Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    but what is the differnence between

me dropping boateng(91) for maicon(89) to see if my team is strong enough without boateng

AND

me dropping lennon(90) and replacing him with Morata(87) because I was rtying to get the results I needed to stay up?

I'm managing my team and sometimes play lower rated players (shock horror) because I have faith in them doing a job

tbh I don't think there is a difference. It's your team in the end and you can do what you want but even still what your doing is different than dropping 89's and 90's and playing players in the low 80's against your mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Change clubs bud.lots of free good teams! Fresh season fresh challenge!

What clubs are free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

São Paulo div 2
    Bejitaks div 3
    Club America div 3
    Udinede div 3
    Velez sarsfield div 3
    Boca,chivas, Basel gremio , panthikianos braga all div 4. Take a look at the squads and let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    São Paulo div 2
    Bejitaks div 3
    Club America div 3
    Udinede div 3
    Velez sarsfield div 3
    Boca,chivas, Basel gremio , panthikianos braga all div 4. Take a look at the squads and let me know

There are some good clubs there with some very decent players, if your bored mate instead of leaving take on a fresh challenge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

SANTOS, Fábio D,DM,M(L) 28 87
    http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=17676

and

MAICON, Marques AM(RL),F(RLC) 24 87
    http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=34226

Available for cash at season end. They'd do as cheap back up for some team I'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against Udinese Calcio.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Estudiantes and Udinese Calcio in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux and Zapata were amongst the goalscorers.

Considering super-sub Duvan Zapata put us 2-1 up with 3 minutes to go, it was a bit disappointing to draw that one!!

However, that point has effectively guaranteed us a play-off spot by virtue of stronger goal difference (10 goals) over Palmeiras.

I know I'm not going to win the play-off but still, I'm just delighted we managed to last to pace and not finish in 15th position like the last two seasons!

A job well done Wilberto and it's not finished yet :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Flamengo were 5 games unbeaten,in good form going away to play the youths of Genoa but whats this,Eto is finally available to start,do I play him?....of course I do...get absolutely slaughtered by Genoa,Eto gets booked and ends up with the lowest rating in the game.

The Flamengo manager then issued this press release
    i-dont-often-ryykvn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Crowned champions of Division 4 :)

Absolutely chuffed, obviously being first season playing the game, and taking over a team towards the start.

Will need to start looking at my squad to trim the fat and bring in some improvements when I stepup to Div3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

one point off the playoffs.
    Won 5 in a row.

Do I dare.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Al Capwned wrote: »
    one point off the playoffs.
    Won 5 in a row.

Do I dare.....

I hope so mate would be nice to have yourself and balemessaldo back in the top flight.

If you make the playoffs and beat me I'll cry.

TheDoc wrote: »

Absolutely chuffed, obviously being first season playing the game, and taking over a team towards the start.

Will need to start looking at my squad to trim the fat and bring in some improvements when I stepup to Div3

Well done mate great feeling to get out of division 4:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

A 6-1 win over Anderlecht puts Bremen back into third, joint 60 points with 2nd placed Malaga and 4th placed Flamengo.

The score has brought our goal difference up to the same as Malaga :eek: Real neck and neck stuff.

Iago wrote: »
    20 unbeaten in the league

25 unbeaten in all comps

Shield Winners

Promotion achieved to Div 2

Division 3 Winners

Another goal from Pirlo seals the Division 3 title to complete the double for Anzhi

Anzhi outclassed Beşiktaş JK and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Pirlo was on the scoresheet for his side.

Just seen this wow I think im going to have to change my manager of the season vote and I think everyone else should too thats insane.

Get yourself into division 1 immediately I want to take you on:) ha

20 games unbeaten in the league is small time.
    ;)

Seaneh wrote: »
    ;)

I think my best is 13 or 14 I think last season my best this season is 5 or 6 tops id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

;)

:D

Ahh, but it's not just 20 unbeaten in the league is it?

it's also 25 in all comps, on the way to a League & Shield double, where I beat two of the top 10 in Div 1, who have two of the best managers in the game at their helm (Juventus & Dortmund) as well as the champions elect of Div 2 (Everton)

Lowest number of defeats across all 4 divisions
    Highest Points total across all 4 divisions
    Lowest goals conceded across all 4 divisions

I mean please don't call me arrogant, but I've done the double with a Div3 team (only 4 players at 90+) and I think I'm a special one.

You could win 20 leagues and theyd still hate mate i got alot of sly remarks last season aswell.
    just keeping doing your thing and get hold of a div 1 team as soon as you can. Whats your manager ranking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

My first win with LA Galaxy, w00t!

• Advertisement

You could win 20 leagues and theyd still hate mate i got alot of sly remarks last season aswell.
    just keeping doing your thing and get hold of a div 1 team as soon as you can. Whats your manager ranking?

I'm eyeing up Valencia alright, but I'm emotionally committed to Anzhi :)

I think I'm 31 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

TheDoc wrote: »

Well done, Auxerre were my 1st team and have been keeping an eye on them since I left, they are in great form!
    Also nice to see my other team Malaga recovering from the 12th place I left them in at the start of the season to be in with a strong shout of automatic promotion. The manager there (also a former Auxerre manager) has finally got them to perform, something that 3 former managers couldn't do!

I'm eyeing up Valencia alright, but I'm emotionally committed to Anzhi :)

I think I'm 31 at the moment

Has anyone even applied for Valencia??

Well done on your winning streak mate, its to be commended. Of course there are those that will hate but its all part of if I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Well done man, thank god your gone from D3 next year!!!!

Summer transfer window and how it will affect your SM club/players

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057215391

Has anyone even applied for Valencia??

Well done on your winning streak mate, its to be commended. Of course there are those that will hate but its all part of if I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Well done man, thank god your gone from D3 next year!!!!

Cheers :)

Nobody has applied for Valencia yet, would like to stay with Anzhi but there's no money to be had.

Smallest capacity stadium in Div 3, so that will really hurt in Div 2.

:D

Ahh, but it's not just 20 unbeaten in the league is it?

it's also 25 in all comps, on the way to a League & Shield double, where I beat two of the top 10 in Div 1, who have two of the best managers in the game at their helm (Juventus & Dortmund) as well as the champions elect of Div 2 (Everton)

Lowest number of defeats across all 4 divisions
    Highest Points total across all 4 divisions
    Lowest goals conceded across all 4 divisions

I mean please don't call me arrogant, but I've done the double with a Div3 team (only 4 players at 90+) and I think I'm a special one.

Yawn.
    27 games unbeaten and won the league at a canter with sporting and then saved Benfica from relegation, all in my first full season of playing and now in my second full season I'm a point off first place and automatic promotion with 2 games to go.

Yawn.
    27 games unbeaten and won the league at a canter with sporting and then saved Benfica from relegation, all in my first full season of playing and now in my second full season I'm a point off first place and automatic promotion with 2 games to go.

That was only Div 4 though ;)

That was only Div 4 though ;)

you're only winning in Div 3 though, I'm 1 point off the top in the most competitive league in the game world after saving them from relegation in the last handful of games of the season before.

You're 14 points ahead of 3rd, in my division if you took 14 points off of 1st they'd be 12th place.

In your post above you applaud yourself for winning the league at a canter... Iago does it and it means nothing!? Strange logic there.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    In your post above you applaud yourself for winning the league at a canter... Iago does it and it means nothing!? Strange logic there.

I countered his claim that "that was only Div 4" when I did what he's doing (only better).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement