Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips

Options
  • 04-02-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I've been thinking a lot lately about the word TIP when it comes to this unpredictable "Sport" known as horse racing ,To me a Tip is actually a myth, the only way a Tip can be justified to the general public is this, " I got a tip for a horse" now this horse could have the most awful form in the book, but the reason its been Tipped is because the owners and connections of the horse are deciding to "Let the horse try". It's Corruption of the highest order, but the way racing is it's I don't blame connections, you run your horse and get it down to a weight you fell your horse can win. Now the problem here is, and Paddy Power loves this, if you have an 11 runner field in Lingfield and your deciding to let your horse "Try" what happens if another horse, or maybe 3 or even 4 are trying, this is were the bookies come in, They live for this kinda carry on, you may have an Even money fav who is rated 70 and won it's last race, but you could also have a 50 rated horse who was once rated 70 who will be out to win, Favourites should win every race, if the sport was clean that is. But Nobody complains about the current system as the bookies are winning, some punters are winning so everybody is happy. If the truth came out, the sport would be gone Tommorow. Everybody is calling Barney Curley a legend for winning with 4 "Horses that were trying" last week, when clearly what he done was wrong in many peoples opinions, but to the average punter like myself who knows what goes on, I can see why he landed this gamble. Anybody who thinks they can make money from this game is disillusioned. The word TIP is a myth. keep your money in your pocket.

P.S Sorry if any of u thought I was posting a Tip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I agree with you about 'tips', you might be lucky and get 3 or 4 genuine money making tips in a year. Some posters on here post up 'tips' on a daily basis and if they were to back them as well as posting them up here they would be skint in a month. That said I am making a nice few bob on the horses for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

Good stuff lad, I love to hear ppl making money from this game. It's a tough nut to crack, Cheltenham coming up, nothing worse than trying to separate 28 triers, actually it's near impoosible, only the long odds ons can be trusted, but not many average punter back these. Another reason why paddy power is lying on a nice yacht in the Mediterranean laughing at us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Good stuff lad, I love to hear ppl making money from this game. It's a tough nut to crack, Cheltenham coming up, nothing worse than trying to separate 28 triers, actually it's near impoosible, only the long odds ons can be trusted, but not many average punter back these. Another reason why paddy power is lying on a nice yacht in the Mediterranean laughing at us all.

I don't use paddy power.
    Here's a tip ,for free.
    Use a local small bookies. Strike up a relationship with the staff(in other words look after them when you have a nice win) You would be amazed at the amount of good info that will come your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I generally stay away from low-grade handicaps, Its hard enough to find a few winners without the added dimension of tryers non tryers and struggling small stables.

And of course the trainers and owners are right to abuse a system thats there to be abused, how else is a anybody supposed to make an honest fortune from the game in the face of Ballydoyle, Godolphin, Giggenstown etc

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ken Masters

Well Greg I'm the opposite to you, I only find the low grade handicapps worth studying form, cause u could see it's form say it's 0002, u know he's had 3 runs and ya can check his effort in his previous race, was he unlucky in running, did money come for it and if it does why's that when his first 3 runs were stinkers, well they were to get his handicapp rating, for anyone who doesn't know this well you know now, 3 maidens races, 3 bad efforts, 4th run you get a mark on the basis of your first 3 runs, so don't show your hand, get a low mark then strike, this is why I understand why this **** goes on. All the high grade stuff is too obvious, your godolphins and APs etc,will nearly always have favs, if you wanna be clever u need to dig out the corruption in the low grade aw handicapps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement