Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

1-1 vs Juvi.

Take it, considering Xavi and Mkhitaryan were out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beat Villa 2-1 to move three points clear at the top of D2. Got to ride this good form as long as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against fierce rivals Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear Derby.
    Newcastle United beat Sunderland 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Thiago scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Rafinha was also on the scoresheet for his side

Pity a certain poster is banned:D Only one team in the North East

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Internazionale beat AZ 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Nagatomo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Milner was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Unbeaten in 5, the new younger Inter Milan Revolution continues!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Leaking goals at the moment!!
    RCD Espanyol slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Celtic in their Division 4 fixture.
    Valdez was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Olympique Lyonnais.
    US Palermo outclassed Olympique Lyonnais and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Viviano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Valbuena and Koscielny were amongst the goalscorers.

Bloody 7 yellow cards in that match!! :pac:

I was missing Castan so i'm surprised at not conceding. Up to joint 2nd which is great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Beat Villa 2-1 to move three points clear at the top of D2. Got to ride this good form as long as I can.

Should have won by more judging by the stats...Fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gettin real sick of you Soccer Manager... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Gettin real sick of you Soccer Manager... :mad:

bad tradesman always blames the match engine :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    bad tradesman always blames the match engine :D

I'm doing what I say to others not to do and thatis change tactics. Gonna change one last time to defensive and leave it at that. Gonna stop making so many subs during the match too.

To be honest, I'm at a loss and already starting to think of next season :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Bloody 7 yellow cards in that match!! :pac:

I was missing Castan so i'm surprised at not conceding. Up to joint 2nd which is great! :)

Here we go again, your lads must be awful depressed if you have to keep doing this...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Athletic Club outclassed Galatasaray SK and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Eto\'o scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Susaeta was also on the scoresheet for his side

Can be dodgy against unmanaged teams so very happy with this, I'm now in second, just second, not joint second but on my own in second....isn't that right Blobby? :D;):P

Here we go again, your lads must be awful depressed if you have to keep doing this...:D

They're a mess!!
    I found Maggio in sitting the corner crying because he thought he was being sold :(

He totally is.. But he doesn't need to know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Diego Forlan (89) is available for anyone interested. I'd take a decent 88 or even an youngish 87 with good potential.

Werder Bremen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Tommy Cahir earned a draw with AS Roma against Everton.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between AS Roma and Everton in their Division 2 fixture.
    Gómez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lamela was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another great display by Gomez since his arrival but have to think I was somewhat lucky with the draw 2 shots on target and 2 goals.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I have 2 players with concerns and both want one-off payments of 1 million and a pay raise. I asked before about this situation when it was only 1 player. Now another one has concerns. He says he's not getting enough games but sure I cant play every player every game! I don't have enough in the bank to give them their payments. It's a bit cheeky of them I think. They are both getting appearances now and again, one is actually in my first team while the other is among my subs. Will either of them ease their concerns with this or will they stay concerned? What are my best options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I have 2 players with concerns and both want one-off payments of 1 million and a pay raise. I asked before about this situation when it was only 1 player. Now another one has concerns. He says he's not getting enough games but sure I cant play every player every game! I don't have enough in the bank to give them their payments. It's a bit cheeky of them I think. They are both getting appearances now and again, one is actually in my first team while the other is among my subs. Will either of them ease their concerns with this or will they stay concerned? What are my best options?

If the sub comes on in every game his concerns should eventually come down. If you keep the other fella playing his concerns will go down. Only risk is if you took the team over while they already had concerns so are already too far down the line to be reversed.

It's a dumb rule, designed to stop certain managers from hoarding all the good players. Doesn't really work. There's a fella in Gold1 who has pretty much all the best players in that game world. In a game world where you cannot buy good players for love nor money he has:
    MESSI, Lionel 99
    RONALDO, Cristiano 98
    INIESTA, Andrés 97
    BUSQUETS, Sergio 95
    ALONSO, Xabi 95
    SILVA, Thiago 95
    PIQUÉ, Gerard 95
    RAMOS, Sergio 95
    LEWANDOWSKI, Robert 94
    HIGUAÍN, Gonzalo 94
    AGÜERO, Sergio 94
    ROONEY, Wayne 94
    BALE, Gareth 94
    ALVES, Dani 94
    DE ROSSI, Daniele 94
    CHIELLINI, Giorgio 94
    BUFFON, Gianluigi 94
    TÉVEZ, Carlos 93
    GÖTZE, Mario 93
    MATA, Juan 93
    MARCELO, Vieira 93
    CAZORLA, Santi 92
    BONUCCI, Leonardo 92
    HART, Joe 92
    KOKE, Jorge 91
    CABAYE, Yohan 91
    MATIĆ, Nemanja 91
    CALLEJÓN, José 90
    AUBAMEYANG, Pierre-Emerick 90
    MAICON, Douglas 90

He also has 77 players out on loan, 17 of which are rated 90-92

Word on the street is that SM actually introduced the concerns rule to stop this guy from hoarding everyone in Gold1. If that's true they have failed. All he does is rotate them around then he lets them get to Level4 concerns before paying them off. Dumb rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Thanks for the advice Baz. Thing is, the sub doesn't come on every game and the other guy is getting games since he became concerned. Whatever happens I will not give either of them their payment as I can't afford to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Blondie919 wrote: »

Gargano is one of your best players so he needs to play 85% of the games, thats 9 games by matchday 10 and 18 by matchday 22. the next concerns check is matchday 32 and he'll need to of played 28 games.

Jussie needs to play 75% of the matches given he's a sub.... thats 8, 17 and 24 games he needs to play.

most of the time if your close to these numbers they dont complain.... ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Cruzeiro.
    Estudiantes beat Cruzeiro 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Hoilett scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Wendt was also on the scoresheet for his side.

What a vital away win against a side level on points with ourselves before kick off. The win also helps keep us in touch with Athletic Club de Bilbao in that automatic promotion spot, should we ever dare to start dreaming!

Nice to see my main man Hoilett continuing on from the last match. Now would be the perfect time for him to really find his scoring touch again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

It seems the concern 5 transfer listing is pointless because the manager still has to accept a deal.

It seems the concern 5 transfer listing is pointless because the manager still has to accept a deal.

Nope. Once it goes to 5 it's out of the manager's hands and is managed by the chairman. He accepts the deal on the club's behalf. The best deal obvs. In another twist, if you bid for such a deal and it's accepted you can't pull out. The chairmen decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

bazarakus wrote: »
    Nope. Once it goes to 5 it's out of the manager's hands and is managed by the chairman. He accepts the deal on the club's behalf. The best deal obvs. In another twist, if you bid for such a deal and it's accepted you can't pull out. The chairmen decide!

Any idea how long it takes for the chairman to do the deal? I bid on a guy days ago and still nothing.

Any idea how long it takes for the chairman to do the deal? I bid on a guy days ago and still nothing.

Takes ages I'm afraid. They really draw it out. Have many bid? I tink each bid adds x amount of hours onto the decision process. Whole process will prob take 3-4 days, mayhap more ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

bazarakus wrote: »
    Takes ages I'm afraid. They really draw it out. Have many bid? I tink each bid adds x amount of hours onto the decision process. Whole process will prob take 3-4 days, mayhap more ...

I may have just bid for said player also.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

With nearly 3 seasons down now and many of us here from the start or near the start how many people can see themselves playing for another 3 seasons? Or how are people feeling about the game at the moment?

With nearly 3 seasons down now and many of us here from the start or near the start how many people can see themselves playing for another 3 seasons? Or how are people feeling about the game at the moment?

I can see myself staying.
    Apart from the hissy fits (Which are always funny) its gotten a lot better since the start.

With a few rule changes I think it'll become even better.

I think I'll still be here, probably in div 2 the way results are going :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im a little bid addicted to the game so ....

Cant see myself quitting it anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I had planned to retire after this season but I shall see when seasons over how I feel.
    It is very addictive but nothing can last forever
    unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement