Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

3 first teamers including 2 of my normal back 3 being goosed and needing the night off means we weren't as tight at the back as we should have been and as a result shipped 2 goals to a much weaker side and could score enough to compensate despite having more possession and shots.

Dzeko can't make his debut quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Decent 1-0 win over Juve, happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm having one SHIÌTE season!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

With 9 games left its squeaky bum time at the top of division 1. I maybe top but I have no confidence in soccermanager letting me win 2 seasons in a row so unless we all fall apart the div 1 champions will be either

Chelsea tottenham or juventus

• Advertisement

With 9 games left its squeaky bum time at the top of division 1. I maybe top but I have no confidence in soccermanager letting me win 2 seasons in a row so unless we all fall apart the div 1 champions will be either

I'm going to win.

:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have rises and dips in form so not worrying about winning the league. Top 4 would be a big improvement on last season and I would be thrilled with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

and the mind games begin .. or continue .. :D

Next up for Chelsea .. Bayern.

If I drop points, and looks Bayern have turned the corner after the Juve win, then 4 to 6 points at this stage of the season is a handy lead to have for Real

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

I have rises and dips in form so not worrying about winning the league. Top 4 would be a big improvement on last season and I would be thrilled with it. :D

Would be happy with top 4 too. Looking at Real and Bayern line ups, I don't think any Chelsea player would even make their first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lost 1-0 to the unmanaged L.A. Galaxy with the mighty Robbie Keane scoring.

I always have no luck against unmanaged sides and so put a decent bit of time into researching their results and what formation to use, a lot of good that did me :) .

I would say they had one eye on the Cup Final tomorrow, but sure the reserves/kids are being used there.

Ahh well, off to the dry cleaners to pick up my suit.

• Advertisement

Ahh well, off to the dry cleaners to pick up my suit.

Ask eireannBEAR for his. He won't need it again ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Any interest in Guarin no? 90 rated....

and the mind games begin .. or continue .. :D

Next up for Chelsea .. Bayern.

If I drop points, and looks Bayern have turned the corner after the Juve win, then 4 to 6 points at this stage of the season is a handy lead to have for Real

Don't worry, the game is trolling me.

"lets let him win one so he thinks he's still in with a chance... Mwahahaha..."

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

wish the game was trolling me like that ... one win every so often should see me safe in D1 for another season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

The Gunns steered Ajax to victory against Everton.
    Ajax beat Everton 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Vermeer had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Schone and Eriksen were amongst the goalscorers.

Just short of the play offs now, would hopefully get in there soon!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ask eireannBEAR for his. He won't need it again ha ha

He was nice enough to invite me around after the semi final to acquaint myself with the trophy, being the underdog I think he would like to pass it on to me, as much as it will kill him to pass it on to anybody.

I was supposed to try on his suit but I got scared off and left as soon as I could.

He had this room (Reminded me of that guy from father ted with the nazi memorabilia) full of cup regalia. A desk in the corner with a laptop constantly replaying the game and the desk calender never ripped off past that date he won it, the eerie thing being the quote of the day on the calendar was 'It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.'

Rumour is he spends more time in there than with the team which explains a lot this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Is anyone selling 89/90 rated FC? Need one sharpish, don't have any cash so must be p/e - please let me know

Is anyone selling 89/90 rated FC? Need one sharpish, don't have any cash so must be p/e - please let me know

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Problem solved!!

Athletic Club have made an offer to Sunderland for Alejandro GÓMEZ of 1,000,000 plus Mikel SAN JOSÉ .

The offer for Alejandro GÓMEZ of Sunderland from Athletic Club has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've just noticed I've had a couple of players get a change in a recent ratings report.

Nakhi Wells is bumped up to an 83 from and 80, and not before time if I'm honest. If he keeps going the way he's going now he could get another bump up. Especially if his form carries into next season!

Also, although not a ratings change, Sung-Yeung Ki get's a nice positional chance that sees him now able to play as a central attacking midfielder. It pretty much confirms N'Zonzi's fate as our first choice defensive midfielder with Ki playing alongside Giggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've just noticed I've had a couple of players get a change in a recent ratings report.

Nakhi Wells is bumped up to an 83 from and 80, and not before time if I'm honest. If he keeps going the way he's going now he could get another bump up. Especially if his form carries into next season!

Also, although not a ratings change, Sung-Yeung Ki get's a nice positional chance that sees him now able to play as a central attacking midfielder. It pretty much confirms N'Zonzi's fate as our first choice defensive midfielder with Ki playing alongside Giggs.

He's going to be great I think. Was watching out for him and then let it slip my mind, you did well to pick him up.

Anyone selling s 91+ RB, have players and cash

Looking for 2 89 rated players or 90 rated player in exchange for Guarin

Had some decent offers and after a bit of advice, realised I should have been asking for more!

Keep bidding!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Anyone selling s 91+ RB, have players and cash

Take a look at Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nakhi Wells is bumped up to an 83 from and 80, and not before time if I'm honest.

Balls, tried to sign this guy as a 75, the day I bid he got bumped to 76 so signed him anyway. Kept him for ages hoping for a decent rise but only got up to 79 so I got impatient and sold him! Since I sold him he's risen twice again :mad:

Having a bit of a clearout as I've too many 88 rated players now!

As you know, Guarin (90) is for sale, DM, M, AM(C)

Biabiany (88) also for sale, AM, F(RL)

Arouca (88) for sale , DM, M(C)

Will include 2 players in a deal for a higher rated player

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Xavi transfer listed in a "test the waters" way. Probably want to hold off on a deal till the end of the season, but doesn't mean we couldn't open up negotiations now ;)

Even with his age, he is still rated 96 and won't be getting a -7 to drop him below his 90 rating so would want a decent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Wells is a good player but you're looking at a minimum of three more years before he is bumped up to a rating that he can be used and will we still be playing then?

You can sell him on I suppose.

• Advertisement

Well fcuk me I did it in style.

Genoa CFC have won the The Boards.ie League Cup!

Briano McDermotini has guided Genoa CFC to a The Boards.ie League Cup Final win against Dynamo Kyiv!!

Genoa CFC deserved to beat Dynamo Kyiv 5 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement