Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankle Injury

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback/advice on an injury i've been having for a few weeks. Did the DCM in october and took a month off afterwards to recover (nothing wrong just took the time off). Started back training in december and took xmas off starting back running on new years day.

Went from 3 runs a week to 4 about mid january (mostly 5km runs with one 10km LSR)

in the last couple of weeks i have been having some pain on the outside of my ankle just below the ball of my ankle. it doesnt hurt while running at all but it is sore walking for a few days after. This week the pain after running has gotten worse (while still being fine while running).

Has anyone else had any issues like this? From reading about on the net it sounds like it could be a stress fracture but i have no experience of these so im not sure.

anyway, any and all help would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Best advice I can give is don't diagnose yourself from the internet as (like in this case) you tend to always veer to worst case scenario

Medical advice is against the forum charter for this very reason

Get it looked at by sports physio / therapist who will be able to do accurate assessments to diagnose it and treat it.

Best of luck with the recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭imknackered

Thanks Ecoli, i appreciate that medical advice is against the charter, im headed to get it checked out tomorrow but just wanted to see if any other runners had suffered similar and what their experiences were?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Thanks Ecoli, i appreciate that medical advice is against the charter, im headed to get it checked out tomorrow but just wanted to see if any other runners had suffered similar and what their experiences were?

As per ecoli's comment on self-diagnosis, an additional risk with this is that if you self diagnose (this is my experience) through forums or internet or whatever......and you go into a physio and say this is what I think it is, then maybe that is what the physio treats.....

You want to me sure when you see that physio that you are telling them you don't know what it is, and you want them to tell you what it is......as opposed to going in what a preconceived idea yourself.

Advertisement