Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Diamond/Bibler tents customer service

Options
  • 04-02-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone is thinking of buying one of these single-skin tents, I thought I'd post my very recent (today) experience.

I bought a Bibler Pueblo 4-person tent for about $900 some five or six years ago. It's started to leak, and re-sealing the seams didn't make it 100%. I put it up in the garden 3 days ago for a proper test, and it sat there for the horrors of yesterday's weather. By the evening there was some water in the corners. Not enough to wet everything, but enough that you'd be annoyed to push your down bag into it. Maybe a small tea-cup full, or a little less.

So, I mailed BD in Switzerland and asked them what they could do. They said the Pueblo is no longer in production, and that it seems the ToddTex single-skin is perhaps delaminating. They didn't for a moment suggest user error, or poor care, or any of the usual opt-outs. They then offered to replace it, free of charge, with the nearest product (Bibler Bombshelter) to the Pueblo. That's the bones of 900 euro online. With free shipping to Ireland. No questions asked, no need to send them the old tent.

That's top service, and would certainly encourage me to buy more of these tents in the future.

Just thought I'd share this, in case anyone is thinking of getting a Bibler and worried about aftercare....

Incidentally, I also pitched a 25-year-old NF VE25 tent in the garden at the same time, to see how much it leaked after all this time. Hardly at all - maybe an egg-cup-full in a full day of storm. Heavy it may be, but that's a serious tent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

brownian wrote: »
    Incidentally, I also pitched a 25-year-old NF VE25 tent in the garden at the same time, to see how much it leaked after all this time. Hardly at all - maybe an egg-cup-full in a full day of storm. Heavy it may be, but that's a serious tent.

That's not a tent, it's a portable bomb shelter! They don't make 'em like they used to - literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

My son bought me a head lamp black diamond in america, when i got it home i tried it out on a night spin, worked great for about 10 miles then it started flikkering on and off.
    so got it back home emailed BD about the faulty lamp they said send it back and they would replace it, so i packed it up gave to my son to post, two weeks passed no word from BD i asked my son to email them back he said.... Dad i didnt like to say anything to you but the dog eat the lamp:eek: everything was gone barr a slider of the strap:D:D:D i email BD yet again told them the story the following week i had a brand new head lamp no questions asked.
    super company to deal with.

Advertisement