Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against Schalke.
    Aston Villa beat Schalke 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Gilardino scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Defoe and Holtby were also amongst the goalscorers.

Back up to 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Isnt it nice that as a Belgian manager, I can keep Januzaj at Porto with him declaring for Belgium in RL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

A draw last night and another step closer to Div 2. It's been a long season.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I fancy swoody for division title too.

ahem ... :p

Didn't think I'd be still in the shake up with 10 games to go ... I'm starting to fancy Chelsea's chances now. Top 4 would be great just to get my hands on SMFA cup money next season. Real still look like the team to beat though

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Isnt it nice that as a Belgian manager, I can keep Januzaj at Porto with him declaring for Belgium in RL :D

To bad I'm not giving him back....To show im serious I had banega break his arm. If you refuse it'll be his legs next. You wouldn't want that on your conscience would you???:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi guys

Ive been playing around 2 months iirc in DIV4 with Marseille. Im a complete noob to the game but ive been getting slowly familar with how the game works since starting. I have been using tactics similar to FM in teh way Ive been playing.

Havent seen any consistancy in the way my team have been playing, and was wondering if there was any good tutorial guides available for the game online, in relation to playing teh game and getting at least moderate success?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Quick question I made a part ex bid on a player ages go in a different GW when I had cash. It has now been accepted but I have a minus balance now. Should it go through as no money is involved just players or will it get rejected? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It won't go through, how would it when you can't give the money required?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi guys

Ive been playing around 2 months iirc in DIV4 with Marseille. Im a complete noob to the game but ive been getting slowly familar with how the game works since starting. I have been using tactics similar to FM in teh way Ive been playing.

Havent seen any consistancy in the way my team have been playing, and was wondering if there was any good tutorial guides available for the game online, in relation to playing teh game and getting at least moderate success?

Have you checked the soccermanager forum? Good stuff on there about tactics and players! well worth a look. The counter formations page and help with deals is pretty decent reading!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

There is no money involved in the deal its 2 players for one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

gerp99 wrote: »
    Quick question I made a part ex bid on a player ages go in a different GW when I had cash. It has now been accepted but I have a minus balance now. Should it go through as no money is involved just players or will it get rejected? :)

Good question this actually. Think it happened to me ages ago in another GW, but at that stage I didn't want the deal to do through so cancelled it. Would be interested to know for the future though!
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »

The money required is 0 though. So technically he can give 0. Depends if SM recognizes a minus balance as less than 0.

Sorry, misread. No idea

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Good question this actually. Think it happened to me ages ago in another GW, but at that stage I didn't want the deal to do through so cancelled it. Would be interested to know for the future though!

Well I will find out at 12 tonight! hope it goes through as it is a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

gerp99 wrote: »
    Well I will find out at 12 tonight! hope it goes through as it is a good deal!

You need to have money in the bank, if your 1 cent in the red then the deal won't go through even if there's no cash involved ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

swoody wrote: »
    You need to have money in the bank, if your 1 cent in the red then the deal won't go through even if there's no cash involved ;)

Ah swoody. There you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looking to sell Valbuena when his ban is up. Willing to offer Valbuena + cash (Up to 30M) for a young 91+
    Or a young 90 (under 25yrs) for a straight swap.

PD1tlKT.jpg?1?8718

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In the Market for a right sided midfielder 89 or over.

Also selling Benoit Assou Ekotto LB 88 Aged 30.

Im O.M in div 4

Ah swoody. There you are!

Y? R ya lookin 4 me or somit?

Have ya finally come to your senses and decided to sell Marco Reus to me ;)

Oh sugar..... Just turned on SSN. :(

RIP Tito

Y? R ya lookin 4 me or somit?

Have ya finally come to your senses and decided to sell Marco Reus to me ;)
    Ha ha ha when Marco Reus and Klopp work at United in real life we'll do a deal here 😉

• Advertisement

Oh sugar..... Just turned on SSN. :(

RIP Tito

Yep, just spotted it on FB :(

Ha ha ha when Marco Reus and Klopp work at United in real life we'll do a deal here 😉

I don't think they're good enough for Wilton United... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

That's tragic for a man only 45 to die like that.
    I hate that bastard of a disease.

I don't think they're good enough for Wilton United... :D

Wilton united would still be ****e even with those two ha ha ha you have affiliation too them??

Wilton united would still be ****e even with those two ha ha ha you have affiliation too them??

Played for them many moons ago as an attacking midfielder and i played in goal when the actual keepers didn't bother turning up for the matches.

Cisse up for sale, 1 bid in,if ye want in make an offer, deal to be done tonight so I won't let it drag out.

2 bids in any more offers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

BREAKING NEWS

Willow Murphy has stepped down as the Republic of Ireland manager. The announcement was made shortly after the team's disappointing 2-1 home defeat to Tunisia. The result leaves them bottom of their group with little or no hope of qualifying for the finals. This has been Willow's third successive failed attempt at qualifying and thus pressure was starting to mount up, especially as the supporters grew more and more impatient with the teams apparent inept performances on the pitch.

Willow, in his brief statement, gave the reasons why he made this decision:

"I just think the team could do with a change in order to bring new and fresh ideas into the dressing room. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I honestly think it was still a success. I felt we were very unlucky to miss out on the finals last season, and we had been playing some very good football up until recently. But sometimes things need to change and I feel now is the time to get a new man to take charge. It's true we haven't done as well as we perhaps should have so far this season but there's no reason to fear for the future. I have absolutely no doubt that the next manager can go on and finally deliver a place in the finals that this team truly deserves."

Inter get cisse!

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS

Willow Murphy has stepped down as the Republic of Ireland manager. The announcement was made shortly after the team's disappointing 2-1 home defeat to Tunisia. The result leaves them bottom of their group with little or no hope of qualifying for the finals. This has been Willow's third successive failed attempt at qualifying and thus pressure was starting to mount up, especially as the supporters grew more and more impatient with the teams apparent inept performances on the pitch.

Willow, in his brief statement, gave the reasons why he made this decision:

"I just think the team could do with a change in order to bring new and fresh ideas into the dressing room. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I honestly think it was still a success. I felt we were very unlucky to miss out on the finals last season, and we had been playing some very good football up until recently. But sometimes things need to change and I feel now is the time to get a new man to take charge. It's true we haven't done as well as we perhaps should have so far this season but there's no reason to fear for the future. I have absolutely no doubt that the next manager can go on and finally deliver a place in the finals that this team truly deserves."
    There's bigger teams out there kid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement