset until summer!

My niece is here and gorgeous! Can see bits of zoe in her. Big chubby cheeks!

Got the job. Can't tell people in real life just yet. But over the moon!

Just got done of my exam results back. So far they are the worst results I've ever had in college at a time when I need the best. I'm devastated.

Exam results are not the be all and end all. I say that from experience. I had a bad LC, repeated 1st year in college, had one failed module in my finals, and I still got job offers (& ultimately a phd).

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend it's life thinking it is stupid (or something - can't remember the full quote).

Chin up. Just do everything in your power to increase your knowledge and it will come good in the end.

Exam results are not the be all and end all. I say that from experience. I had a bad LC, repeated 1st year in college, had one failed module in my finals, and I still got job offers (& ultimately a phd).

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend it's life thinking it is stupid (or something - can't remember the full quote).

Chin up. Just do everything in your power to increase your knowledge and it will come good in the end.

Thanks though unfortunately part of the problem with my grades this year is that I already have a job offer dependent on my getting a 2.1 so there's even more pressure than usual.

I suppose I'm just going to have to work even harder but I just really wanted to be able to prove that I'm still the good student that I always was before epilepsy and mental breakdowns. Clearly that is not the case.

Thanks though unfortunately part of the problem with my grades this year is that I already have a job offer dependent on my getting a 2.1 so there's even more pressure than usual.

I suppose I'm just going to have to work even harder but I just really wanted to be able to prove that I'm still the good student that I always was before epilepsy and mental breakdowns. Clearly that is not the case.
    What is your field? (If you don't mind me asking! PM if you want)

A lot of companies will understand. Do you have to do a research project?

Also, bear in mind that your published grades may not be your overall result. There were people in my class that had an average of below a 2.1 but were awarded a 2.1.

How far off a 2.1 are we talking? And do you have more exams this year?

• Advertisement

Got the job. Can't tell people in real life just yet. But over the moon!

Ah class. Well done!

Ah class. Well done!
    Delighted! Can't wait to tell people. I'm such a child :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Urgh so tired! Got Zumba tonight though so I better find some way to wake up haha

akamossy wrote: »
    Urgh so tired! Got Zumba tonight though so I better find some way to wake up haha
    I have considered giving zumba a go. Is it hard? I'm taking up a class, was considering kettlebells but zumba seems to be more fun.

I have considered giving zumba a go. Is it hard? I'm taking up a class, was considering kettlebells but zumba seems to be more fun.

I'll let you know. It's my first class haha. It's supposed to be great fun though

akamossy wrote: »
    I'll let you know. It's my first class haha. It's supposed to be great fun though
    I'd just be afraid I'd be too wobbly at the moment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd just be afraid I'd be too wobbly at the moment!!

I wouldn't be letting that hold you back if you're already reasonably active. No harm in trying something new :)

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Everyone is there for the same reason to get fit and have a bit of fun.

What is your field? (If you don't mind me asking! PM if you want)

A lot of companies will understand. Do you have to do a research project?

Also, bear in mind that your published grades may not be your overall result. There were people in my class that had an average of below a 2.1 but were awarded a 2.1.

How far off a 2.1 are we talking? And do you have more exams this year?

I'm studying law and I have a training with one of the big firms set up dependent on the 2.1. No research project but unfortunately I do have another 3/4 years worth of learning and exams to face so I'm already petrified about that. It's also probably why they expect the grades.

I've gotten results for two of the modules which were five credits each and got a 50 and a 57 so a low enough 2.2 so far. I have three results left to get so I could see a miracle but based on how I feel the exams went I really doubt it. I have four more modules this semester so I could scrape the 60 but it's really not going to be easy especially when this has hit me so hard.

In my final year we could go in and talk to lecturers about exam results on a particular day and go through the papers and argue our cases
    I went up a good few marks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement