Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

modo85 wrote: »
    Well lucky you must of had money to burn to buy 88 rated players to bulk your squad, I on the other hand had to sell all my players

Oh i sold a lot of crap too, lesser rated players. They had a 30m budget when i took over too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Modo, people are curious how your club has the revenue it seems to have rather than how you spend it.

you have an average attendance of 29,000 and are able to throw in substanial bids on some of the prospects, and have been able to for a while. There are clubs here with greater avg attendances that havent got the money available that you have.

People??? Is there a secret meeting going on I wasn't invited to ??? I brought in 112 players at a cost of 122million this year and sold 23 at a cost of 132 million. Some of my deals were bought ndinga from spurs for 4m sold for 8.8m, bamba Anderson 4.5 sold for 8.5 the list goes on feel free to go through my deals. You keep buying the likes of giggs and make no money on him ( I actually think u lost out on him) and ill buy my prospects and sell them on.

All I'm missing now is forlans manager leaping to his defense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Modo85 I don't think lads are attacking you. They are merely asking how you have those funds at a small club which you've explained in detail in your last post that you've wheeled and dealed over 100 players and turned a profit! I think your playing the game perfectly! If I came into this world today with a division 4 team I wouldn't mind spending my max on James Wilson knowing ill get it back down the line! And your point about 88 rated players is valid too. I personally would buy a 86 rated 24 year old cb who is rising over an 34 year old 88/89 rated cb whos falling!

People??? Is there a secret meeting going on I wasn't invited to ??? I brought in 112 players at a cost of 122million this year and sold 23 at a cost of 132 million. Some of my deals were bought ndinga from spurs for 4m sold for 8.8m, bamba Anderson 4.5 sold for 8.5 the list goes on feel free to go through my deals. You keep buying the likes of giggs and make no money on him ( I actually think u lost out on him) and ill buy my prospects and sell them on.

Wasn't attacking you at all so sorry if you've been offended! As Mac said, people were just raising a question how the players could be afforded and you've explained it so lets put that to bed.

We all play the game differently and whatever works, works. Fair play to you! Now lets do the rest of the fighting on the pitch for that last playoff spot :cool:

Dude what the actual fcuk is your problem? I've never made a comment about your team or transfers, I don't give a ****.

So what if I want to try and sell Forlan he was there when I took over so have been trying to sell him it's none of your business.

Now why don't you fcuk off and leave me out of your little keyboard warrior rants you gob****e.

Dude???? Like are you from America or australia dude?

My transfer statement was aimed at gti because he asked me a question, he questioned me
    because I slated giggs and at the end I threw a nice little rod out for forlans manager to nibble on (which turns out to be you) and you took the bait hook line and sinker,

P.s keyboard warrior???? Am I the one calling people names

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Dude???? Like are you from America or australia dude?

My transfer statement was aimed at gti because he asked me a question, he questioned me
    because I slated giggs and at the end I threw a nice little rod out for forlans manager to nibble on (which turns out to be you) and you took the bait hook line and sinker,

P.s keyboard warrior???? Am I the one calling people names

Right, so you've admitted you were trolling for a reaction, lads like you go on ignore, good luck, dude ;)

Colemania wrote: »
    Wasn't attacking you at all so sorry if you've been offended! As Mac said, people were just raising a question how the players could be afforded and you've explained it so lets put that to bed.

We all play the game differently and whatever works, works. Fair play to you! Now lets do the rest of the fighting on the pitch for that last playoff spot :cool:

Im don't want to go up this season as my team ain't good enough and would go straight back down. I'm planning for the future :)

Here fishy fishy fishy

Im don't want to go up this season as my team ain't good enough and would go straight back down. I'm planning for the future :)

I'm a glory hunter. I'm going to improve teams and then jump into a better job down the line. Espanyol's best players are the ones I brought in during my 6 weeks at the club, all 88 rated externals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

****s sake lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

My question is when are these players gonna pay off if they do, realistically it could 5 years real life.

None of these players are guarenteed stars, I've got youth but wouldn't sacrifice players I need today for ones in about 20 game seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

Keep it up lads, it's good to see newbies bitching about the game..

tumblr_inline_n4mgf9y63V1s7p85v.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So what i've taken from the last 20 posts is that the Cruzeiro manager is cheating?

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JamboMac wrote: »
    My question is when are these players gonna pay off if they do, realistically it could 5 years real life.

None of these players are guarenteed stars, I've got youth but wouldn't sacrifice players I need today for ones in about 20 game seasons.

I started picking up these young players last year so the ones last year so they will start rising soon for profit so its not as if I'm waiting on a single player to rise, I a full squad of them to work with.. I included azmoun (my first young signing) in my deal to get mosquito and the next day it comes out that Madrid and everyone are after little messi. He got +3 rise today sick as a dog. But don't worry ill be out in force next week to bring him home :)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So what i've taken from the last 20 posts is that the Cruzeiro manager is cheating?

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Your gonna need a bigger rod to catch me

I started picking up these young players last year so the ones last year so they will start rising soon for profit so its not as if I'm waiting on a single player to rise, I a full squad of them to work with.. I included azmoun (my first young signing) in my deal to get mosquito and the next day it comes out that Madrid and everyone are after little messi. He got +3 rise today sick as a dog. But don't worry ill be out in force next week to bring him home :)

Juan iturbe is classed as the next messi, so we'll see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This is something I actually agree with Jumbo about.

I'd rather have a 90 rated player I can play in my first team than an 83 who won't be 90 for another 2, 3 or 4 years, if ever.
    That's why I traded the likes of Werner and other prospects for players who went straight into my first team, total no brainer for me.

And on that note, Hendrix, Ebecilio and others are are still available for the right player.

Right lads eireannBEAR made a suggestion to me about opening division 4 up too ANYONE. So here is the way i propose it , ANY new players,friends of current player's in real life and friends online can join us and take up the free teams on a few coniditions
    A friend of theres recigmends them in here
    They can ONLY take a divison 4 team.
    They CANNOT apply for vacant job's
    There manager ranking no matter how good is null in void

Now hear me out these lads who join up threw people in here telling me "heh mac my buddy wants too join his name is ja***** and his email is [email]a@***.com[/email] I then accept them and they start too play in divison 4. If they get promoted well then great for them but when they see jobs coming up that they cant apply for and players moving clubs over talks and posts on boards it might then encourge them too join boards and AFTER they have 50 posts they then have the same rights as all the rest of us?

Any ways let me know what ye think about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Sounds good to me :)

• Advertisement

All they need is to get into an argument/discussion with me or seaneh and they'll have 50 posts no problem.

All they need is to get into an argument/discussion with me or seaneh and they'll have 50 posts no problem.

Ha ha ha !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

5.5 million just to fill a hole in your team, Jesus you must have money to burn. As soon as you bought him he decreases if I remember rightly?

No actually, he dropped after i sold him

Did someone eat all you rice krispies this morning?!

Anyway, you're right sure what would Porto know about having youths ... Sure ive nothing but 30+ers :rolleyes:

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good rant anyway

What do you think of the proposal for division 4 lads? Gt? Kersplat?

MrMac84 wrote: »

Like it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yeah sounds good.

I like the bear's idea.
    Make it so.

make-it-so-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yeah, seems fair enough. Hopefully we can avoid anymore dup accounts

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yeah, seems fair enough. Hopefully we can avoid anymore dup accounts

And people who apply, log in every few days and don't atually play the game...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement