Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking i5 3570 on asrock z77 pro3

Options
  • 04-02-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have never overclocked before and i am looking to overclock my 3570k to 4.5ghz (thats what i'm thinking anyway). I don't know a whole lot about the overclocking world so a good guide or a link to one would be nice:). Heres the full spec of my pc.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i3/i5/i7 @ 3.40GHz 24 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    7.89 GB
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Pro3 (CPUSocket) 22 °C
    Graphics
    E2442 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Hard Drives
    977GB Seagate ST1000DM005 HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
    Optical Drives
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S ATA Device
    Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I wouldn't go much higher than 1.35v for a 3570k.

You should be able to get at least 4.3 - 4.6ghz with that depending on your airflow and quality of silicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I also have a Z77 board, along with an i5-3570k. Would I even need to change the voltages for a relatively small overclock to, say 4.0ghz?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I also have a Z77 board, along with an i5-3570k. Would I even need to change the voltages for a relatively small overclock to, say 4.0ghz?

Probably you can just bump up the multiplier and it will be stable at 4.0 or even a bit higher. But don't be fooled - the core voltage WILL be higher even if you didn't change any setting because the CPU itself can adjust the voltage level. Basically the CPU will raise the voltage as the multiplier goes up, to guarantee stable operation.

If you adjust the BIOS voltage settings, you can change that behavior to a fixed voltage (regardless of clock), or you can specify an offset voltage. With offset mode, the voltage is still adjusted by the CPU but your offset is added in on top. Most people can run with negative offsets at lower overclocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement