Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Termination and asking for job back

Options
  • 04-02-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    I had my contract terminated three weeks ago.
    The reason is I wasn't as participative as everyone else i.e.
    Everyone was asking questions except me.
    I wasnt given the chance to work on a project as we were in three months training, and the information we were been trained on I already knew. I had no reason to ask questions.

Should I write a letter to the MD(who we all met) asking can I have my job back.
    It was literally a series of unfortune events.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Although it wouldn't do any harm, I'd be astonished if you got your Job back.
    You were given the opportunity and then you appeared bored/disinterested/distracted/unenthusiastic at the on the job training. Why would they employ you?
    Other employees at the training probably knew as much if not more than you but they still participated because that's what you do.
    So its more to do with your attitude then your capacity to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'd say NO..
    Its done, learn and move on to the next thing which may well suit you better and be more rewarding..

I would really advise against going back under such circumstances, an unscrupulous manager would feel he had serious leverage ove you and it could be abused.

Also, have some pride.

Advertisement