Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Damn it.

Been keeping an eye out for James Wilson for weeks now. Forgot to check yesterday and of course he was added.

Atlético Madrid - 5.7M - Accepted.
    Juventus - 5.4M - Accepted.
    SS Lazio - 788k - Accepted.
    Arsenal - 2.4M - Accepted.
    Cruzeiro - 6.6M - Accepted.
    Palmeiras - 830k - Accepted
    Manchester City - 4.5M - Accepted.
    SSC Napoli - 5.6M - Accepted.
    FC Schalke 04 - 6.3M - Accepted.

Congrats to Cruzeiro. A real starlet on their hands there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Move them on while you still can!better off in the long run too swap an 88 who's dropping for an 87 who's rising !

Only signed them recently so they're still on a transfer ban. Their might be a big end of season clearout but it all depends if i get promoted or even get into the playoffs! If i stay in division 3 there'll definitely be a clearout of the aging 88 rated players i signed to keep my squad afloat for this season

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Colemania wrote: »
    Damn it, my best defender Pogatetz (yes I know....) got a drop of 1 to 87. I fear a lot of the 88 rated aging players may be heading the same way....

Dunno if you spotted as well, but Henrique (a 88* CB) that you sold me last week was named in the Brazil squad the other day. Couldn't believe my luck. I was just trying to sign him as some squad cover in various positions! I feel kinda bad now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How many games is it again per season ?

My posting slipped on the thread but still highly active on the game...including rejecting offers for my stars :D

My lead at the top of Div4 is 13 points noe after besting my closest rival last round.

Absolutely chuffed if first season I can land a title :D

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Dunno if you spotted as well, but Henrique (a 88* CB) that you sold me last week was named in the Brazil squad the other day. Couldn't believe my luck. I was just trying to sign him as some squad cover in various positions! I feel kinda bad now :o

Was he? Ah crap :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Issiaga SYLLA has completed his move to Werder Bremen from Toulouse FC for 1,370,000 plus Casper SLOTH and Vázquez LUCAS . All other offers were turned down.

A 20 year old 85 rated left back, happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

In the market for an 88/89 rated holding midfielder. My holding midfielder got a decrease to 87 earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Beefy78 wrote: »
    In the market for an 88/89 rated holding midfielder. My holding midfielder got a decrease to 87 earlier :(

Might have a 90* available.

US Palermo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Monacos james rodriguez gets his +1 to 91 making him a very valuable asset.

Times like these might make me rethink my retirement from game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Called it ;)
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Tough one... Will Marcelo and Rod get into your starting 11?

Marcelo probably won't rise anytime soon, but I can see Rodriguez getting a +1 soon enough.
    I'd take it if both players can make your starting 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Eh i dunno was unable to prevent a Aston Villa defeat to Portsmouth.
    Aston Villa were hammered by Portsmouth 6 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Pompey had 7 shots and scored 6. I had 13 shots and scored none. Now I know the game is a farce

cheers for the 6 points this season and allowing me to score 8 goals while your forwards hit row zed in the process.

are there any 30+ year old 90+ rated players available for a reasonable cash offer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you stay on, does our deal still stand? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

cheers for the 6 points this season and allowing me to score 8 goals while your forwards hit row zed in the process.

are there any 30+ year old 90+ rated players available for a reasonable cash offer?

I'll tell ya what, I'd love it if I beat you in the title race. You've gone right down in my estimation. My Keegan style rant :D

anyone?

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Oh no!! My captain and the heart of my defence, Souleymane Diawara, took a hit of 2 bringing him down to 87. This, along with the whole Junior Hoilett debacle has urged me to come to the conclusion the the game is now mocking me. Either that, or it's just ridiculously jealous of my fantastic achievements!!

Depending on the outcome of this season I may just move close to home during the close season. The Netherlands are calling me I think. Strange coincidence too as I love their Eurovision entry!!

The final result will depend on the answer to these three questions.

Are Estudiantes still going to be playing in Division 3 next year?
    Are FC Twente still available?
    Have FC Twente managed to avoid the drop?

If, come the end of the season, the answer to all these questions are "Yes", then I might as well take the job! If not then I guess I'll just be getting another crack at promotion with Estudiantes!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Have FC Twente managed to avoid the drop?

If, come the end of the season, the answer to all these questions are "Yes", then I might as well take the job! If not then I guess I'll just be getting another crack at promotion with Estudiantes!!

I was sure Twente were dead bottom and practically relegated to div 4. But their only 2 points behind Sporting Lisbon who are in 17th and in shocking bad form. A few decent results in their last 6 and they could make it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I was sure Twente were dead bottom and practically relegated to div 4. But their only 2 points behind Sporting Lisbon who are in 17th and in shocking bad form. A few decent results in their last 6 and they could make it.

Sporting and Twente are both unmanaged so it's no surprise they are doing so badly.

Bad to see two teams that good doing so badly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sporting and Twente are both unmanaged so it's no surprise they are doing so badly.

But Sporting are manag............ah, now I get you!!

:D:D

Seaneh wrote: »

I know shame about Twente, but Sporting are managed I think.

I know shame about Twente, but Sporting are managed I think.

Sporting are no more managed than Twente were a week or two ago.

Logging in once every few days and not doing anything is not the same as managing a team.

• Advertisement

Actually speaking of what's the story with Wolfsburg, one of its players just hit level 5 and requested a transfer. Loads of its best players are on level 2 or 3 concern, will they all end up hitting level 5 and leaving the club decimated :(

Actually speaking of what's the story with Wolfsburg, one of its players just hit level 5 and requested a transfer. Loads of its best players are on level 2 or 3 concern, will they all end up hitting level 5 and leaving the club decimated :(

Not if the manager leaves first!!! :D :P

Although, having said that, if he does leave and a new manager takes over with most of the decent players on a concern level of four, it will be nigh impossible for the new manager to prevent them from hitting level five.

Although, having said that, if he does leave and a new manager takes over with most of the decent players on a concern level of four, it will be nigh impossible for the new manager to prevent them from hitting level five.

That's a sickener cause I was after them last time they were available :( Be sad to see such a good team go to waste.

Another example the difference between logging in regularly and actually managing a team.

I wish these lads who clearly aren't bothered would do what the Twente manager did and put their hands up, accept that they aren't contributing anything and resign, it's hard enough get people to play but when some really good teams are being used as nothing more than place holders like this it makes it even harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has anyone any suggestions as too where we could post here too help attract new players??

Has anyone any suggestions as too where we could post here too help attract new players??

The problem is you aren't allowed "advertise" on other forums...

Well if you're willing to take anyone who will fill the unmanaged teams places, you could advertise it on the SM forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Colemania wrote: »
    Well if you're willing to take anyone who will fill the unmanaged teams places, you could advertise it on the SM forums.

Ya have to be a member of boards for a month and have 50 posts I think. If not, you should have to

how bout converting some football manager people, does anyone post on their forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

Whats your problem lads? Im playing the game like the rest of yis! I log in regular and change players/formations etc during the week! Yis where giving out when i didnt log in for ex amount of time before cos i couldnt with work and now your still giving out! All thats wrong with some of you here is i wont sell you my players probably cos your always bidding on them an i reject your bids, get over it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement