Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work enterprise allowance

Options
  • 04-02-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am currently working part time and getting jobseekers allowance of €64 a week. I plan on leaving that job in the next couple of weeks to work on the new business i'm setting up. I want to get the full amount I can, which is €144 on back to work enterprise allowance.

Iv been told my back to work enterprise allowance payment is determined by my last 6 weeks average on jobseekers allowance.
    So i need to be getting €144 jobseekers allowance for the next few weeks.

Could i leave my job and drop in my yellow slip with the x's and o's to the dole office for 6 weeks with all x’s saying i havn't worked or would i need to inform them iv left that job?

The complication with leaving my job is i'm leaving the part time job of my own choice but i can't really tell social welfare that. I would need my employer to say i was let go but the issue from their point is i could look for redundancy because iv been there 6 years.

I also thought of asking my boss to say i'm not working due to the business being quiet post christmas, but i am still an employee.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on my best course of action to get the full amount.
    Regards Luke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Hi - have you actually been for any BTWEA interviews, written your business plan etc. Does your new business qualify for BTWEA?
    I've been a single parent for over 4 years and have written my business plan, been to the Enterprise Board, Employment officer etc over the last 3 months and I'm still no nearer to getting onto the scheme.
    There's a lot of form filling, rewriting and research needed, they're only funding people who can seriously prove that they have a business that will earn them money - proving there is a market for your product/service without displacing another business.
    I've spent the last month getting some letters of intent - it's difficult to get someone to agree to take on your product or service without actually making/doing it - which I can't as then I am risk of having my benefit cut as I am "working".
    So it's not as simple as getting the qualifying time period and starting on BTWEA.
    Good luck with your new business.

Advertisement