Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

FCP ready to knock RealMadrid's title challenge off coursr tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

1st (Anzhi) at home to 2nd (the mighty Athletic Club) - a win for Anzhi all but confirms them as Division 3 Champions, a win for Athletic will almost certainly nail them in for promotion and leave them one point behind Anzhi.

Anzhi haven't lost in 20-odd competitive games - but who was the last team to beat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

1st (Anzhi) at home to 2nd (the mighty Athletic Club) - a win for Anzhi all but confirms them as Division 3 Champions, a win for Athletic will almost certainly nail them in for promotion and leave them one point behind Anzhi.

Anzhi haven't lost in 20-odd competitive games - but who was the last team to beat them?

Will probably play the kids.

After all if US Palermo aren't willing to do business with me, why I should make it easier for them to automatically get promoted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Iago wrote: »
    Will probably play the kids.

After all if US Palermo aren't willing to do business with me, why I should make it easier for them to automatically get promoted?

You'd risk winning the league just to screw them over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Might have over-payed here time will tell.

Hamburger SV (James Mcconville) have swooped in and signed Free Agent Carlos FERNÁNDEZ for 4,000,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JamboMac wrote: »
    Might have over-payed here time will tell.

Hamburger SV (James Mcconville) have swooped in and signed Free Agent Carlos FERNÁNDEZ for 4,000,000.

I thought my bid of 2m was overpaying! Though who knows he could become a top player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought my bid of 2m was overpaying! Though who knows he could become a top player

I just wanted to win a bidding war, thought cruzeiro had a crazy bid in like usual :rolleyes:

JamboMac wrote: »
    I just wanted to win a bidding war, thought cruzeiro had a crazy bid in like usual :rolleyes:

I got a couple of other youngsters so happy enough :) Gonna start off loading some as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I got a couple of other youngsters so happy enough :) Gonna start off loading some as well

Thinking of offloading a few of mine aswell, don't know half the lads in my squad!:):)

Really ....?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Really ....?

Haven't looked through them really but my funds are dropping a little. I don't like dipping below 150m.... :D

Haven't looked through them really but my funds are dropping a little. I don't like dipping below 150m.... :D

You know by now which fellas im after, let me know if theyre avail ...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    You know by now which fellas im after, let me know if theyre avail ...

Ah here, fire over a PM or something! I dunno how people manage 8-10 teams. I've 5 at the moment and it's a pain trying to remember who you're after in what game world, etc! I should have stuck to 2!!

Ah here, fire over a PM or something! I dunno how people manage 8-10 teams. I've 5 at the moment and it's a pain trying to remember who you're after in what game world, etc! I should have stuck to 2!!
    I'll pop on to SM this evening ....entrrtaining my 4yr old at the mo

Big match for me tonight v AC, a win for AC would see them stay in contention for 1st depending on other results, a win for me would be a big step towards finishing top 4. I fully expect a draw :/

It wasn't easy but 7 youngsters up for sale...:) Probably throw a few more on the list later!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reckon I'll look to lower my squad size drastically this transfer break coming. With the exceptions of Deulofeu and Bakkali, I'd probably use many of my kids as trading options, and even those two aren't 100% off the table.

Speaking of, I've been meaning to do up a list of who's likely to stay and who's available for the right deal. A quick scan of my main squad...

Lloris: There's about 2 or 3 keepers I'd trade him for, but maybe a lower rated keeper and a higher rated player and who knows. Unlikely he'll leave though.

Walker: Available for straight swap; had him for three seasons, so will likely move him on but want someone with the same potential.
    Vertonghen: Doubt he'll be moving; want to see if the links to United are true in real life.
    Dragovic: Highly unlikely to move.
    DeMarcos: Would really like to upgrade left back, so will offer DeMarcos and two other squad/youth players if anyone is interested.

Ramires: Just arrived, happy with him.
    Xavi: Despite age, still rated 96. Even a drop will keep him above what I'd likely get in return. Transfer listed, but happy to keep him paired with Ramires in my midfield.

Turan: BBVA winner, CL finalist (possible winner)....yeaaaah, unlike to be moving cause I'm hopeful for a bump in the Spain review. :D
    Mikhitaryan: Already signed a pre-contract :P
    Muinian: CL football next season should see him do ok, but open to a move for a like for like player.

Hernandez: Despite better instincts, will probably not move him on; third top scorer in Div 1 so have him preforming better than any striker I've ever had preforming :D

And Palermo put in a deal that might turn my head for Turan. Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would this game not be much better if you could view the game and make changes in play like championship manager?

4 games and need to win all for automatic promotion. All 4 games v teams below me including Barcelona :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

And Palermo put in a deal that might turn my head for Turan. Interesting...

Feel free to pm me ;)

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Would this game not be much better if you could view the game and make changes in play like championship manager?

Probably, but...

1. It would probably take a far more complicated game engine than what they have access to right now.
    2. An engine which requires people to actually log on at specific times would probably see their userbase cut drastically due to time constraints.

Mt list of unavailable and available from my first team

Neuer - Nope
    Baumann - Nope
    Dante - Nope
    Badstuber -Yep
    Gustavo - Yep
    Otamendi - Yep
    Isimat-Mirin - Yep
    Lahm - Nope
    Alaba - Nope
    Cincinho - Yep
    Contento - YEP
    Eron - Yep
    Kirchhoff - Yep
    Seri - Nope
    Schweinsteiger - Nope
    Obiang - Yep
    Ribery - Yep
    Kroos - Nope
    Lica - Nope
    Higuain and Aguero - If I got some fantastic offer one may leave. Aguero hasn't done it for me at all but I have been playing him AMC :/
    Benzema - Nope
    Bruno - Yep
    Muller - Nope
    Musa - Probably not

All part-ex. Lower rated players will probably used in part-ex for others

eh i dunno wrote: »

4 games and need to win all for automatic promotion. All 4 games v teams below me including Barcelona :eek:

One thing that annoys me is not being able to adjust for injuries in a game. If you have an injury ingame you are as bad as having someone sent off as you end up with 10 men.

Being able to set "bring on x if y gets injured" would be great.

Man, I'd kill for Aguero, but I doubt I'd be able to put in an offer like some bigger clubs will :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Man, I'd kill for Aguero, but I doubt I'd be able to put in an offer like some bigger clubs will :(

I want him too I offered 25million+di maria and it wasnt enough to tempt mr.kersplat unfortunately:(

Aston Villa beat ACF Fiorentina 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    González scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Defoe and Afellay were also amongst the goalscorers.

Delighted to get a win to keep the pressure on at the top

2-0 loss to Sunderland :(

Back down to my native 7th

Edit: and just realised best I can get is 3rd now...

2 players sent off, WTF?!?!?

Pizzaro sent off after 10 mins, young sent off on 83 mins, still drew 1-1 and lead from the 37th to 63rd min.

3 points separate the top 6 in division 2 now

• Advertisement

Lost 3-1 to Kyiv.....

I wish he would just fook off an take the Madrid job already!!!

:):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement