Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

he's a top top manager

Harry%20Redknapp%20arriving%20at%20the%20clubs%20training%20ground%20this%20morning

I knew it was you all along, that phrase has exposed your charade 'arry!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Am I reading this right?

People are complaining that their players are not getting injured enough?

Really?????

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Thanks for views guys:)

What you think of alonso hes at 95 now how long till a drop do ye think?

Not for a season or three I'd say. So six seasons in SM time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well just me on the injury thing then lol.
    I was flicking through division 4 and saw there was only 3 injuries in the whole divsion hence my initial comment.
    For reference the other divisions were 9/div 3,13/div 2,7/div 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dunno about Ibra but I think Yaya+1 to 95 and Ribery to stay put for a while

surely Yaya will get 95. Best Midfielder in the premier league :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Thanks again lads I think ill keep alonso so I was planning to exchange him for a younger player or 2 but ill hold onto him.

Ya while injuries are a nuisance some more realism through the season would be nice to shake things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

gerp99 wrote: »
    surely Yaya will get 95. Best Midfielder in the premier league :D

I would be very surprised if he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads I've come across a few young 75ish rated players that have developed concerns about 'lack of first team opportunities'

Is this a new thing? I don't recall seeing this concern before? If it is a new feature its pretty bad news for those of us building for the future.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads I've come across a few young 75ish rated players that have developed concerns about 'lack of first team opportunities'

Is this a new thing? I don't recall seeing this concern before? If it is a new feature its pretty bad news for those of us building for the future.......

I've seen it in a few GWs now ... its not even about people with huge squads, you could have 35players and some plonker rated in 70s looking for a run in the first team ... odd enough change is infact it is a change

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

How old are they?? I know I've seen a few 22/23/24 year old players with similar ratings develop concerns which is understandable. If they're only 17/18 though, it's a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Might be that there adding youth teams soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Yeah, I read something about that in the single player section. Are they thinking about bringing it into the online gameworlds too??

Wilberto wrote: »
    How old are they?? I know I've seen a few 22/23/24 year old players with similar ratings develop concerns which is understandable. If they're only 17/18 though, it's a bit ridiculous.

Have you just seen it recently is it? It is younger players, seen around 20 year olds, if they are that young developing concerns it kills the 'building for the future' idea for most of us
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I've seen it in a few GWs now ... its not even about people with huge squads, you could have 35players and some plonker rated in 70s looking for a run in the first team ... odd enough change is infact it is a change

So is is just random or what do you think??
    Mr Blobby wrote: »

Those were my initial thoughts, if its not that then we are in trouble :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Youth players developing concerns... My first thought was Mac is fcuked altogether :pac:

Youth players developing concerns... My first thought was Mac is fcuked altogether :pac:

will take him a few hours a week to address the concerns every week :)

Athletic Club & Lazio have agreed a swap deal for Ranocchia & Laporte.....

For Lazio's part with their future in D3 safe (I know I should be ashamed to even say that!!!) it's once again time to build for the future, with a bright young prospect!!!!

For more, stay tuned to Sky Sports News ;-)

For Lazio's part with their future in D3 safe (I know I should be ashamed to even say that!!!) it's once again time to build for the future, with a bright young prospect!!!!

Good Catch, I've tried for Laporte a few times ... gutted to miss out on him!

In a late development to this story....... Athletic Club have secured first option on D Santon should he leave the club :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Athletic manager Hercule Poirot appeared before the press to give a short statement regarding the deal, with tears in his eyes he said:

"My love for Amyric Laporte shall endure for as long my heart is beating, but he wanted first team football - and while I loved him, I could not provide it for him. I remember hand feeding him when he was only a wee child and I hope that he fullfills the potential we all know he has.

But with a possible move to Division 2 we had to make sacrifices and bring in someone of Andrea's experience and talent in defence - quite frankly it still surprises me that Navarro and Kaboul can find their way onto the pitch.

To end I would like to say to Tupac (at this point he looked right into the camera) if you hurt one hair on his little Basque head then I will come at you with all I've got, I will send Lucas Biglia to headbutt you in the face and I will kidnapp your beloved Miralem Pjanic and force him to play charity matches against One Direction and Take That for the rest his days"

M. Poirot then screamed defiance before dropping his trousers and demanding that everyone left him to grieve in peace.

Athletic manager Hercule Poirot appeared before the press to give a short statement regarding the deal, with tears in his eyes he said:

"My love for Amyric Laporte shall endure for as long my heart is beating, but he wanted first team football - and while I loved him, I could not provide it for him. I remember hand feeding him when he was only a wee child and I hope that he fullfills the potential we all know he has.

But with a possible move to Division 2 we had to make sacrifices and bring in someone of Andrea's experience and talent in defence - quite frankly it still surprises me that Navarro and Kaboul can find their way onto the pitch.

To end I would like to say to Tupac (at this point he looked right into the camera) if you hurt one hair on his little Basque head then I will come at you with all I've got, I will send Lucas Biglia to headbutt you in the face and I will kidnapp your beloved Miralem Pjanic and force him to play charity matches against One Direction and Take That for the rest his days"

M. Poirot then screamed defiance before dropping his trousers and demanding that everyone left him to grieve in peace.

I can't stop laughing!!! 'looked right into the camera' :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Aubameyang is said to be interested in a permanent move to madrid:)

Aubameyang is said to be interested in a permanent move to madrid:)

ha!

Auba would want to get his head out of the clouds and find the form that saw him get 21 goals in D2!!!!! :D

ha!

Auba would want to get his head out of the clouds and find the form that saw him get 21 goals in D2!!!!! :D

Hes unhappy and is itching to play division 1 football according to sources within italy:)

Hes unhappy and is itching to play division 1 football according to sources within italy:)

Tupac_healy was unavailable for comment....

PM'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I love kids!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I love kids!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9-1wsnntaJhs8jIjB5Nl2XdGctJOO5AlUyf3drOzngIzu5XXQIA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

9.3 million was a lot to pay for 34 year old Cesar Navas but it is the business-end of the season, he's better than what I've got and goes straight into my team. So long as he can keep his 89-rating for another fortnight I think it is worthwhile.

It looks like he is pretty much ever-present for Rubin Kazan so hopefully he keeps his rating for longer than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

3rd in the league on 58 points, 2 points off of 1st and 1 point behind 2nd and my last 4 games are:

Home v Everton, 2nd on 59 points
    Home v Shakhtar, 4th on 56 points.
    Away v Spartak, 8th on 51 points (only 4 points away from 6th place!)
    Home v Sao Paulo, 18th place and fighting for survival.

I do not have a run in that fills me with confidence, really hoping I can sneak top 2 but will be happy to just make the play off's, I'm only 5 points ahead of 7th place so nothing is guaranteed, anyone outside of the top 2 could lose two games and end up outside the playoff spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Seaneh wrote: »
    3rd in the league on 58 points, 2 points off of 1st and 1 point behind 2nd and my last 4 games are:

Home v Everton, 2nd on 59 points
    Home v Shakhtar, 4th on 56 points.
    Away v Spartak, 8th on 51 points (only 4 points away from 6th place!)
    Home v Sao Paulo, 18th place and fighting for survival.

I do not have a run in that fills me with confidence, really hoping I can sneak top 2 but will be happy to just make the play off's, I'm only 5 points ahead of 7th place so nothing is guaranteed, anyone outside of the top 2 could lose two games and end up outside the playoff spots.

I looked at the fixtures the other day and most of the teams at the top have a tough run in. Four games to go and anyone in the top half could win or finish bottom half. Crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement