Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Genoa Youths (and Costa) 2-0 Anderlecht.

Going with the young lads for the rest of the season, nice confidence booster beating Anderlecht who were 10 games unbeaten before tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If I win my last 3 I just might scrape the playoffs.

James Mcconville steered Hamburger SV to victory against FC Schalke 04.
    Hamburger SV outclassed FC Schalke 04 and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Natcho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Szalai was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Delighted with a 2-0 win over AC in what looked like a very even match stat wise. Unlucky Baz. Badstuber and Higuain must have heard the whispers of them possibly being sold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lost 0-1 :(
    I'm really struggling without Balotelli. I think he should be back for the match on the 25th.

I think i've play-offs secured since i'm 6pts ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Chelsea why you no lose?:( ha

Its a lottery now with 3 games to go between chelsea and madrid who ever loses first loses the title at this rate youd feel. Chelsea have a much better goal difference so if I draw a game i could very well lose on gd which would be sick:oha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

A 1-0 loss made worse by two injuries to first teamers. Back in the relegation zone by 2 points with 3 games left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Chelsea why you no lose?:( ha

Its a lottery now with 3 games to go between chelsea and madrid who ever loses first loses the title at this rate youd feel. Chelsea have a much better goal difference so if I draw a game i could very well lose on gd which would be sick:oha

FCP gave Real Madrid a mighty fright tonight, holding them to 0-0 until the 84th minute when former Arsenal and Barca favorite, Fabregas popped up with the winner.

The result has left Porto players deflated and in fear getting dragged back into the relegation battle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

A 1-0 loss made worse by two injuries to first teamers. Back in the relegation zone by 2 points with 3 games left.

You can do it PBJ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    FCP gave Real Madrid a mighty fright tonight, holding them to 0-0 until the 84th minute when former Arsenal and Barca favorite, Fabregas popped up with the winner.

The result has left Porto players deflated and in fear getting dragged back into the relegation battle

You're safe I'd say. Newcastle and Sunderland would need something special for it to go their way

Congratulations to Anzhi who guaranteed promotion to Div 2 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ya it took an 84th minute free kick to get me the win. Unlucky mate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You're safe I'd say. Newcastle and Sunderland would need something special for it to go their way

Sunderland have something special!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Iago wrote: »
    Will probably play the kids.

You and your dirty hoor lies!! :P

Athletic Club slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Anzhi in their Division 3 fixture.
    Jansen was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Palmeiras in their Division 3 fixture.
    Paredes and Víetto were amongst the goalscorers.

Played some young players tonight, but still had some heavy hitters out too so no excuses, well done Palmeiras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

A 1-0 win over Marseille puts Bremen back into 4th place, joint on points with 3rd place Malaga and 3 points behind Flamengo who are in 2nd, with only three games left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

SS Lazio slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Palmeiras in their Division 3 fixture.
    Paredes and Víetto were amongst the goalscorers.

Played some young players tonight, but still had some heavy hitters out too so no excuses, well done Palmeiras!

Oh so that's why I won :P

Podolski finally banging in the goals and a man of the match debut for Vierinha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to Hanover.
    Estudiantes have lost to Hanover 5 - 3 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.
    Roux and éderson were amongst the goalscorers.

Would have moved into third, and just five points behind Athletic with a win but alas, it wasn't to be. We're still five points clear of the play-off chasers which are coincidentally lead by Hanover. Let's hope that the lad's can get back to winning ways against managerless Udinese on Thursday. I'd still be absolutely delighted should we secure a place in the play-off, and if we do, let's hope we manage better than Southend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

since inter lost again tonight the chairman has decided that since we play like England do at world cup finals we may as well look like them and stick a big georges cross on the jersey!

7e36.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

D1 bottom of the table update ...

With 9pts remaining up for grabs and Leverkusen 10pts adrift, the German outfit are starting preperations for life back in D2

Sunderlands win against Spurs has Man United and Porto looking over their sholders again while liverpools win agaisnt Arsenal sees them safe( using the RL +40pts criteria)

as it stands, there is still every possibility of the 3 teams to get promoted from D2 in Season 1 to make the drop down to D2 together at the end of S3

| | Man Utd | Porto | Newcastle | Sunderland | LeverKusen
    _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____
    Thu 8 May | Division 1 | [A] Arsenal(L) | [A] Newcastle(D) | [H] FC Porto(D) | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] SSC Napoli(W)
    Sun 11 May | Division 1 | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [H] Liverpool(W) | [A] AC Milan(L) | [H] Chelsea(L) | [H] Dortmund(D)
    Thu 15 May | Division 1 | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] Arsena(L)l | [H] Liverpool(L) | [A] PSG(D) | [A] AC Milan(L)
    Sun 18 May | Division 1 | [H] Chelsea | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [A] B. Leverkusen(L) | [H] T. Hotspur(W) | [H] Newcastle(W)
    Thu 22 May | Division 1 | [A] PSG | [A] Juventus | [H] Arsenal | [A] SSC Napoli | [H] B. München
    Sun 25 May | Division 1 | [H] T. Hotspur | [H] Chelsea | [A] B. München | [H] Dortmund | [A] Valencia
    Thu 29 May | Division 1 | [A] SSC Napoli | [A] PSG | [H] R. Madrid | [A] AC Milan | [H] D. Kyiv

Pos. | Team | Pld. | Gd. | Pts.
    16 | FC PORTO | 35 | -11 | 40
    17 | Manchester United | 35 | -15 | 40
    18 | Newcastle United | 35 | -22 | 35
    19 | Sunderland | 35 | -14 | 34
    20 | Bayer Leverkusen (R) | 35 | -24 | 30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Colemania wrote: »
    Oh so that's why I won :P

Podolski finally banging in the goals and a man of the match debut for Vierinha

Like I said previous man, no excuses! your having a fantastic season all the same, well done man!!! ;)

• Advertisement

I wanna say congratulations to Auxerre and Anzhi on securing their league titles, and hard luck to Fenerbache and Bayer Leverkusen on getting relegated.

I wanna say congratulations to Auxerre and Anzhi on securing their league titles, and hard luck to Fenerbache and Bayer Leverkusen on getting relegated.

Hold on now, Anzhi don't have the trophy yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rossi, my big-name signing this season, really, really owes me two great performances in the final two games. Missed two penalties in the last three matches before tonight and then gets sent off tonight after ten minutes meaning I drop yet more points and meaning he misses my big match at Benfica on Thursday.

Not impressed.

Sorry, I saw the points total beside the name and took it for granted, but the 2 points from 3 games shouldn't be a huge hassle to them either way.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Rossi, my big-name signing this season, really, really owes me two great performances in the final two games. Missed two penalties in the last three matches before tonight and then gets sent off tonight after ten minutes meaning I drop yet more points and meaning he misses my big match at Benfica on Thursday.

Not impressed.

I have Kaka, Young and Pizzaro all missing for Tuesday night's match so I'm really not feeling confident at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

D1 bottom of the table update ...

With 9pts remaining up for grabs and Leverkusen 10pts adrift, the German outfit are starting preperations for life back in D2

Sunderlands win against Spurs has Man United and Porto looking over their sholders again while liverpools win agaisnt Arsenal sees them safe( using the RL +40pts criteria)

as it stands, there is still every possibility of the 3 teams to get promoted from D2 in Season 1 to make the drop down to D2 together at the end of S3

| | Man Utd | Porto | Newcastle | Sunderland | LeverKusen
    _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____
    Thu 8 May | Division 1 | [A] Arsenal(L) | [A] Newcastle(D) | [H] FC Porto(D) | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] SSC Napoli(W)
    Sun 11 May | Division 1 | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [H] Liverpool(W) | [A] AC Milan(L) | [H] Chelsea(L) | [H] Dortmund(D)
    Thu 15 May | Division 1 | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] Arsena(L)l | [H] Liverpool(L) | [A] PSG(D) | [A] AC Milan(L)
    Sun 18 May | Division 1 | [H] Chelsea | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [A] B. Leverkusen(L) | [H] T. Hotspur(W) | [H] Newcastle(W)
    Thu 22 May | Division 1 | [A] PSG | [A] Juventus | [H] Arsenal | [A] SSC Napoli | [H] B. München
    Sun 25 May | Division 1 | [H] T. Hotspur | [H] Chelsea | [A] B. München | [H] Dortmund | [A] Valencia
    Thu 29 May | Division 1 | [A] SSC Napoli | [A] PSG | [H] R. Madrid | [A] AC Milan | [H] D. Kyiv

Pos. | Team | Pld. | Gd. | Pts.
    16 | FC PORTO | 35 | -11 | 40
    17 | Manchester United | 35 | -15 | 40
    18 | Newcastle United | 35 | -22 | 35
    19 | Sunderland | 35 | -14 | 34
    20 | Bayer Leverkusen (R) | 35 | -24 | 30

YAY!!!...I made it off the relegation table!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Like I said previous man, no excuses! your having a fantastic season all the same, well done man!!! ;)

I'll admit, I took them over half way through the season when they were in 6th so I can't take all the credit! Just hanging on too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You and your dirty hoor lies!! :P

Athletic Club slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Anzhi in their Division 3 fixture.
    Jansen was on the scoresheet for his side.

Poetic Licence :)

19 unbeaten in the league

24 unbeaten in all comps

Shield Winners

Promotion achieved to Div 2

Title within reach

Been a reasonable season I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Dynamo Kyiv manager said fair well to the home support with a 3-1 win over Napoli which leaves them in 3rd place with 3 games to go.

On departing he would like to wish the incoming manager the best of luck securing champions league football next season.

• Advertisement

tonic wine wrote: »
    Dynamo Kyiv manager said fair well to the home support with a 3-1 win over Napoli which leaves them in 3rd place with 3 games to go.

On departing he would like to wish the incoming manager the best of luck securing champions league football next season.

Good luck with Atleti, you will be pushing Real for top spot next season, especially after the reviews that are due and the world cup you will have a hell of a squad (already a very good squad!). You've been manager of the year this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement