Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area outage

Options
  • 04-02-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just finished speaking with James from technical support, who confirmed yet another "fault in my area". On the 1st Feb, 3rd Feb, 24th Jan, 17th Jan and pretty much every second day for the month of December, there were also faults in my area. Kieran, the supervisor on duty this evening was unfortunately too busy to speak to me.

My issue is quite simple. Im rather fed up of paying for a service that works occasionally. I don't go to tesco, pick up an item, and be asked to pay for 5 items. Im struggling to see why Im paying eircom for a service that works when it feels like it.

I have been trying to log a complaint since the 9th of November, without success.

While writing this, a gentleman named Niall rang me. The call got cut off and when I tried to ring back, I got through to an automated service.

Can anyone here help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Hi,

Just finished speaking with James from technical support, who confirmed yet another "fault in my area". On the 1st Feb, 3rd Feb, 24th Jan, 17th Jan and pretty much every second day for the month of December, there were also faults in my area. Kieran, the supervisor on duty this evening was unfortunately too busy to speak to me.

My issue is quite simple. Im rather fed up of paying for a service that works occasionally. I don't go to tesco, pick up an item, and be asked to pay for 5 items. Im struggling to see why Im paying eircom for a service that works when it feels like it.

I have been trying to log a complaint since the 9th of November, without success.

While writing this, a gentleman named Niall rang me. The call got cut off and when I tried to ring back, I got through to an automated service.

Can anyone here help?
    Hi Lucyfur
    Yes we can help with this. If you PM me with your line no we can get some information on this. I am afraid that some areas have been experiencing outstanding and repeat faults due to recent weather conditions. We are working to resolve these but regular storm warnings and difficulty in accessing some underground junctions is slowing down work.
    But PM me and we will do what we can here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi Tony,

Thanks for replying. I understand adverse weather conditions would cause problems, but weather conditions here are fairly mild.

Will PM you now.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for replying. I understand adverse weather conditions would cause problems, but weather conditions here are fairly mild.

Will PM you now.
    Thanks Lucy, I have your details now, thanks for taking my call and I will be in touch with you as promised.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Will PM you now.
    Hi Lucyfur
    Tech support have adjusted your profile which should reduce drops in service. Can you monitor your connection for next 48 hours and let me know if still an issue.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

That's great Tony. Thanks so much for your help :)

• Advertisement

That's great Tony. Thanks so much for your help :)
    Should be ok Lucyfur, but let me know.
    Tony

Advertisement