Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worth buying a second hand gaming computer?

Options
  • 04-02-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

So the big three zero is just around the corner and I have decided to treat myself.

I have kept my eye on the dayz threads on here and think I might look for a second hand computer to play that and arma intensly!

Is it worth picking up a second hand computer for this? I'm looking at a budget of about 350 so it kind of rules a new build out.

I have a dell laptop so the gaming computer will be solely for gaming.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

So the big three zero is just around the corner and I have decided to treat myself.

I have kept my eye on the dayz threads on here and think I might look for a second hand computer to play that and arma intensly!

Is it worth picking up a second hand computer for this? I'm looking at a budget of about 350 so it kind of rules a new build out.

I have a dell laptop so the gaming computer will be solely for gaming.

Any advice?

Well avoid gumtree, or donedeal for starters think adverts.ie is your best bet.

,Might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Well avoid gumtree, or donedeal for starters think adverts.ie is your best bet.

,Might be able to help you.

Why so sterlingarcher?

How can you help?

Just downloaded arma 2 free onto the dell, it was woefully laggy. Looks like its the ps4 for the night!

Why so sterlingarcher?

How can you help?

Just downloaded arma 2 free onto the dell, it was woefully laggy. Looks like its the ps4 for the night!

Yeah got the ps4 myself ,finding it meh so far. Only have bf4 on it. And the Lag and crashes makes that annoying. Not to mention the ps4 lack of streaming flash player. Anyway.

Adverts is a little more secure than gumtree and donedeal. are still tools on it. But there is at least a feedback system.

I know what specs to be looking at,Had a look at some PCs for you on adverts. Trawling through the bull**** takes time .seen one possible, that will run arma medium settings. He wants 500 for it but chance your arm at 350 as this is all I would pay for it. Has a first gen I7 920 and a 4890.

What is your approx location. No point me looking at PCs in Dublin if you from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Dublin but I can travel a bit if needs be, is medium OK to play arma with?

Fair play to you for looking into it man, nice thing to do.

Gonna check that out on adverts now.

I was looking through stuff on Gumtree before you said not to and some of the stuff looked waaaaay to good to be in my price range.

One more question for you, is it worth my while looking at getting a VGA to HDMI cable and hooking it up to my 42" LED screen?

Links don't always work for adverts.
    Put this in search.

Desktop - 7870 HD, Quad Core, 4GB RAM.
    Not bad for 375.

He looking for 375 could offer 350 I'd start at 300. For full price he mentioned maybe throwing in a monitor also to make the sale. As for VGA to hdmi I don't think the quality will be as good.

This is a decent card worth 150 by itself. card has a hdmi port so you could hook up to tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement