Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Will many be watching the khan and mayweather fights tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Eto'o is for sale - that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Will many be watching the khan and mayweather fights tonight?

didnt even know they were fighting eachother ... where/how/what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    didnt even know they were fighting eachother ... where/how/what time?

They're not fighting each other :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    They're not fighting each other :(.

Yet!

Doubt either fight would be worth staying up for, heard there expected between 3:30 & 4:30 am?

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Yet!

Doubt either fight would be worth staying up for, heard there expected between 3:30 & 4:30 am?

Ya khan should beat collazo easily and mayweather should beat maidana handy but its such a spectacle when mayweather fights you just have to watch it.:)

Khan fight should get going at around 3.15am or there about and mayweather will be 4.30 absolute earliest id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

SSC Napoli would like to announce their latest signing...An agreement has been reached to bring Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka to the club. Roberto Soldado and Callum Chambers will head the other way along with Herman Stengal...

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    SSC Napoli would like to announce their latest signing...An agreement has been reached to bring Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka to the club. Roberto Soldado and Callum Chambers will head the other way along with Herman Stengal...

Damn .... so my recently placed bid ... is ... well ... misplaced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Damn .... so my recently placed bid ... is ... well ... misplaced

Serves ya right for nabbing Morata on me!!!...:D:D

Serves ya right for nabbing Morata on me!!!...:D:D

Oh, were you interested in him too? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You're trading a 91 and a highly rated 81 for an 88?

Are you mental?

Seaneh wrote: »

Are you mental?

Each to their own I say ...

my recent deal was a 91(Jovetic) for an 87(Morata) and an 80(Some kid) with some cash(8m).

Imo this is where 'SMFA monitoring off' allows teams to do deals they considered fair or so they can get a player they desire.

my recent deal was a 91(Jovetic) for an 87(Morata) and an 80(Some kid) with some cash(8m).

Imo this is where 'SMFA monitoring off' allows teams to do deals they considered fair or so they can get a player they desire.

I didn't say it wasn't fair, if you two want to mug yourselves be my guest.

Are you mental?

In his defence Soldado will drop to 90 and probably won't rise again.
    Also Xhaka will be huge next season and is one of the best young players in the bundesliga and will probably be a 89* next season.

Also Xhaka will be huge next season and is one of the best young players in the bundesliga and will probably be a 89* next season.

Who is Xhaka signing for?

Who is Xhaka signing for?

He's not as far as i know.
    But he's currently at Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Really ... from the man who moved on Matic just before his RL move to chelsea?

Not saying my record on transfer descisions is clean but ... they are MY descisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

an 80(Some kid)

You don't deserve Rugani with talk like that :mad:

Really ... from the man who moved on Matic just before his RL move to chelsea?

Not saying my record on transfer descisions is clean but ... they are MY descisions

I swapped a 90 and got a 90 and an 89 in return.

Seems good business from where I'm standing.

You don't deserve Rugani with talk like that :mad:

:)

My point was id have done the deal even witbout him, but i did read up on him and liked what i was reading so twas a bonus to be offered him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Exactly this.

I didn't want to get rid of Xhaka at all, and the conversation revolved around this exact point. Soldado has badly damaged his reputation this season. He may even be sold over the summer, in either event I think he at best will hold 91, but may well end up at 90.

Xhaka on the other hand is one of the best young players in Europe, has been linked constantly with Liverpool as a replacement for Gerrard and I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in the EPL next season.

With all that considered, I wanted a player who had development potential to allow for the dropping of Soldado and inevitable rising of Xhaka and Chambers fit the bill.

Well actually, I wanted Shaw but that was clearly a step too far :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Existing ratings are only one part of consideration in any deal, the overall potential and likely rating changes as well as the relative importance to either squad and formation are also important.

Clearly, we're both happy with this deal and therefore it's a good one. People making decisions based purely on rating on any given day are making mistakes imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Iago wrote: »
    Exactly this.

I didn't want to get rid of Xhaka at all, and the conversation revolved around this exact point. Soldado has badly damaged his reputation this season. He may even be sold over the summer, in either event I think he at best will hold 91, but may well end up at 90.

Xhaka on the other hand is one of the best young players in Europe, has been linked constantly with Liverpool as a replacement for Gerrard and I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in the EPL next season.

With all that considered, I wanted a player who had development potential to allow for the dropping of Soldado and inevitable rising of Xhaka and Chambers fit the bill.

Well actually, I wanted Shaw but that was clearly a step too far :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Existing ratings are only one part of consideration in any deal, the overall potential and likely rating changes as well as the relative importance to either squad and formation are also important.

Clearly, we're both happy with this deal and therefore it's a good one. People making decisions based purely on rating on any given day are making mistakes imho.

Great reply!

Cant believe 3 seasons in when we cant fill all the teams that experienced players are judging and bickering about peoples transfers trying to make them feel stupid on a public forum its a form of bullying in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cant believe 3 seasons in when we cant fill all the teams that experienced players are judging and bickering about peoples transfers trying to make them feel stupid on a public forum its a form of bullying in my opinion.

While I agree a transfer is the business of the two teams involved, the thread is here for discussion of all things involving SM and people have different opinions on transfers. If the two teams are happy then brilliant, but others should be allowed have an opinion on a transfer, good or bad, without being branded a bully

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    While I agree a transfer is the business of the two teams involved, the thread is here for discussion of all things involving SM and people have different opinions on transfers. If the two teams are happy then brilliant, but others should be allowed have an opinion on a transfer, good or bad, without being branded a bully

Maybe so but alot of people have gave up on the thread due to being made feel uncomfortable and that wouldnt be accepted in any other thread on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Maybe so but alot of people have gave up on the thread due to being made feel uncomfortable and that wouldnt be accepted in any other thread on boards.ie

It would depend on the situation I'd imagine. If someone feels they are being bullied then simply report it and let the mods deal with it, they have the ability to look at the situation with no bias. Bullying is not taken lightly on boards

I sent a PM to the FC Twente manager and told him people were interested in taking over his team. He messaged me back saying he didn't know how to quit so he just left them be.

Anyway FC Twente are now free.

Great result for me tonight to keep me in the mixup for promotion.

Tight at the top with 3 points separating 1st and 6th!
    José Seaninho steered SL Benfica to victory against Barcelona.
    SL Benfica beat Barcelona 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Džeko scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kaká was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Down to ten men after 30 mins.

James Mcconville steered Hamburger SV to victory against Shakhtar Donetsk.
    Hamburger SV beat Shakhtar Donetsk 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Adler had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Navas, Szalai and Eremenko were amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Athletic Club outclassed Estudiantes and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Toivonen and Susaeta were amongst the goalscorers.

Last gasp free kick from the man Susaeta, and Tupac took points of Anzhi, I'm only a little horse but I might just make it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement