Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't see the hassle in making the bids public. The manager has clearly put out a public "come and get them" message and if the manager makes such bids public, then that's his choice. Don't see why anyone would get annoyed with a manager trying to get the best deal for themselves by making bids public.

Anyway, I max bid on Chico but wouldn't have enough now to go for multiple players. I'd like CB cover more than left back, hence why I went for him over the other guy to start off with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wouldn't bother me if my bid was made public but I suppose they were made as undisclosed bids and maybe should be kept that way or atleast tell bidders before hand that bids will be public, like the Bale deal, if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother me if my bid was made public but I suppose they were made as undisclosed bids and maybe should be kept that way or atleast tell bidders before hand that bids will be public, like the Bale deal, if I remember correctly

I have no problem if someone is going to make bids public, as I know then I have no interest in trying to buy the player.

Yeah I can get you want to maximise the cash, but theres something very annoying about having each and every counter bid put up, for me personally it feels like my time and effort is simply being used to generate a bidding war.

I guess part of the excitement of the bidding process is you may pip another team with a better offer and they don't know until you have them, where as public offers or player auctions as I call em simply mean if you max bid and it's made public your fecked cause another team know exactly how they can better you if they have more money.

For the record whenever I'm selling I never tell anyone else what the competitor are bidding, just seems a tad bad form, this is just my own feelings however.

If I get multiple bids and some aren't up to scratch to the competition I simply make a counter offer with what I think is fair and if they reject I simple keep counter bidding and negotiating until I get a deal I'm happy with.
    I'm not directing this at you Malaga manager, just in general I'm talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads the owner of the player when transfer lusting them can "make all bid's public" if he wishs it's apart of the game. If you intentionally try and low ball your first bid looking for a counter offer maybe pm the bid but allways beware the owner can make the bids public on here aswelk as sm if he wants too use it too get himself a higher fee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

For the record whenever I'm selling I never tell anyone else what the competitor are bidding, just seems a tad bad form, this is just my own feelings however.

If I get multiple bids and some aren't up to scratch to the competition I simply make a counter offer with what I think is fair and if they reject I simple keep counter bidding and negotiating until I get a deal I'm happy with.
    I'm not directing this at you Malaga manager, just in general I'm talking.

Exactly. Again, it was just my opinion and not having a pop at Danger781 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

another day another controversy :rolleyes:

Its true what they say about new-cycles!

The other side though is if...

Club A bids 10m
    Club B bids 11m

Personally, I'd rather said bids were made public cause if I'm club A and I learn I miss out by such a little amount and I wasn't given the chance to better my bid, I'd be incredibly frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    another day another controversy :rolleyes:

Its true what they say about new-cycles!

Doesn't bother me, neutral for once!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Personally, I'd rather said bids were made public cause if I'm club A and I learn I miss out by such a little amount and I wasn't given the chance to better my bid, I'd be incredibly frustrated.

This.

If I'm bidding on a player, and I know what the max bid is, I can then decide whether I want to compete or move on. Next time I won't list the clubs, I'll just reveal the highest bid. If someone really doesn't want their bid revealed at all under any circumstances, then feel free to pm me along with the bid. I'm against this undisclosed crap, but that's just me.

Anyway, I rejected the De Ceglie offer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Danger781 wrote: »
    Update on bids...

All cash offers so far :)

I'm surprised there's not more interest in Paolo DE CEGLIE.. People always seem to be looking for a LB, now there's an 88 ranked one available, and I got one bid..
    Valencia have made an offer to Málaga CF for Paolo DE CEGLIE of 5,000,000.
    I'd throw something at De Ceglie if I had cash but I don't

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I'd also do a swap deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, good player on the market and little.in the way of interest??

Surprising...

If.I had cash I'd be in on him for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Cannot believe you made my bid public!!!

Now everyone knows I'm a cheapskate

;)

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Cannot believe you made my bid public!!!

Now everyone knows I'm a cheapskate

;)

Up your offer so! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Threw in an offer there for De Ceglie!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

"You have unlocked a new achievement
    Corner (Level 2)Have 18 or more corners"

Super stuff that! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Srna 91

Ronaldinho 90 [want him after a previous positive experience]

Morata 87 Real madrid.

For Rossi,

Im happy i feel it will keep me up and morata is a cert to rise,he will be one of the best in europe... Thoughts on the deal lads? im aware some might think im mad.

Definitely leaves you stronger now. And Morata should be a solid riser for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Srna 91

Ronaldinho 90 [want him after a previous positive experience]

Morata 87 Real madrid.

For Rossi,

Im happy i feel it will keep me up and morata is a cert to rise,he will be one of the best in europe... Thoughts on the deal lads? im aware some might think im mad.

Great deal for you.
    Srna should at least hold 90 for a good while.
    Ronaldinho has been tearing it up in Brazil so he should keep his rating.

But imo you're a bit off on your valuation of Morata. Par the Euro U21's he's been very average and I doubt he'll make it at Madrid.

Edit: Funnily enough I sold both Ronaldinho & Morata to Shakhtarr :V

Definitely leaves you stronger now. And Morata should be a solid riser for you :)

Thanks man i needed to hear that ;) (Waits for a spiteful swoody to beat me down) :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But imo you're a bit off on your valuation of Morata. Par the Euro U21's he's been very average and I doubt he'll make it at Madrid.

I know,but if he leaves madrid he will be going to pool or arsenal.wenger tried to negotiate a deal for him deadline day. im opitimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I know,but if he leaves madrid he will be going to pool or arsenal.wenger tried to negotiate a deal for him deadline day. im opitimistic.

He won't be going to Arsenal.
    We were only interested in a loan move at the time.

His best chance of rising is to leave Madrid and get game time as a starter.
    Also I've sent you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anyone else selling a striker over 90?

Looking to upgrade, I can offer Sow + 30m depending on the player

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He won't be going to Arsenal.
    We were only interested in a loan move at the time.

His best chance of rising is to leave Madrid and get game time as a starter.
    Also I've sent you a pm

I havent even seen the pm,but i can already tell you the answer is NO!!! :D

Anyone else selling a striker over 90?

Looking to upgrade, I can offer Sow + 30m depending on the player

Bejaysus Sow must feel loved with a manager like you!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Great deal for you I reckon.
    Improves your team, and like TSC said Morata is only going one direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bejaysus Sow must feel loved with a manager like you!! :D

I'd keep him but it probably won't be until the summer when he gets a big move in real life to get a rating increase and I'd rather get a higher rated player in now than wait

I'm thrilled Hernandez somehow escaped a drop down (at least during the major PL review that just took place). Was scared he'd drop from 91 given he's played about 60 seconds of gametime this season :P Hoping at this stage, he might retain it till the summer, and if he moves, he should keep it ok.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Great deal for you I reckon.
    Improves your team, and like TSC said Morata is only going one direction.

Yeah it takes a 33 year old 88DC out of my team too,I had ronaldinho in the good league and he was on fire im hoping he still is....Think this deal could of won me the championship...... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Another deal that leaves both sides happy.
    Can only be a good thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement