Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is the Wolfsburg chairman ever gonna accept an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Right lads eireannBEAR made a suggestion to me about opening division 4 up too ANYONE. So here is the way i propose it , ANY new players,friends of current player's in real life and friends online can join us and take up the free teams on a few coniditions
    A friend of theres recigmends them in here
    They can ONLY take a divison 4 team.
    They CANNOT apply for vacant job's
    There manager ranking no matter how good is null in void

Now hear me out these lads who join up threw people in here telling me "heh mac my buddy wants too join his name is ja***** and his email is [EMAIL="a@***.com"]a@***.com[/EMAIL] I then accept them and they start too play in divison 4. If they get promoted well then great for them but when they see jobs coming up that they cant apply for and players moving clubs over talks and posts on boards it might then encourge them too join boards and AFTER they have 50 posts they then have the same rights as all the rest of us?

Any ways let me know what ye think about that!

I think it is a good idea, but I think they should be able to move on from D4 like the rest of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think it is a good idea, but I think they should be able to move on from D4 like the rest of us.

They can, once they get 50 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is the Wolfsburg chairman ever gonna accept an offer?

He accepted an offer just the other day...:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If they initially join soccer manager only and not boards then the only way outta division 4 is threw promotion with their team. If they want too apply for teams in the top divisions they have too join boards aswell as soccermanager. win win for us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Seaneh wrote: »
    They can, once they get 50 posts.

What if they've no interest in posting here? All such restrictions will do is make them want to quit a few months in and then we're back to square one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What if they've no interest in posting here? All such restrictions will do is make them want to quit a few months in and then we're back to square one.

If they don't engage in the community aspect and we just end up with another place holder club, what's the point. There's enough good teams being wasted by people who don't have any interest as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What do you think of the proposal for division 4 lads? Gt? Kersplat?

I'd love to see another poll :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Of with you so!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto wrote: »
    Of with you so!! :P

Not my proposal to be polling on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Not my proposal to be polling on :)

That's good. That means I can use that excuse too!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Luminaries_Site_Rnd-Alum-Pole_Gardco_PRA4.jpg

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Actually, that's a pole. He said "poll".

buzz-killington.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Okay, I've decided that there'll be a transfer ban at FC Twente until the season is over. I will wait and see if I will continue managing them and if I do, then I'll start buying and selling. I do not want to rip apart the team and leave the next manager with a broken team. My job as of now is to use the players at hand and keep FC Twente in Division 3. My decision on whether to stay on or not will be posted here on the final day of the season (29th of May).
    Sorry to all the people who have placed bids already, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from here.

And can we please stop the arguments. I don't know how we're going to get new players if the thread is full of nothing but pointless bickering. So what if someone wants to plug a hole in their team or buy young players. It's at their discretion how they play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I see the funding for the single player mode was unsuccessful. £16747 raised out of the £20000 they needed. Where does the money go now??

Colemania wrote: »
    I see the funding for the single player mode was unsuccessful. £16747 raised out of the £20000 they needed. Where does the money go now??

You'd think they'd just leave it open a few more weeks and push the project back, just over 3k isn't a huge amount of money

You'd think they'd just leave it open a few more weeks and push the project back, just over 3k isn't a huge amount of money

Ya I wouldn't have thought they'd need to stick to a certain deadline. Maybe they tried to rush it but it could reopen again in the near future

The offer for Lukasz SKORUPSKI of Gornik Zabrze from Palmeiras has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Happy enough with this! Heard he played very well for Roma on his league debut at the weekend. Might rise in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Did you get a ticking off from THE MAN for this post? I got a warning for similar. They warned me!
    Dude what the actual fcuk is your problem? I've never made a comment about your team or transfers, I don't give a ****.

So what if I want to try and sell Forlan he was there when I took over so have been trying to sell him it's none of your business.

Now why don't you fcuk off and leave me out of your little keyboard warrior rants you gob****e.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Did you get a ticking off from THE MAN for this post? I got a warning for similar. They warned me!

That's it Baz, fight the power!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As far as I know, the deadline is enforced by Kickstarter so their site doesn't get filled with projects that never reach their goal.

As for where the money goes, again as far as I know, the money is still where it always was; people pledge the money and then when/if it hits the goal, it gets taken from the banks/credit cards/whatever means they were going to use to pay. That way, if the goal isn't reached, people aren't down money on something that will never come to fruition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

There's 50% off sale on all upgrades at the moment if anyone was looking for gold management, buying a custom world, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The desktop SM site has had a design change!

I don't like it... :(

So it looks like the money did go somewhere then.....

Don't like the new layout though. Can't see as much on the one screen as before, ie calender, news, team etc

There's 50% off sale on all upgrades at the moment if anyone was looking for gold management, buying a custom world, etc.

Sound, I'll pick one up and use it later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wolfsburg chairman finally accepts and 2 of us tied wonder how he'll decide where to go.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wolfsburg chairman finally accepts and 2 of us tied wonder how he'll decide where to go.

I get one leg, you get the other :P

May the best man win!

Fernabache (sp?) players jumping ship it would seem!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fernabache (sp?) players jumping ship it would seem!

Is this the first time in this gameworld we've had Level 5 concerns?

Have a few level 2s now myself. No one major and might try and move a few on in the off-season...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

So I posted on here earlier and now my post is gone. Can someone explain perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement