Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your essential space related DVDs?

• 04-02-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I'd like to put together a small library of the best space related DVD documentaries. Can anyone suggest some that they have that hit the spot? I'd be using them at home but also in a senior primary school classroom.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Carl Sagans "Cosmos", cant go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Just search space documentary on YouTube, plenty to choose from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

NASAs greatest Missions is a great purchase 6 50 minute DVDs !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanusmaximus

Not sure how "Wonders of the Solar System" and "Wonders of the Universe" weren't mentioned. Two amazing series from BBC with Prof. Brian Cox. Stupidly amazing, far and above the greatest documentaries I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

"In the shadow of the moon." Really awesome so it is!
    And how could i forget "moon Machines" Oh man i loved that one. Focused on the tech end of things and sure how could they not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭space2ground1

No joy finding a region 2 copy of moon machines online. Sounds like its exactly what I'm after!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Worth a mention:

http://www.thegreatcourses.co.uk/tgc/professors/professor_detail.aspx?pid=257

The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries is on sale for £13.99

Both are well worth the purchase I must say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Some of the through the wormhole with morgan freeman episodes are worth a mention, i find them pretty interesting

Advertisement