Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I disable everything bar the alarm clock at night?

• 04-02-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I was awoken at about 5:40am this morning by a notification beep. I use an app called 'Watchdog Lite' that alerts me if any app is using 40% or more of my CPU. It said 'Android media process' - I'm not sure what app is at fault. I don't know why this alerted me as I had nothing running.

How can I disable everything bar the alarm clock? It's very annoying to be woken at such an early time.

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Airplane mode ?

Turn on Airplane mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If it's just the sounds that are worrying you, try the following:

Go to Settings --> Sound --> Volumes.

Your notification volume should be separate from your alarm volume. Turn down the volume for notifications and leave the volume for alarms up high. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

I always use Airplane mode at night but the notification still happened. :confused:

The one major advantage over smartphones that feature phones has was the ability to powered off before bedtime and turn itself on to activate the alarm.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

That's weird because you would not have any data connection ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

you could use Llama to automatically switch of sound/vibration ( and anything else you didn't want) between set hours.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama&hl=en_GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

BrendanD wrote: »
    That's weird because you would not have any data connection ?

Could be a local notification. If it's the sounds that is bothering you then just put the phone on silent. The alarm will still go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Sleep quiet app and volume conteol+. It silences everything except your alarm. It can also white list numbers so if these ring the call will get through. If someone texts or rings it will send then a message saying person unavailable, if its urgent please call/text once/twice/three more times to get through. Turn your data /sync off via Widgets on your home screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I just installed this during the weekend. Seems fine so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ta.volumecontrol

You can set a sound profile to activate at 7AM and another to activate around 11PM (or whatever your bedtime is).

So at 11PM set all of your volumes to turn down and turn up the alarm.
    At 7AM get it to turn the other volumes back up again.

Another app (probably overkill) is Tasker. It's not free though. I used to set that to turn off WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth and turn down the volumes at bed time and then, turn Wifi back on about 15 mins before I got up so my phone was synced up. I stopped using it because whenever I wiped / replaced my phone it's a learning curve to set it back up again.

I tried Llama before. While it worked I found my battery died quicker when I had it on. That was a year or two ago though. It might work better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

I put it on silent every night and the alarm still goes off every morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Try Automateit - similar to Tasker but has lots of pre defined rules

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage&hl=en

In Watchdog Lite preferences I selected 'none' for ring tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Many Android phones have a Quiet hours feature...might be called something else.

My Note has a feature called Blocking Mode that will allow or disallow certain notifications. My Tablet has Quiet Hours which has the same features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

The Moto G has Assist which does this for meetings and sleeping, but you can have it let through calls from people who call twice in a row, good idea.

Advertisement