Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record shops in Waterford

Options
  • 04-02-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering where I could pick up any vinyl records in the city, is it just Rainbow and Golden Discs for choice?

What are these shops like to begin with regards new releases?

Do Golden Discs even stock vinyl?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hi guys,

I was wondering where I could pick up any vinyl records in the city, is it just Rainbow and Golden Discs for choice?

Thanks in advance

I worked in Golden Discs over Christmas and no they don't stock vinyls, I'm not sure if Rainbow do. Good few people did ask for vinyls, mind, didn't expect much a demand for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i think rainbow records is closed down aswell,have passed a few times and the shop was shut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

rainbow records moved

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

where have they moved too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

They have moved up around Apache I think, I've always wanted to get into collecting records (love the idea of the artwork and booklets, buying digital music never really appealed to me) and am finally getting stuck into it, thanks for yer replies so far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KOTSC

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Besides rainbow records for vinyl, other places to find vinyl records that second hand bookshop down by munster express on the quay had vinyl records last time I went in there to my knowledge its still in there, other place to try the charity shop in tramore where xtra vision used to be some vinyl records up by the counter in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KOTSC

Down in parnell court where it used to be at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Apart from Golden Discs who don't stock vinyl, then it's Rainbow, but that is all 2nd hand vinyl and cd's, not new releases and the selection is poor. The closest for new releases is Ben O'Neill down in Dungarvan, shop is tiny and it's a mess but stock is not bad, or the happiest little record shop in the world, Rollercoaster Records in Kilkenny, which are really good. Both will order stuff in for you too if it's not in stock. Sadly since BPM closed, record shops in Waterford are practically non-existent. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

There is a shop a few doors down from the AIB on Michael st which I think is a book shop mainly but does stock some records. I can't remember the name of it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

There is a shop a few doors down from the AIB on Michael st which I think is a book shop mainly but does stock some records. I can't remember the name of it though!

Yes sorry forgot about that. The record part of the the shop is Wingnut, which is good, but it is only Irish independent band releases and not international releases. So again it's limited in it's stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Yes sorry forgot about that. The record part of the the shop is Wingnut, which is good, but it is only Irish independent band releases and not international releases. So again it's limited in it's stock.

* They sell my last 2 albums there :D

*shameless self promo

Thanks for all yer replies, I stopped into Rainbow this evening and it's all old stuff. I'll try Rollercoaster tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

old gregg wrote: »
    * They sell my last 2 albums there :D

*shameless self promo

Go on then give us the name of them?

I went to Rollercoaster today, it's a really cool little shop. They have a small collection of old and new stuff, but would order in anything for you. Well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Go on then give us the name of them?

the most recent CD is Berlin Alexanderplatz (about travels in Berlin and recorded live at 19 festivals around Europe) and the previous album is Noosa Sunrise (about travels in South East Queensland, Australia). Thanks for asking :)

Advertisement