Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Just back from A&E.. They think I had a seizure. They let me home because I'm not on my own, I have someone to keep an eye on me. I'm a little freaked out though. I don't remember it at all and I didn't know where I was when I came around. :(

Jaysus PP, you must have got an awful fright. Hope you are being well looked after xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I did.. I think my poor mother got a worse fright though, she saw it happening. :(

I'm resting now, I'm exhausted.

I did.. I think my poor mother got a worse fright though, she saw it happening. :(

I'm resting now, I'm exhausted.

It's tough to see alright. I've had it happen a couple of times over the years with kids I worked with. Do they know what caused it or are they keeping an eye on you?

No idea what caused it. They checked me over, did an ECG, and took blood and urine samples, all OK. I'm at home, mam is keeping an eye on me. They said if it happens again to go straight back in and they'll do scans etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My face is still so red 24 on after being burnt and its now starting to get really uncomfortable :(:( I have white where my sunglasses and my hair were on my face and forehead and the rest of my face is bright bright red. Sent my best friend a picture of it, and tbh, the picture doesn't do it justice as to how red I am - kicking myself now. Worried about how I'm going to go into work on Tuesday if it hasn't toned down, cos its fairly noticeable!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hope you're ok PP.

I'm here in A&E with my mam. She works here, but threw up suddenly. Just gone for a CT scan as she has a headache too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hope you are alright PP and your mam DK

I'm going to bed soon, I'm pooped.

Hope your mam is OK DK.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hope you're ok PP.

I'm here in A&E with my mam. She works here, but threw up suddenly. Just gone for a CT scan as she has a headache too.

Get well soon Mama Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Ahh PP what a fright... Mind yourself!

DK I hope your mom feels better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Facebook seems so quiet....or else I'm checking it WAY too often!:pac: Instead of studying I'm watching Star wars because all the references to the fourth be with you, I had to!! What having only brothers does to you!! Loved Padmé Amidala and Princess Leia when I was little!:D
    Hope your mum is okay!! You too, purple pawprints!

Facebook seems so quiet....or else I'm checking it WAY too often!:pac: Instead of studying I'm watching Star wars because all the references to the fourth be with you, I had to!! What having only brothers does to you!! Loved Padmé Amidala and Princess Leia when I was little!:D
    Hope your mum is okay!!

Its always slow on a Sunday night I find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Cena she just said that she couldn't surf the web at the moment.

Sammy I checked both websites and the full listings aren't up yet. The eye cinema said that it's listings for next weekend won't be up til Tuesday. That seems to be pretty standard.

sorry i didn't see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Must. Stop. Procrastinating.

I still don't know anything for my first exam on Tuesday. Why do I do this?!

You have to know something - you have all day tomorrow to stuff it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hope you're ok PP, and also your mum DK.

Thanks everyone. I'm OK. Taking it easy today. I have a cert for tomorrow too but I should be OK on Wednesday. Little bit worried on case it happens again though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Same, my brain is refusing to absorb any more Trusts. A D would be satisfactory at this stage :o

Watched Mandela: The Long Road to Freedom last night. Wasn't too amazing but... Idris Elba ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Was only talking about trusts the other night - I literally remember nothing of what I learned for that exam. Nothing!
    You'll be fine, Ilyana. You kick butt at exams!

• Advertisement

How so Joe wrote: »
    Was only talking about trusts the other night - I literally remember nothing of what I learned for that exam. Nothing!
    You'll be fine, Ilyana. You kick butt at exams!

It has this incredible ability to just not sink in! Which is problematic!

Thanks so much :) I just left myself a bit underprepared this year, which obviously isn't ideal. Note to self: cramming NEVER works!

Could possibly have discovered the cause of the seizure. Reaction to Flagyl. I've been on it since Tuesday. I'm not sure if I've taken it before but I won't be taking it again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My salad has defeated me. Can not eat any more. Bad salad.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    It has this incredible ability to just not sink in! Which is problematic!

Thanks so much :) I just left myself a bit underprepared this year, which obviously isn't ideal. Note to self: cramming NEVER works!

Challenge accepted.

Need to cram Trusts and Admin notes in today. Then learn them before exams tomorrow and Wednesday. :P

Challenge accepted.

Need to cram Trusts and Admin notes in today. Then learn them before exams tomorrow and Wednesday. :P

Ooof, tough timing. I've got Criminal Justice on Tuesday at 9am, some of the notes for which have vanished from my laptop.

Effort!

Does anyone else find that Always ad that looks more like a Pampers ad really irritating? I am a woman who has periods, not a baby who needs a "dry night"!

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find that Always ad that looks more like a Pampers ad really irritating? I am a woman who has periods, not a baby who needs a "dry night"!

Ah coochy coochy coo

I think I caught a glimpse of it, if that's what it sounds like that's mad all right :D

This one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

This one.

It does sound pretty much exactly like a nappy ad - I was only saying that to my fella last week, and he agreed! Pretty condescending, I thought, and not a great marketing strategy.

Omg
    even the music!
    That's mental

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

That fooking ad. I nearly puked the first time I saw it. I actually haven't bought a single Always product since... I think I might email them telling them that as well. Grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I roll my eyes at those ads. How long did it take them to cut the "have a happy period" line? Used to want to destroy my TV with that one.

The one that *really* annoys me at the minute though is that fúcking stupid Veet one. The one that goes "there are many things about a man that look good on a woman... but stubble isn't one of them". Get fúcked Veet.

Whoever wrote that 'have a happy period' line has clearly never had a period.

The only happiness I experience on my period is when a Curly Wurly comes into my possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Last month, following an ongoing saga of having perpetual pain in my left hip, I went to the doctor for help and discovered it was largely a weight-related issue. Also to my horror I was told my BMI had gone from 41.5 to 45 since my last check in and I weighed in at almost 23 stone.
    That was a month ago. I haven't been doing anything MAJORLY different other than writing a food diary and limiting the junk food but today, I stepped on the scales and discovered to my utter shock that I have lost just under 24lbs in the space of 4 weeks of moderately healthy eating. :eek: At this rate, I'll be reunited with my cheekbones in no time! :D

Is it possible for your Twitter account to follow random accounts of its own accord? I've just unfollowed about 100 that I have no interest in.. For the second time in about a week. And some are the same ones. :confused:

Is it possible for your Twitter account to follow random accounts of its own accord? I've just unfollowed about 100 that I have no interest in.. For the second time in about a week. And some are the same ones. :confused:

If you have signed up to a twitter follower thing, it can do that sometimes.

:o:o I'm still red - went into work today, boss said it didn't look too bad, but three in my form class saw the white patches around my eyes straight away. As the girls were walking out of assembly, I got a lot of, Miss you are red looking

If you have signed up to a twitter follower thing, it can do that sometimes.

I don't think I am.. It's odd.

Mine got hacked (I know because I never use it), and it did that and tweeted at everyone some advertising bull. Changed my password and it didn't happen again.

My Twitter got hacked too, so I just made a new one. God knows what the other one is doing because I can't get into it to log out.

First world problems at their finest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I dont understand twitter.

/old

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

herisson wrote: »
    I dont understand twitter.

/old
    Neither do I.

But I don't think it's an age thing, my mother is a twitter addict!

Neither do I.

But I don't think it's an age thing, my mother is a twitter addict!

I barely use facebook. So i dont know what id say on twitter at all.

Ill stick to boards, i know how to work it. :D

I find Twitter really useful for promoting my blog and finding other similar bloggers. It's kind of like an extension of blogging for me rather than a social thing, but everyone uses it differently I guess!

Before I had a blog I hardly ever used Twitter because I hadn't a clue what to say!

Me mammy's okay! \o/

There was a day an a half where we thought it was a bleed on her brain, but there was nothing when they scanned. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.

Great to hear DK

PP how are you feeling today?

I have a few questions prepared for my exam next week. They aren't great at all. I have a maths exam too. I have 45 mins for each question. I can do one in 15 mins which saves me 10 mins extra for the next 3 questions which should be enough. I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm feeling very miserable for myself today. I need to do something about it but I don't know what. It doesn't help that I'm broke until tomorrow so no instant gratification via spending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm just catching up on the thread. DK that's great that things are improving for your mam. It must still be a scary time though. PP I hope you're feeling better.

I'm in work after being away on a weekend of debauchery in Kinsale. I have very little voice remaining. I'm covered in bruises from head to toe from playing rugby. I'm in pain! But it was a fantastically amazing weekend.

Thanks for the concern ladies.

I'm grand today. Still a bit tired tbh. Back to work tomorrow. Early night tonight and I'll be fine.

Glad your mam is OK, Das Kitty. :)

Think I'll change my Twitter password and see if that does any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Think I'll change my Twitter password and see if that does any good.

That kind of stuff on twitter is rarely anything to do with passwords. Nothing to do with being 'hacked', it'll most likely be an app that you've authorised. Settings > applications > revoke access.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear, DK x

Went into boots, bought all the things.
    They've 3 for 2 on stuff though so the lady told me to go get a free eyeliner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement