Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Transfer bans run untill the date specified. No these a break of around 2 weeks with World Cup games and friendlys played nearly everyday and then a date is set for new season!

All my transfer bans are finished around July so i'll have to wait until then to get rid of the deadwood.

The thing is, a lot of those players won't be appealing as part exchange players and my squad isn't so big that i can afford to leave them all go for cash. I'm very tight on cash at the moment alright but I don't know how i'll get better players without trading my best players.......

Hopefully someone gives me 2 players for 1 of my own in exchange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

circadian wrote: »
    New LA Galaxy manager here.

Seems like a pretty good league, I'll be having a fire sale of most players under an 87 rating but I doubt they're much use to anyone else. Decent prospect for finances in this club so I'm looking forward to building it up and hitting the ground running next season.

Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I expect Atletico Madrid will get some big upgrades!
    Also Iturraspe being in there is great news for me :)

I Let Iturraspe go for buttons, biggest regret so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I Let Iturraspe go for buttons, biggest regret so far.

Was that to me mate??? I didn't know too much about him when I got him to replace Camacho but in general I was (still am) happy to have sold him for Dodo (especially!!!! Massive potential) Belfodil & cash!

Not saying I got the better end of the deal or anything just saying it was a deal that suited both clubs!

I think he could go 90 in the review

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

hope they hold off till after the WC, I've a longstanding agreement to buy Courtois at the end of a season in another GW, his damn price keeps going up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Was that to me mate??? I didn't know too much about him when I got him to replace Camacho but in general I was (still am) happy to have sold him for Dodo (especially!!!! Massive potential) Belfodil & cash!

Not saying I got the better end of the deal or anything just saying it was a deal that suited both clubs!

I think he could go 90 in the review

yeah think I let him go for 10mil because I had cover in his position.:(

Although I did get janko in the deal as well and he just got reserve player of the year so it wasn't to bad.

Harsh!!!!! Giggs has retired as a player!!! So close to getting 1 more season out of him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Harsh!!!!! Giggs has retired as a player!!! So close to getting 1 more season out of him!!!

You'll get all next season on soccermanager outta him I say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If he's retired now whats are the odds of it not being added to the game until next season?
    He it's added within the last 2 weeks he will get a black arrow and be gone by the start of next season.

Not if they update him to retired before start of next season.... Which is likely!

Edit.... Also it's not me that has him.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

More tempted than I thought I would be by the Kiev job.

On the one hand, there's a squad I've built from the ground up. There's also a league title to add to my collection and the squad I've built will be very competitive in Div 2 next year.

On the other hand, I'm unlikely to get back to back promotions and I have limited resources at Anzhi to massively change the squad. An extra 2-3 quality players would make a big difference though.

Mind you, back to back promotions would bring their own problems in Div 1 unless there was a significant cash injection.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm still willing to negotiate a little more on that deal if it helps you stay at Anhzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm still willing to negotiate a little more on that deal if it helps you stay at Anhzi.

I'm always willing to negotiate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

There's no point in dragging this out any further. I said I would wait until the last day of the season, but why wait when the decision is made.

On the 27th of December, 2013, I joined this gameworld with LA Galaxy and straight away, I was landed in a relegation battle with two games to go which unfortunately left me relegated by 2 points.

After that, 11 games, 19 points and mid table obscurity later, I moved back up to Division 3 once again to Beşiktaş JK on February 20th for 16 games and 28 points. However, this change in team wasn't to show off my skill, talent or whatever. It was to re start my interest in this game. It had weaned for a few weeks previous and I took it as a challenge to keep them in the playoffs. This however, was not enough to keep me interested, and on April 11th, I stepped out of the gameworld.

Exactly a month later, by pure coincidence I should add, I took over a team with excellent potential in FC Twente who found themselves on the cusp of relegation. This was another try to jumpstart my interest but alas, here we are again in the same situation.

So it has come down to this. I have decided it is time to call it a day on my SoccerManager career. I will leave FC Twente after this season or if someone declares their interest in the club, whichever comes first. It's almost fitting that I'll end where I began, a relegation battle in Division 3. Feel free to open the 24 hour applications now if needed. I would like to leave time for a new manager to get in before the summer break and get some transfers completed. I wont recommend a manager because we all know how well that works, but maybe Wilberto deserves it. I'll leave it up to you all.

I don't know if I'll stick around in the thread or not, I'll wait to congratulate my successor atleast. Good luck to everyone in whatever you all do in the future.

Finally, I would like to thank Eddy in allowing me to join this gameworld, as well as Princess Petulia Pissy Pants (Did well to remember that one) for letting me manage Man City to the Division 2 title in Copa Del Boards. I want to thank everyone else in the thread also for making me feel welcome and answering my queries and passing the time. Can someone pass this on to eireannBEAR too please?

So, I suppose, apply away lads. Oíche mhaith, agus slán beanacht.

There's no point in dragging this out any further. I said I would wait until the last day of the season, but why wait when the decision is made.

On the 27th of December, 2013, I joined this gameworld with LA Galaxy and straight away, I was landed in a relegation battle with two games to go which unfortunately left me relegated by 2 points.

After that, 11 games, 19 points and mid table obscurity later, I moved back up to Division 3 once again to Beşiktaş JK on February 20th for 16 games and 28 points. However, this change in team wasn't to show off my skill, talent or whatever. It was to re start my interest in this game. It had weaned for a few weeks previous and I took it as a challenge to keep them in the playoffs. This however, was not enough to keep me interested, and on April 11th, I stepped out of the gameworld.

Exactly a month later, by pure coincidence I should add, I took over a team with excellent potential in FC Twente who found themselves on the cusp of relegation. This was another try to jumpstart my interest but alas, here we are again in the same situation.

So it has come down to this. I have decided it is time to call it a day on my SoccerManager career. I will leave FC Twente after this season or if someone declares their interest in the club, whichever comes first. It's almost fitting that I'll end where I began, a relegation battle in Division 3. Feel free to open the 24 hour applications now if needed. I would like to leave time for a new manager to get in before the summer break and get some transfers completed. I wont recommend a manager because we all know how well that works, but maybe Wilberto deserves it. I'll leave it up to you all.

I don't know if I'll stick around in the thread or not, I'll wait to congratulate my successor atleast. Good luck to everyone in whatever you all do in the future.

Finally, I would like to thank Eddy in allowing me to join this gameworld, as well as Princess Petulia Pissy Pants (Did well to remember that one) for letting me manage Man City to the Division 2 title in Copa Del Boards. I want to thank everyone else in the thread also for making me feel welcome and answering my queries and passing the time. Can someone pass this on to eireannBEAR too please?

Sad too lose a player...

Our game world is leaking more than the village bicycle after a house party :(

Well we got 2 players in today and 12 gauge Dave has decided too stay so 3in 1 out isn't too bad.

Also remember lads that any friends ye have can take over a division 4 team even if there not on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Well we got 2 players in today and 12 gauge Dave has decided too stay so 3in 1 out isn't too bad.

Also remember lads that any friends ye have can take over a division 4 team even if there not on boards!

I know I just mean there's a ball of free teams compared to when I joined.

I know I just mean there's a ball of free teams compared to when I joined.

Around 12 by my count. I'm sure we'll fill those with a bit of a push

Feel free to open up the application system Eddy if you want. I'll stay until the end of the season if nobody is found, but as soon as anyone wants to take over, I'll step down and let them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

You could always try filling the shoes at hamburg if I get the job at Kiev, where all great managers are born;)

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    You could always try filling the shoes at hamburg if I get the job at Kiev, where all great managers are born;)

Nah, I'm not going to take up another team. I would say that this is it for me with SM. Thanks for the offer nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

2-1 Home win in the 1st leg of the semi final :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Nah, I'm not going to take up another team. I would say that this is it for me with SM. Thanks for the offer nonetheless.

Loosing another absolute Gent here folks, sad day & I hope this does not become a trend :(

hope you miss the game mate and come back to us ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Loosing another absolute Gent here folks, sad day & I hope this does not become a trend :(

Hopefully he can keep Twente up this season. It would definitely make them more of an attractive team to take over if they were still in D3 next season.

But yes, it's never good to see a manager leave, and especially one that actually makes regular contributions to the thread.

Thank you very much for that. I've already taken a break though and we see how well that worked out.
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Hopefully he can keep Twente up this season. It would definitely make them more of an attractive team to take over if they were still in D3 next season.

But yes, it's never good to see a manager leave, and especially one that actually makes regular contributions to the thread.

I'll try do my best to keep them up. They don't deserve to go down with that team when Velez Sarsfield are unmanaged above them. You never know, I might stay around the thread, have a good laugh when the thread goes up crap creek with out a paddle. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Am I seeing things or has the hamburg manager called it a day?
    Tevez navas and 2 other 90 players a good team for someone.
    Id love to go back to them and get them into division 1 they started in div 4 remember

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Id love to go back to them and get them into division 1 they started in div 4 remember

Jambo got the Kyiv job which is why he has quit Hamburg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I see. Welcome to division 1 jambo:)

• Advertisement

How's he top of the league :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement