Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You have to remember that Xavi and Ribery are 1% players.

Most teams in Div3 and Div4 simple can't make an attractive offer and teams in Div2 won't want to lose 2 or 3 of there best players just to get 1 big player.

I'd love Xavi but there's no offer i could make that would work for both of us.

No, that's fair enough. I wouldn't be expecting lower Div teams to kill themselves in fairness.

More though that I see there's some teams in higher divs who have players developing concerns, who aren't getting played, or are even transfer listed...but still wouldn't swap anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So when does the silly season of transfers start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No, that's fair enough. I wouldn't be expecting lower Div teams to kill themselves in fairness.

More though that I see there's some teams in higher divs who have players developing concerns, who aren't getting played, or are even transfer listed...but still wouldn't swap anyway...

Yeah but the type of players you would want aren't the type that are developing concerns and getting transfer listed - 89 rated is the most I've seen hit level 5 concern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

After the last game of the season Blobby.

I've brought in Ranocchia and Balzaretti in the last week, that'll do me for the time being

• Advertisement

Well when Ramsey gets 91* i'll be adding him to the silly season list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Palmerias already sent an offer.

Crap, I won the friendly. That means I'll probably lose my important match tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Colemania wrote: »
    Crap, I won the friendly. That means I'll probably lose my important match tomorrow!

That's why I don't play friendlies!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well when Ramsey gets 91* i'll be adding him to the silly season list.

Why wait :)

Iago wrote: »
    Why wait :)

I haven't had any good offers.. ;)

• Advertisement

I haven't had any good offers.. ;)

Harsh ;)

Well, that moved fast. Xavi will be moving to Italy at the end of the season then :pac:

Next up.

Ramirez (91, Chelsea) is available thanks to the Xavi deal as I'll now have a spare midfielder. Would like to trade him for a center or left back at 89+. Can throw in Dragovic and/or DeMarcos as well depending on the player. And/or cash too :)

Also could do Hernandez (91) and the "Next, Next, Next Messi" Deulofeu (87) and cash go for a 90+ striker with potential :P

Well, that moved fast. Xavi will be moving to Italy at the end of the season then :pac:

Next up.

Ramirez (91, Chelsea) is available thanks to the Xavi deal as I'll now have a spare midfielder. Would like to trade him for a center or left back at 89+. Can throw in Dragovic and/or DeMarcos as well depending on the player. And/or cash too :)

Also could do Hernandez (91) and the "Next, Next, Next Messi" Deulofeu (87) and cash go for a 90+ striker with potential :P

You on chat?

Deal agreed for Ramires with Inter :)
    Busy night in London as deals for 4 new first teamers are agreed for next season :D
    Lloris
    Walker - Vertongen - Dragovic - XXXX
    XXXX - XXXX
    Turan - XXXX - Muniain
    Hernandez

Thanks to the three people I've agreed deals with so far. Been nice and easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Deal agreed for Ramires with Inter :)
    Busy night in London as deals for 4 new first teamers are agreed for next season :D
    Lloris
    Walker - Vertongen - Dragovic - XXXX
    XXXX - XXXX
    Turan - XXXX - Muniain
    Hernandez

Thanks to the three people I've agreed deals with so far. Been nice and easy :)

Castlemaine United starting XI that. Bonza!

I've brought in Ranocchia and Balzaretti in the last week, that'll do me for the time being

I lied, Manolo Gabbiadini will be joining Athletic Club from Lazio for the sum of 8.5m - delighted - and now I'm off transfers for the time being

Also, a nod to tupac - a pleasure to deal with once again sir

3rd deal in a similar number of weeks tonight that was agreed and done before the manager then pulled it after "talking to people online"

I'll be leaving the GW at the end of the season, can't be bothered dealing with the nonsense anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

3rd deal in a similar number of weeks tonight that was agreed and done before the manager then pulled it after "talking to people online"

I'll be leaving the GW at the end of the season, can't be bothered dealing with the nonsense anymore.

Don't blame you for being majorly irked by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Harsh if a deal was agreed and then gone back on ... Once I agree to a deal with a team I (atleast I hope I) do stick to it ... I've even turned down better offers after agreeing a deal with someone behind the scenes.

I'm still willing to talk about 'HIM' if you were going to stick around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sure about that ;)

• Advertisement

yeah it's not pleasant and three times must feel like a kick in the happy sack - soldier on buddy, you had a great season and it would be a shame if you didn't give it a crack for one more season at least

Sure about that ;)

Look up :D

While I think a manager has the right to pull out of a deal at any time, I'd be really p!ssed if someone was causing transfers to collapse

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    While I think a manager has the right to pull out of a deal at any time, I'd be really p!ssed if someone was causing transfers to collapse

I'd like to think that when ya agree a deal ... the right thing to do is stick to that deal ... however, dont know the ins and outs of what happened in this case...

You should name and shame!!
    Because if people get called out on that crap, they might stop doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I've done this a few times but in my defence I didn't have a clue what I was doing cos I was new to this and I was told I was getting a bad deal but I was never told to pull out, that was my decision.

In the end I got much better deals for those players I almost sold for worse deals

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'd like to think that when ya agree a deal ... the right thing to do is stick to that deal ... however, dont know the ins and outs of what happened in this case...

Things happen, circumstances change. I don't ever remember backing out of a deal after agreeing it bar Benzema-Robben which I eventually went through with, but if I had a good enough reason I'd have no problem pulling the plug

You should name and shame!!
    Because if people get called out on that crap, they might stop doing it.

fingers crossed, rockingin the feathal position : "please dont be me, please dont be me, please dont be me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Gedion Zelalem is available for transfer if any Arsenal fans are interested in him.

I'd like to offer him + cash for a player that would strengthen my first team

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Next up.

Any interest in Kolarov for Ramirez?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement