Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Down to 7th when a win would have had me in third :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KERSPLAT! ! steered Bayern München to victory against Paris Saint-Germain.
    Bayern München beat Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Higuaín scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ribéry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Happy out. Moves me up to 6th and getting my form back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

A draw means my chances of the play offs are now quite slim, playing some of the sides above me though so still a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Well played Hamburg.

Not sure what the **** happened there.

United v Liverpool 6-4 :D

Johnny Evans with a hat trick!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    United v Liverpool 6-4 :D

Johnny Evans with a hat trick!! :pac:

Confirmation that the game engine is completely broken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Palmeiras are back in the playoff positions! 2-1 win against Lyon. Thanks to my playoff rival Cruziero for Ya Konan. He gets an assist or goal in every game :)

EDIT: Playing Cruziero next I see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Well played Hamburg.

Not sure what the **** happened there.

Neither am I but I'll take it and my sending off wasn't down to a bad challenge just load mouth defender and the ref not taking any guf, still in the hunt for a playoff maybe potential automatic promotion as lots of the top 8 are playing each other in the final matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Change of formation and a 4-2 win against the bottom club,

Big confidence booster for me as the club is unmanaged!

Stops a run of 3 straight league defeats to relight my play off hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Athletic Club outclassed Estudiantes and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Toivonen and Susaeta were amongst the goalscorers.

Last gasp free kick from the man Susaeta, and Tupac took points of Anzhi, I'm only a little horse but I might just make it

Toivonen already playing better for you than he did for me! Sau got man of the match for me there too without actually doing anything.... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Galatasaray SK.
    US Palermo outclassed Galatasaray SK and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Balotelli scored the winner for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A win that keeps me in the hunt for 1st. Next weeks game between Athletic Club & US Palermo is a huge game and will probably decide who comes 2nd.

Also in only 12 games Balotelli is top of the average performance table in Div3 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

JamboMac wrote: »
    Neither am I but I'll take it and my sending off wasn't down to a bad challenge just load mouth defender and the ref not taking any guf, still in the hunt for a playoff maybe potential automatic promotion as lots of the top 8 are playing each other in the final matches.

It would be some fairytale for hamburg to go from division 4 to division 1.

I do miss my beloved hamburgers:)

It would be some fairytale for hamburg to go from division 4 to division 1.

I do miss my beloved hamburgers:)

Hopefully that dream can become a reality;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

a thing of beauty **insert teary-eyed smilie!**
    Sir Bobby Robson steered FC Porto to victory against Atlético Madrid.

FC Porto beat Atlético Madrid 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ahamada had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Benteke and Lescott were amongst the goalscorers.

Morata with an assist on his debut :)

First win in 10 competetive games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

A draw sees me 3 points off 2nd in division 4, might even get automatic promotion if we can push on.

What's even more interesting is my ex club FC Basel who spent a good while mangerless this season are 3rd :eek:

Colemania wrote: »
    Toivonen already playing better for you than he did for me! Sau got man of the match for me there too without actually doing anything.... :P

Don't tell Perrin!! He wasn't too bad for me either, but for some reason he was awful muck playing for Flamengo in Div 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Lost to Milan...Any chance i can have Soldado back on loan.??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Lost to Milan...Any chance i can have Soldado back on loan.??

Considering I had 16 shots, 11 on target and still only drew 1-1...yes, you're welcome to him :)

Unbeaten in 21 in all competitions, but 11 draws. Might not even make the play offs at this rate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Athletic Club outclassed Estudiantes and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Toivonen and Susaeta were amongst the goalscorers.

Last gasp free kick from the man Susaeta, and Tupac took points of Anzhi, I'm only a little horse but I might just make it

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to Athletic Club.
    Estudiantes slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Athletic Club in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ki was on the scoresheet for his side.

You forgot to mention that the match finished up with ten against eleven after Ryan Giggs decided he had enough! What is it with me and Utd players? First Buttner, and now Giggs!!

Either way, the loss confirms that Estudiantes are effectively out of the running for automatic promotion. On the plus side though, the teams below us couldn't really capitalise too much on our defeat and we're still six points clear of the play-off chasers with seven games left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ashkan DEJAGAH has completed his move to Estudiantes from Fulham in a swap deal for Jacques ZOUA and Michael RAFTER

Unfortunately the match against Athletic Club de Bilbao saw a relatively unsuccessful debut for him! He played well though.....I think!

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to Athletic Club.
    Estudiantes slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Athletic Club in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gabulov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ki was on the scoresheet for his side.

You forgot to mention that the match finished up with ten against eleven after Ryan Giggs decided he had enough! What is it with me and Utd players? First Buttner, and now Giggs!!

Either way, the loss confirms that Estudiantes are effectively out of the running for automatic promotion. On the plus side though, the teams below us couldn't really capitalise too much on our defeat and we're still six points clear of the play-off chasers with seven games left.

Yeah well Giggsy was a small bit tired and needed his Horlicks so he mercilessly scythed down poor Nicolas Gaitan just so he could get off early :P
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Unfortunately the match against Athletic Club de Bilbao saw a relatively unsuccessful debut for him! He played well though.....I think!

He will come good and will definitely be an EPL player next season regardless of Fulham's relegation - good catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I've seen SKYSPORTS NEWS avail of visuals like the one below:P, so here goes:

Relegation Battle:

| | 13. Napoli | 14. PSG | 15. Man Utd | 16. Porto | 17. Newcastle | 18. Liverpool | 19. Sunderland | 20. LeverKusen
    _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____
    Mon 5 May | SMFA Shield QF Leg 1 | | | | | | [H] Man. City | [A] B. München |
    Thu 8 May | Division 1 | [H] B. Leverkusen | [H] Valencia | [A] Arsenal | [A] Newcastle | [H] FC Porto | [H] A. Madrid | [A] Juventus | [A] SSC Napoli
    Sun 11 May | Division 1 | [A] B. München | [A] D. Kyiv | [H] R. Madrid | [H] Liverpool | [A] AC Milan | [A] FC Porto | [H] Chelsea | [H] Dortmund
    Mon 12 May | SMFA Shield QF Leg 2 | | | | | | [A] Man. City | [H] B. München |
    Thu 15 May | Division 1 | [H] Valencia | [H] Sunderland | [A] Juventus | [A] Arsenal | [H] Liverpool | [A] Newcastle | [A] PSG | [A] AC Milan
    Sun 18 May | Division 1 | [A] D. Kyiv | [A] Man. City | [H] Chelsea | [H] R. Madrid | [A] B. Leverkusen | [H] Arsenal | [H] T. Hotspur | [H] Newcastle
    Thu 22 May | Division 1 | [H] Sunderland | [H] Man. United | [A] PSG | [A] Juventus | [H] Arsenal | [A] R. Madrid | [A] SSC Napoli | [H] B. München
    Sun 25 May | Division 1 | [A] Man. City | [A] A. Madrid | [H] T. Hotspur | [H] Chelsea | [A] B. München | [H] Juventus | [H] Dortmund | [A] Valencia
    Thu 29 May | Division 1 | [H] Man. United | [H] FC Porto | [A] SSC Napoli | [A] PSG | [H] R. Madrid | [A] Chelsea | [A] AC Milan | [H] D. Kyiv

Breakdown of the remaining games:

| 13. Napoli | 14. PSG | 15. Man Utd | 16. Porto | 17. Newcastle | 18. Liverpool | 19. Sunderland | 20. LeverKusen
    _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____
    Home Games | 4 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 4
    Away Games | 3 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 3
    Against top6 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 3
    Against Bottom8 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 2

So how do people see this unfolding?

I'd say Sunderland and Leverkusen are gone, and Liverpool will be gone after Newcastle beat both them and Leverkusen.

Utd, PSG, and Napoli are safe, although on closer inspection Utd have an incredibly tough run in so they could very easily be sucked into the drop zone.

It will also be tough for Porto but I think they have the right man in charge in order to lead them to safety!! ;):D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Juve = bunch of chokers!

Season 1: could of finished top 4.... No, the team decides to lose the last 7 matches.
    Season 2: top of the league for virtual the hole season......so the team decides to lose the last 4 matches, handing the league to real.
    Season 3: challenging for the league again.... so they book there holidays early and i can't buy a win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

swoody wrote: »
    Juve = bunch of chokers!

Season 1: could of finished top 4.... No, the team decides to lose the last 7 matches.
    Season 2: top of the league for virtual the hole season......so the team decides to lose the last 4 matches, handing the league to real.
    Season 3: challenging for the league again.... so they book there holidays early and i can't buy a win now.

I honestly thought youd pip it this season, its just a lottery with the current game engine none of us have a clue whats going to happen in any match youll have better chance with me gone next season anyway:p

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Yea can't see Leverkusen staying up even with last nights win, but sure we,ll stay fighting till the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone selling any 89 or higher rated gk, rb or centre half? Younger the better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Remy Cabella finally gets bumped up to 89....

south_park_stan.jpg

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=2774

Ronaldinho available at Sunderland

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=2774

Ronaldinho available at Sunderland

No he's at benfica now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement