Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Monsoon season has hit doughiska...i have to go into town and have no coat...yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

And exam season begins... I love cramming on the bus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

My paper got properly accepted for a journal today. Yeay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

And exam season begins... I love cramming on the bus!

Woo!

Good luck btw. I'm sitting on a very cold floor, hoping it'll be cancelled and we'll all get a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

I'm mid-way through exam season. Got some not so brilliant results (still passed and all - just thought I'd do better) and I've totally run out of steam for the exams that are left :/ There's such a thing as overdoing it apparently....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Arghhh, forgot that I had bid on a lovely three piece suit on eBay that finished at 12.10 today - was in the middle of my year 7 lesson at 12.45 and remembered, and then couldn't be angry because I was in the middle of her he lesson :(

Bbq spice chicken, red melon, mayonnaise, and a baby leaf salad bag... perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

So glad to hear that about your mam DK. x

Well the exam went ok. I just burst into tears there, though, after seeing my grandparents' house for sale on Daft. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hugs for you S&S.

Someone tell me how to stop thinking about what happened on Sunday. I'm really worried about it happening again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

PP, I know exactly how you're feeling. I still go through periods of it. To put it simply, you're not going to stop worrying but you can try relax yourself. It's a scary experience that stays in your head for days so just try keep your head distracted. Stay rested and calm and just keep the days normal. Worrying won't change anything either way. Sleep really helps too. Right now it's only happened once and bear that in mind. There's probably a good chance that it may never happen again and was just a scary once off. Didn't you say that you think you have an idea of what might have caused it? If you've stopped taking that then hopefully you've lowered the risk there.

Also, don't start googling and reading all about what may have happened. You'll only work yourself up more. The easiest (which isnt easy at all) is to just try and accept that the seizure had already happened and remember that for most people it is only a one off. The same happened to my dad in 2011 and he's never had one since.

Give me a PM if you want. I've been through exactly what you have. Please don't use my story as a worry either!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Morning lads and lassies.

It's not Tuesday, it's Wednesday. \o/

Eurovision time is almost upon us (or already upon us if you're a semi-final watcher). We're not having a party this year. Too much has been going on lately and I need a rest.

MCR, thanks so much for your post. I'm guilty of Googling already so I'll try to stop that. It's definitely not helping things. I think it could have been the Flagyl that the dentist prescribed after I had my tooth out. I was also reading that Difene can make Flagyl work faster too and I was taking them at the same time. Hopefully it was that and I won't have another one.

I'll be OK. I'm trying to keep things normal. I'm back to work today so hopefully it's busy enough to keep me occupied but not hectic so I end up not getting lunch. All going to plan I'm treating myself to lunch out today.

In other news, my face is so sore on the side I got the tooth out and this is a week later. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to head back to the dentist.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

In other news, my face is so sore on the side I got the tooth out and this is a week later. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to head back to the dentist.. :o

There's a thing you can get called dry socket after getting a tooth out, I wonder if it's that? I got a tooth out a couple of months ago, a big massive back one, and only had maybe a day or two of pain (and it was nothing
    compared to the pain I was in before it was taken out) ... if you're still in pain, I'd say give the dentist a call!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

PP googling is the worst thing that you can do. It has a way of telling you that you're doing even if you just twisted your ankle! You'll stay overthinking because of it and that's the worst thing for you right now. I'll be thinking of you today but the best thing for you is to go through a normal day to help you realise that right now you are still perfectly fine! :-)

DK, cannot wait for Eurovision! It's always around my birthday and just so much fun. I'm even taking the day off, heading home and making sure that all my work is done so that I can enjoy it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We are going to Aberdeen to watch Eurovision with friends who share our enthusiasm :D

There's a thing you can get called dry socket after getting a tooth out, I wonder if it's that? I got a tooth out a couple of months ago, a big massive back one, and only had maybe a day or two of pain (and it was nothing
    compared to the pain I was in before it was taken out) ... if you're still in pain, I'd say give the dentist a call!

It's less sore today than yesterday. My Mam was rubbing my cheek to get me to come around the other day and I think she might have been hitting me harder than she thought! I might call down to the dentist at lunch and see though. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

DK, cannot wait for Eurovision! It's always around my birthday and just so much fun. I'm even taking the day off, heading home and making sure that all my work is done so that I can enjoy it properly.

Mine too. I normally have some sort of get together, but not feeling up to it this year. I think I'll have a beer on the sofa with my buddy on IM.

By the way if anyone enjoys twitter during it, I can recommend @PaddyDuffy

Had me in stitches last night.

PP googling is the worst thing that you can do. It has a way of telling you that you're doing even if you just twisted your ankle! You'll stay overthinking because of it and that's the worst thing for you right now. I'll be thinking of you today but the best thing for you is to go through a normal day to help you realise that right now you are still perfectly fine! :-)

Yeah, I realise Google is a bad idea. I'll definitely stop because it isn't helping at all. I'm so glad I'm back to work today even though I am a bit tired. I'll try to put it at the back of my mind, like you said, I mightn't ever have one again. I hadn't a clue what happened, I didn't even know where I was. At least I know how I felt before I had it and I'll be able to call someone if I feel that way again. About ten minutes beforehand I started sweating for no reason and felt nauseous. I'll try to stop thinking about it and if it happens again I'll deal with it. :)

Oh good lord, I am tired. Didn't get home last night until after 9, then didn't go to bed until 1. Forgot what time it was and that I had to get up for an exam. Ugh. I want my bed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another throad infection coming on :(

Oh good lord, I am tired. Didn't get home last night until after 9, then didn't go to bed until 1. Forgot what time it was and that I had to get up for an exam. Ugh. I want my bed.

Hope Trusts went okay for you! I wrote things, so I guess it went okay. Today's exam was grand too, thankfully.

Last one is Friday then I'm freeeeee*

*Until work at 8am on Saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

PP I'm terrible for googling things, google has a some lost sleep to answer for! Hope you feel better now and it was down to the tablets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

New shoes: my first pair of Converse. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I need to get a new pair of those, wore through the ball of the feet in my 3 year old Batman ones at the weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just had a call from a company that i applied to months and months ago..they are still advertising the same job so was convinced nothing had come of my application..i has an interview this friday! The short notice has gotta be good right? :pac:

Lyaiera wrote: »
    New shoes: my first pair of Converse. :)
    Welcome to the club. I currently own about 11 pairs of varying colour and style.

Congrats on the interview sammy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

went to see a solicitor we got chatting and i told them About the money the brother owes me. Lets just say a letter well be coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Is that not overkill cena, sending a solicitors letter to your brother? Can it not be sorted informally. Legal rows with family never end well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Is that not overkill cena, sending a solicitors letter to your brother? Can it not be sorted informally. Legal rows with family never end well.
    I have to agree. There are some issues on my dad's side of the family, and solicitors letters flying about really didn't help.

ellie_sun wrote: »
    PP I'm terrible for googling things, google has a some lost sleep to answer for! Hope you feel better now and it was down to the tablets.

I feel a bit better. I'm going to go to my doctor and see what antibiotics I have been on and if I haven't been on Flagyl before I'll assume it was that and not take it again. I was on one when I got bitten by a cat and another the time I had the blepharitis flare up.

Yeah Google has a lot to answer for!

Sammy, congratulations on the interview and best of luck!

quote="Tigger99;90276501"]Is that not overkill cena, sending a solicitors letter to your brother? Can it not be sorted informally. Legal rows with family never end well.[/quote]

I agree it is. It was agreed I would have been paid back in full before Christmas. They said they send it and see what he does. I know he well just laugh at it

Tedfest London is a thing :D

Tedfest London is a thing :D

Is that to do with father ted?

cena wrote: »
    quote="Tigger99;90276501"]Is that not overkill cena, sending a solicitors letter to your brother? Can it not be sorted informally. Legal rows with family never end well.

I agree it is. It was agreed I would have been paid back in full before Christmas. They said they send it and see what he does. I know he well just laugh at it
    Well if it is not going to do any good, would you hold off sending the letter for the sake of maintaining family civility? And just perhaps appealing to your brother again?

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Well if it is not going to do any good, would you hold off sending the letter for the sake of maintaining family civility? And just perhaps appealing to your brother again?

Sure he owes my mother over 20,000.
    There just isn't any talking to him. What is annoying is the wife what's to go to new York, knowing I am owed the money

How much does he owe you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Just a gentle reminder than this is a public forum and anyone can read it. You don't even need an account to browse. Please, please, please be mindful of your posting, especially where legal matters are involved.

Ta,

Lucy :)

How much does he owe you?

I am owed 700 euro. I did give him more than 2000.

Got my sister a hollister zip up hoodie for her birthday. Picked a large as she's a bit bigger than me...jesus it's pretty small :eek:

• Advertisement

Got my sister a hollister zip up hoodie for her birthday. Picked a large as she's a bit bigger than me...jesus it's pretty small :eek:

Would be worse if it had been absolutely muumuu-sized!

Could you bring it back and get a bigger size?

cena wrote: »
    Could you bring it back and get a bigger size?

Got it online, I would not step foot in Hollister :D Her birthday isn't till the 29th so mulling over giving it to her now to get her to try it on. Keep it for me / send it back if it's too small. It's a bit too pink for my liking though.

If she's happy with the fit she's not getting it till the 29th though. :p

Got it online, I would not step foot in Hollister :D Her birthday isn't till the 29th so mulling over giving it to her now to get her to try it on. Keep it for me / send it back if it's too small. It's a bit too pink for my liking though.

If she's happy with the fit she's not getting it till the 29th though. :p

i don't blame you not wanting to into the place. It is so dark in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Horrific period pains = pajamas already on and House of Cards is being watched in bed until my eyes stop working and I'm not even sorry.

Ouch :(

Horrific period pains = pajamas already on and House of Cards is being watched in bed until my eyes stop working and I'm not even sorry.

Ouch :(

Torn about liking this. Like for HOC but not for period pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Torn about liking this. Like for HOC but not for period pain!

Lol, don't worry, I woulda taken it as a sympathy thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I bought something in penny's...in a size 10! I never find size 10 in there!! Ever! Multiple exclamation marks are required.

I've been in my pjs since 2pm, and had a three hour nap before dinner.

My brain thinks it's on its summer holidays already. Sadly it is much mistaken!

More good luck for exam people!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement