Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Last minute decision to change back to my normal tactic out of superstition and boom, 4-0 win against Shakhtar. Everyone else in the top 5 as well though so no change in positions. Jesus it's tight as a ducks arse at the top of div2!

Two more games to try and keep the pressure on and hope the lads above me drop points!
    José Seaninho steered SL Benfica to victory against Shakhtar Donetsk.
    SL Benfica beat Shakhtar Donetsk 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Marchetti had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Kolarov, Honda and Džeko were amongst the goalscorers.

The Lazio manager is a disgrace.

Couldn't believe what I was reading.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Won 0-3 away to Juventus with Morata opening the scoring in the first minute ... What a capture he has turned out to be!

43pts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Won 0-3 away to Juventus with Morata opening the scoring in the first minute ... What a capture he has turned out to be!

Good stuff, looking forward to another season against Porto :)

The Lazio manager is a disgrace.

Couldn't believe what I was reading.

Does look like he left a few key players out and as a result his friend's team won a vital game... Fairly dodgy alright.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Good stuff, looking forward to another season against Porto :)

They are easy points for ya alrite .... Not next season i tell ya, not next season.

They are easy points for ya alrite .... Not next season i tell ya, not next season.

Hopefully I can get over the line and give you a run for your money in the race for 10th place :P

Matches against posters here are always better craic. Bitta banter meaning the win is all the more sweeter or loss is harder to take, depending on which side you're on

I can honestly say I wouldn't be still playing if it wasn't for these threads

Seaneh wrote: »
    Does look like he left a few key players out and as a result his friend's team won a vital game... Fairly dodgy alright.

He called it out before the twente game in tge last gameweek that he was safe and was going to play some youths ... Now he just clarified he did same this gameweek.

If he sticks eith that method till the last game of the season will it still be considered dodgy?

He called it out before the twente game in tge last gameweek that he was safe and was going to play some youths ... Now he just clarified he did same this gameweek.

If he sticks eith that method till the last game of the season will it still be considered dodgy?

Can I ask the audience? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Guess who's out of the relegation spots?

2-1 win against Palmeiras.

Knew I'd lose :( Slipped out of the playoffs now so must win last 2 games against 6th place unmanaged Club America and 10th place Galatasaray

Hopefully I can get over the line and give you a run for your money in the race for 10th place :P

My 12yrs olds are going rip division 1 apart next season ....the 0 on your prediction above is seriously misplaced :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Of course it will!

Not really, I am playing my youths - but they do much better for me than my supposed first team!

I was having a dig, the Lazio hierarchy are fuming with him if you believe what you read, he goes for every job available and wants to be fair to other teams rather than Lazio,

He must have his eye on one of them ;)

I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

2-0 win for my Everton team against Inter.

Top of Division 2 and a play off place secured at worst.

Can I ask the audience? :P

To be fair it getting tiring to have the same digs from / at the same people ....

Was there any complaints when he played an experimental side agaist twente ( no dig at twente by the way). Lazio stated they were safe and would do this before the previous game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Stop reminding me of the one that got away!!!!:D:D

I think when other teams are still playing for something, if you don't take it seriously and just play kids, especially against your friend, you're taking the piss.

To be fair it getting tiring to have the same digs from / at the same people ....

Was there any complaints when he played an experimental side agaist twente ( no dig at twente by the way). Lazio stated they were safe and would do this before the previous game.

Ah here, I was having a laugh and would have said the same if it was you, Mac, Lazio or anyone else

I think when other teams are still playing for something, if you don't take it seriously and just play kids, especially against your friend, you're taking the piss.

Why not call it out when he mentuoned it before the twente game? You just have a bee in your bonnet about tge Sporting thing .....

Why not call it out when he mentuoned it before the twente game? You just have a bee in your bonnet about tge Sporting thing .....

I didn't see it when he mentioned the twente game otherwise I'd have said "that kind of gives twente an unfair advantage". Which it does.

Either way, Sporting are going down and rightly so. so much for "they can manage themselves" because they've been left to do just that thanks to their absentee landlord of a manager.

• Advertisement

Ah here, I was having a laugh and would have said the same if it was you, Mac, Lazio or anyone else

Probably should have said same person in my post, not people .... Apologes (please dont revoke my best poster vote :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Rumblings regarding shakthar transfer policy!

phobia2011 wrote: »

So I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Lazio haven't played Twente yet. They played Sporting this evening. I don't want him to play a weakened team against me to be kind or to give me a shot. He suggested it to me in chat and I told him not to do it just to be kind. He said that his young players had concerns at not getting games and this was his solution to the problem.

The only team that could be affected by Lazio playing youths are Club America who are the last team they play. I'm sure that he will play a normal selection against them to make it fair to the other teams around them and vying for a playoff position.

phobia2011 wrote: »

Do divulge ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That is the danger with those type of deals, I am not going to comment on any individual or individual deal,

But shame on anybody who thrashes out a deal like the one mentioned and then pulls out when some parts have already been completed.

Do divulge ...

look at the newsfeed on boards league.

That is the danger with those type of deals, I am not going to comment on any individual or individual deal,

But shame on anybody who thrashes out a deal like the one mentioned and then pulls out when some parts have already been completed.

Yeah it's bad form alright. If monitoring was still on someone could report the original deal and get it reversed but alas we were conned into turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Do divulge ...

Sunderland lost Rossi for "nothing" and were promised adriano for balzaretti but Shaktar pulled out of the deal before it was completed, leaving Sunderland down a striker.

• Advertisement

Thats bad form!!

I'd like to think I've always been fair with people and have done a few deals where you buy my players, I'll come get yours in a months time or visa versa and have had no issue.

I've even rejected better deals once I agreed a deal with another cluub but cant complete due to bans, etc

Pity to hear not everyone can be that honest /fair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement