Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Two games left to play and after that I'm quitting as Bordeaux manager. I haven't won a match in 10 games having previously gone 13 games unbeaten. Two games ago I played 4 at the back against a bottom three side (Rangers) and conceded 4 in the first half! I've lost patience with my squad and have lost interest in the club. I'm going to stay with Hearts in the Good League though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Two games left to play and after that I'm quitting as Bordeaux manager. I haven't won a match in 10 games having previously gone 13 games unbeaten. Two games ago I played 4 at the back against a bottom three side (Rangers) and conceded 4 in the first half! I've lost patience with my squad and have lost interest in the club. I'm going to stay with Hearts in the Good League though.

Why not try a differnent club? Plenty of them free ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'll be leaving FC Twente in a weeks time so you can have them. Very good potential with the younger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The Shaktar manager might me trying to beef up their squad. Somewhere around 78 is his target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Club America are a good club, wealthy, with a decent squad.......although still unmanaged, i hope they make the play-offs!

• Advertisement

So, going by RL measures the relegation battle in D1 is over ... however, mister mathematically says anyone on less than 45pts can still be caught ...

| | Man Utd | Porto | Newcastle | Sunderland | LeverKusen
    _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____ | _____
    Thu 8 May | Division 1 | [A] Arsenal(L) | [A] Newcastle(D) | [H] FC Porto(D) | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] SSC Napoli(W)
    Sun 11 May | Division 1 | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [H] Liverpool(W) | [A] AC Milan(L) | [H] Chelsea(L) | [H] Dortmund(D)
    Thu 15 May | Division 1 | [A] Juventus(W) | [A] Arsena(L)l | [H] Liverpool(L) | [A] PSG(D) | [A] AC Milan(L)
    Sun 18 May | Division 1 | [H] Chelsea | [H] R. Madrid(L) | [A] B. Leverkusen(L) | [H] T. Hotspur(W) | [H] Newcastle(W)
    Thu 22 May | Division 1 | [A] PSG(D) | [A] Juventus(W) | [H] Arsenal(W) | [A] SSC Napoli(D) | [H] B. München(L)
    Sun 25 May | Division 1 | [H] T. Hotspur | [H] Chelsea | [A] B. München | [H] Dortmund | [A] Valencia
    Thu 29 May | Division 1 | [A] SSC Napoli | [A] PSG | [H] R. Madrid | [A] AC Milan | [H] D. Kyiv

Pos. | Team | Pld. | Gd. | Pts.
    13 | Paris Saint-Germain | 36 | -8 | 44
    14 | FC PORTO | 36 | -8 | 43
    15 | SSC Napoli | 36 | -7 | 42
    16 | Manchester United | 36 | -15 | 41
    17 | Liverpool | 36 | -15 | 41
    18 | Newcastle United | 36 | -21 | 38
    19 | Sunderland | 36 | -14 | 35
    20 | Bayer Leverkusen (R) | 36 | -27 | 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Drew 2-2 in my first game against cruzeiro , came back from two nil down so was happy with the comeback..

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Stop reminding me of the one that got away!!!!:D:D

Reminding you? like this?

Player | Club | Comp | App | GS | Ass | MoM | AvP | YC | RC
    A.Morata | FC Porto | Division 1 | 6 (0) | 3 | 3 | 0 | 7.5 | 0 | 0

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Reminding you? like this?

Player | Club | Comp | App | GS | Ass | MoM | AvP | YC | RC
    A.Morata | FC Porto | Division 1 | 6 (0) | 3 | 3 | 0 | 7.5 | 0 | 0
    :cool:

I hate you.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Newcastle and Liverpool are both going to lose their last two games, Sunderland will win both and stay up by goal difference.
    #believe

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I hate you.....
    Hate is such a strong word :D

with THAT youth squad and you still spend your evenings crying in the corner over my super talent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Yeah.... eh...... ok...

Well, I suppose first off, if your having a bit of banter, use the smilies else it comes across as serious statements and what not.... hard to tell if someone is being dead serious or pulling the piss over a forum....

As for the rest well....

1. to the 2 lads that I have on ignore, well I'm not responding to anything ye have to say ever again so belt away and comment on me all ye like, makes NO odds to me...

2. As for 'going for every club' I seem to recall not going for Hamburg or Kyiv (who were at the time in the top 5 of D1) I have a list of teams that I will throw my hat at, regardless of what others may say I am not going for 'every' position... A few jobs would tempt me, which is why I go for them, as per any other manager on this game..... Didn't realize it was against the rules to apply for other vacant positions....

Now.... most importantly.....
    3. Twente & Sporting..... Not that I need to explain to anyone who has ever watched a league from start to finish as to what I did/am doing (i.e. nothing to play for, experimenting as per RL) but there are some out there (I say this SERIOUSLY) that are sooooooo thick that it needs explaining to them........ I had 3 games left.... Sporting/Twente/Unmanaged..... I've not played weakened teams against Sporting (and will do so against Twenete) to 'GIVE' them points, no as GT so correctly pointed out I raised the issue of 75 rated players showing concerns for 'lack of first team opportunities' now as many of you know I am building a team for the furture more than anything as it is impossible to compete with the big boys as is because of the way the teams were set day 1, I'm not complaining about that at all thats just the way it is, what I'm doing (as many others are) is LONG TERM planning, i.e. I don't want these rated 75 and up players to get ANY concerns as I want to keep them, if I am safe in the league and have no chance of getting promoted then AS MANAGER OF LAZIO I am totally and utterly without reservation well within my rights to play these players.... I signed them, they are part of my long term plans and if I can find game time for them that will not affect others then I will do that.

BOTTOM LINE.... BOTH TWENTE AND SPORTING WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME RATED TEAM, SO NO ADVANTAGE HAS BEEN HANDED TO EITHER OF THEM......

Look, long story short is anyone that has been knocking around this forum for any length of time will know what all this is about, like I've said before its juvenile and I won't be responding to any taunts.....

bazarakus wrote: »
    Dean can't slag anyone off for giving their word then welshing on a deal .... he's done that before himself

When?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

How will i know if i have made the ignore list?

BOTTOM LINE.... BOTH TWENTE AND SPORTING WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME RATED TEAM, SO NO ADVANTAGE HAS BEEN HANDED TO EITHER OF THEM......

Oh that's grand so, sure you gave two teams you like an unfair advantage over the other teams around them like Lyon, totally fair there.

You just have to hope and pray.

There are 2 on it, I could not quote you if you had..... :D

see I'm as good as safe myself ... and looking to sell boateng at the end of the season, so I might leave him out of my next startign 11 to see how i'll do without him next season, Lescott and Cambiasso might be in that boat to ... is that wrong?

I played a team of 87 against I think newcastle this season and won, I wasnt trying to give anyone points, I was jsut on a **** run and needed to try something differnent.

I can hear the argument of ' use the friendlies for that' coming out at some point, but how often have the friendly results reflected the competitive game results?

see I'm as good as safe myself ... and looking to sell boateng at the end of the season, so I might leave him out of my next startign 11 to see how i'll do without him next season ... is that wrong?

I can hear the argument of ' use the friendlies for that' coming out at some point, but how often have the friendly results reflected the competitive game results?

If you're playing against teams still in the mix for the title/relegation/europe spots I'd say it's bad form to be honest. I'd hope nobody plays a weaker team against me in the last two games just because their own seasons are over.

Seaneh wrote: »
    If you're playing against teams still in the mix for the title/relegation/europe spots I'd say it's bad form to be honest. I'd hope nobody plays a weaker team against me in the last two games just because their own seasons are over.

So just sell my lads and hope I'll come next season?

• Advertisement

Also, I've left 2 90s on the bench and played Morata(him again :p) and Salah for the last 5-6 games, and they have probably saved me ... technically it is weakening my team but they did better than the lads that were 90. but is it not just my managerial brilliance :cool:

So just sell my lads and hope I'll come next season?

I didn't say that, there are more than 2 options here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Change clubs bud.lots of free good teams! Fresh season fresh challenge!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Change clubs bud.lots of free good teams! Fresh season fresh challenge!

Seconded, some very good teams free atm.

I didn't say that, there are more than 2 options here.
    enlighten me

see I'm as good as safe myself ... and looking to sell boateng at the end of the season, so I might leave him out of my next startign 11 to see how i'll do without him next season, Lescott and Cambiasso might be in that boat to ... is that wrong?

I played a team of 87 against I think newcastle this season and won, I wasnt trying to give anyone points, I was jsut on a **** run and needed to try something differnent.

Friendlies don't contribute to affect concerns though....... only SM games count as proper game time... which is why this 75's developing concerns is a load of tosh

enlighten me

Wait until the start of next season if you want. But if you are willingly weakening your team against teams still playing for something I think it's bad form.

I won't "drop" a first teamer unless he's tired or injured if it means the other team have a chance of getting an edge against the people around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sealed promotion in style

Athletic Club beat Olympique Lyonnais 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gómez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gaitán and Toivonen were also amongst the goalscorers.

Yip yip!!

Also, congrats to Anzhi - I'd like to say I pushed you close, but that wouldn't quite be true

Also, I've left 2 90s on the bench and played Morata(him again :p) and Salah for the last 5-6 games, and they have probably saved me ... technically it is weakening my team but they did better than the lads that were 90. but is it not just my managerial brilliance :cool:
    Wait until the start of next season if you want. But if you are willingly weakening your team against teams still playing for something I think it's bad form.

I won't "drop" a first teamer unless he's tired or injured if it means the other team have a chance of getting an edge against the people around them.

but what is the differnence between

me dropping boateng(91) for maicon(89) to see if my team is strong enough without boateng

AND

me dropping lennon(90) and replacing him with Morata(87) because I was rtying to get the results I needed to stay up?

I'm managing my team and sometimes play lower rated players (shock horror) because I have faith in them doing a job

• Advertisement

Sealed promotion in style

Athletic Club beat Olympique Lyonnais 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Gómez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gaitán and Toivonen were also amongst the goalscorers.

Yip yip!!

Well done fella. You've done it with a decent team but it's not easy to get them to click, your division is full of good teams being mismanaged and you showed the others how it's done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement