Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Amsterdam

Options
  • 04-02-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Look for a route near Schiphol Airport, any ideas?

Staying in Citizenm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I'm not a runner, but a cyclist.

The Aalsmeerderdijk that runs along a canal near the back of the airport is pleasant enough. You will have to run on the cycle lane. It's a mixture of semi-rural housing and light industry, but you could do worse. You'll get a decent long length out of it. Problems I see are getting off the airport campus easily.

To get out of the airport quickly I would get the train a few stops south to Nieuw Vennep and run the small roads south-east of it. This won't be exciting, but will probably be quiet and with plenty of length.

Both those options are utilitarian and just for getting a quick stretch of the legs. If you have time and would like a nice afternoon's run, then I would recommend taking the train to the Voorschoten and running around the large nature reserve between Wassenaar and the coast. It is really pretty here (although maybe not in winter). There are decent hard-packed paths and grass in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Thanks for this.

Will definitely make use of it over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Double jobbing in the windows again Tunney?

mloc123 wrote: »

Says he with the Double Ds

mloc123 wrote: »

There is a red light district in Frankfurt too. If you drop out of the race you can always amuse yourself there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    There is a red light district in Frankfurt too. If you drop out of the race you can always amuse yourself there.

And earn back some of my entry fee..

Advertisement