Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Disaster!!!

Options
  • 04-02-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hoping someone here can advise or help.

I have been trying for the last two weeks to sort out a billing problem with Eircom and getting the total run around!  One dept to the other, then hanging up mid transfer, back to the the queue again. So after 1hr 11mins on the phone tonight here I am...just hung up mid call.

So the issue is,  I decided to go with Eircom on December 19th, had a change of mind on Dec 20th and decided to stick with Sky. I rang Eircom and was told I was still in my cooling off period and that as it was only set up the previous day it would be seemless.

Surprise Surprise it never happened. I got a bill on Jan 15th looking for €196 euro, €173 of which is for early cease charge. I have been on the Chat function on the site, on to Loyalty team, Customer Service and have a good record of all names etc but even up until 5 mins ago I was hung up on while "Hold on while I check this out for you" line. Am so FRUSTRATED!

Anyone any ideas what to do next? COMREG? TWEET? 

Sorry for venting but am at my wits end with it all.
    W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Although the reps may be able to help you, if they can't after a week, go to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Hoping someone here can advise or help.

I have been trying for the last two weeks to sort out a billing problem with Eircom and getting the total run around!  One dept to the other, then hanging up mid transfer, back to the the queue again. So after 1hr 11mins on the phone tonight here I am...just hung up mid call.

So the issue is,  I decided to go with Eircom on December 19th, had a change of mind on Dec 20th and decided to stick with Sky. I rang Eircom and was told I was still in my cooling off period and that as it was only set up the previous day it would be seemless.

Surprise Surprise it never happened. I got a bill on Jan 15th looking for €196 euro, €173 of which is for early cease charge. I have been on the Chat function on the site, on to Loyalty team, Customer Service and have a good record of all names etc but even up until 5 mins ago I was hung up on while "Hold on while I check this out for you" line. Am so FRUSTRATED!

Anyone any ideas what to do next? COMREG? TWEET? 

Sorry for venting but am at my wits end with it all.
    W
    Hi wtd2008
    If you were advised that you were still in cooling off period, this should have been resolved for you. Our apologies that you have had to call into so many sections and not had issue resolved. Can you PM me with your own details and the details of those calls mentioned and I will chase this for you. We should be able to sort out all the issues here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Is there any resolution on this?? If it is not resolved by tomorrow I am going down the COMREG route, has been going on for weeks at this stage and I have been very patient, so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is there any resolution on this?? If it is not resolved by tomorrow I am going down the COMREG route, has been going on for weeks at this stage and I have been very patient, so far.
    HI wtd2008

Can you take a call from me on this today? If you are not contactable on your landline please PM a mobile contact for you.

Thanks

Al

Any update on this? 

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^
    Hi wtd2008

Please accept my apologies for this delay, I have further news on this and have your contact details, are you free to take a call today?

Many thanks

Al

Did you not get my PM Al?  Am available for that call.... :cool:

Any update? 

Any update? 
    Hi wtd2008

Just tried calling there, I can call anytime today so let me know asap

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Any update? 
    Hi wtd2008

Thanks for calling me back, I can confirm that the outstanding amount sought by eircom will be removed and as soon as credit management has arranged this I will email you on the address you supplied over the call.

Thanks

Al

Any update? 
    Hi wtd2008

Thanks for calling me back, I can confirm that the outstanding amount sought by eircom will be removed and as soon as credit management has arranged this I will email you on the address you supplied over the call.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your help on this, Hopefully this will be the end of it.

W.

Any update? 
    Hi wtd2008

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your help on this, Hopefully this will be the end of it.

W.
    No problem at all wtd2008

It will be cleared very soon and I will let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Alan,  
    I still have not received anything in writing to say this had been cancelled as you said. 
    What I did get however was a nasty letter threatening legal action within 10 days. 
    Is there any chance I can something in writing to confirm that the issue is closed? 

Alan,  
    I still have not received anything in writing to say this had been cancelled as you said. 
    What I did get however was a nasty letter threatening legal action within 10 days. 
    Is there any chance I can something in writing to confirm that the issue is closed? 

Hi wtd2008

I'm sorry for the unnecessary inconvenience this is causing, I have been assured this will be cleared bit I will follow this again up today and get back to you.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al,

Still no confirmation that this is cancelled as you said, and yet another letter arrived yesterday threatening legal action.

ComReg have notified they will investigate if it is not resolved by the end of the week.

I never got any closure on this....Are ye still investigating? or can I take it that it is now resolved and that the threatening letters will stop?

So much for getting this Alan....got a solicitors letter in the post today on behalf of Eircom. 
    Com Reg investigating.
    What a shower!

So much for getting this Alan....got a solicitors letter in the post today on behalf of Eircom. 
    Com Reg investigating.
    What a shower!
    Hi wtd2008

I am very sorry to hear of this and of course I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

I have already been assure that this will be waived however I will seek clarification on this and get back to you as soon as I have more information on why you received this letter.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Jaysus that's abysmal service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I got the exact same run-around with Eircom.  Honest to God, they're as cliver as jailers. 

I tried to cancel my contract (I was well out of the contract period).  I emailed to cancel.  I got a reply saying that I could only cancel over the phone.  I rang.  I was told that I would have to give written notice.  I went and read my actual contract and discovered that I could only do it over the phone.  Oh Good God!  Months and months and months (7 in total) trying to simply cancel a contract.  I'd be transferred to India (after being on hold for 20 minutes or so) and the minute I'd utter the words 'I wish to cancel my contract', they'd hang up!!!!!  They are an absolute disgrace.  Had to get Comreg to intervene too, or I'd still be contracted to them to this day!!!!!!!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE 

I am at a loss what to do....Hope Com Reg will sort it.  
    Has caused a serious amount of stress.. Of course if you could talk to someone with her hanging up I reckon it would have been sorted ages ago. 
    Glad to see I am not the only one. 

Honestly, I nearly had a nervous breakdown!  

Curiously, when I was trying to prove how many attempts (almost daily for 7 months) I had made to their call number (1907 or 1909 or whatever it was), they couldn't provide me with that list when I asked for an itemised list of phonecalls I had made!  

Have Comreg gotten back to you yet?  

Eircom are the worst shower I've ever had to deal with.  I'd isolate myself on a tiny island quicker than I'd deal with them again!  I've never dealt with the likes of them.  Unbelievable.  Nobody would believe it until they have to go through it themselves!  

Oh and word to the wise - DO NOT use their service AT ALL until this is resolved.  I had 7 months of trying to cancel, paying DD, and still using landline.  I wanted a refund from the date I had first written evidence of trying to cancel (hence their favour for phone cancellation I reckon!).  They said that since I had continued to use the 'service' while trying to cancel, meant that I didn't really intend to cancel the service.  The 1000 calls to 1909 were not sent out to me on my itemised bill.  Excuse was - they were freephone and wouldn't show up on a bill. 

Such a shower of ***** you'd be hard pressed to find.

After Comreg's intervention, they reimbursed me a miserly 40 euros odd.  And a lovely aggressive email from them telling me there was no way I'd get more money.  :rolleyes:

Com Reg investigating.
    What a shower!
    Hi wtd2008

Thank you for taking my call. I have now emailed you confirmation that the amount has been cleared.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

Thanks
    Al

Com Reg investigating.
    What a shower!
    Hi wtd2008

Thank you for taking my call. I have now emailed you confirmation that the amount has been cleared.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

Thanks
    Al
    At last...confirmation that it has been cancelled and that the solicitors got involved in "error". All I wanted. It is sad that we have to go on a public forum like this to harass and highlight our cases.
    In fairness to Al he was the only one who made any kind of response, so it is appreciated Al. 
    Thanks. Just hope this is the end of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

The solicitors should also follow this up with confirmation that they made a mistake and nothing is due - given that it escalated to that level.

Appalling anyway. Especially given all the other threads about people chasing eircom for months when they are due a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Solicitors are a two way street, might be worth your while looking for a local guy who operates on a no fee first consultancy and then on a no fee basis unless he wins your case for undue harassment, worry and lost time.

It Would seem pretty clear from this thread you have a good case for grievances exacerbated by vexatious letters received after you were already in a process of settlement by engaging with their own corporate forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

this is a disgrace on eircoms behalf.
    i am just out of contract with vodafone.
    was going to sign up with eircom or sky.
    i think ill give eircom a miss.
    guts of 6 weeks trying to sort out a simple
    problem.
    i hope they at least had the courtesy to send the
    op something for all the messing about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    this is a disgrace on eircoms behalf.
    i am just out of contract with vodafone.
    was going to sign up with eircom or sky.
    i think ill give eircom a miss.
    guts of 6 weeks trying to sort out a simple
    problem.
    i hope they at least had the courtesy to send the
    op something for all the messing about.
    Hi gerykin22
    If you PM us with the details of this issue we should be able to help you on this issue. If you provide brief description od issue and a/c or line number we will investigate immediately.
    Tony

Advertisement