Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Seaneh wrote: »
    You've been acting like a child over this since it happened. You blocked him several times, other managers have had to as go betweens because you wouldn't respond to his messages. You know you're in the wrong and unrepentant for it. It's too late now anyway as he took your latest hisshy fit as the end of it and traded the player in question with someone else. You got two of his first team players and then reneged on your side of the deal.

I've told Lord Voldemort that I will reverse our Balzaretti deal if it means they can clean this mess up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Beefy78 wrote: »
    There's three options here:
    1) Reverse the deal
    2) Leave things as they are
    3) Swap Adriano (89) for Balzaretti (90).

I feel another poll coming on!!! :D :P :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This, to me, is why it's vital to make sure both sides are not only happy with a deal but also are aware of it's status, especially when it comes to deals based on promises.

EB seems to think that the deal was never off the table; that once the deal fell through, they would simply pick it back up next time they could do a deal. Fair enough.

Beefy seems to think that the deal died the day it was blocked; that once it fell through, their business was done and they could talk again whenever they could do deals again. Honestly, that's fair enough too.

Both are actually completely logical stances to take imo. I do think both should have actually made sure the other was on the same page; a quick PM 3 months ago would have sorted this out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This, to me, is why it's vital to make sure both sides are not only happy with a deal but also are aware of it's status, especially when it comes to deals based on promises.

EB seems to think that the deal was never off the table; that once the deal fell through, they would simply pick it back up next time they could do a deal. Fair enough.

Beefy seems to think that the deal died the day it was blocked; that once it fell through, their business was done and they could talk again whenever they could do deals again. Honestly, that's fair enough too.

Both are actually completely logical stances to take imo. I do think both should have actually made sure the other was on the same page; a quick PM 3 months ago would have sorted this out.

They have been talking about this since it happened. It's not like it's just now becoming an issue. Shakhtar are pulling out because Adriano had a good season and Balz didn't. He said as much in a private message to the other manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've sent him a message on SM. Hopefully we can thrash out a deal like two grown ups.

Cheers all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Typical Sunday always an argument.

They have been talking about this since it happened. It's not like it's just now becoming an issue. Shakhtar are pulling out because Adriano had a good season and Balz didn't. He said as much in a private message to the other manager.

I'm not "pulling out". That is the reason why I don't want to complete the deal. That's no secret.

We hadn't spoken in months until last week. Maybe check your facts before talking about conversations that you're a third party to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm not "pulling out". That is the reason why I don't want to complete the deal. That's no secret.

We hadn't spoken in months until last week. Maybe check your facts before talking about conversations that you're a third party to.

So at the time it happened you two didn't talk about it and another manager didn't act as a go between because you were ignoring eb? You are claiming it's only recently become an issue?

EB turned down several offers for Balz during the season because he had already agreed to a deal with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

What would help would be if everyone just left the two young fellas to sort tings out between them. The amount of people jumping on Beefy for this when by their own admission they don't know both sides of the story is tantamount to bullying. It's been said before and it will be said again: it's only a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ive done a few deals with people where a second deal would carry over into next season ... In my case i never considered that second transfer, which couldnt get done due to to bans or max deals reached btwn clubs, as cancelled. I consider them on hold but i do make sure i call it out to tge other manager.

That how i view my transfers anyway.

• Advertisement

So at the time it happened you two didn't talk about it and another manager didn't act as a go between because you were ignoring eb? You are claiming it's only recently become an issue?

EB turned down several offers for Balz during tube season because he had already agreed to a deal with you.

We talked about it and the conversations didn't end with a firm commitment from either side. I already said that EB tried to broker other deals.

He may have turned down offers for Balzeretti but he accepted an offer for Balde Keita who was supposed to be coming my way at cost as part of the deal. I know at the time that I took that to be the final nail in the coffin of the Adriano deal.

We talked about it and the conversations didn't end with a firm commitment from either side. I already said that EB tried to broker other deals.

He may have turned down offers for Balzeretti but he accepted an offer for Balde Keita who was supposed to be coming my way at cost as part of the deal. I know at the time that I took that to be the final nail in the coffin of the Adriano deal.

Hey, dont be dragging my player into this. He is a sensitive soul and could be deeply affected by having his name published on boards :D

Right, drama over, we're going to work something out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Right, drama over, we're going to work something out next week.

3kw2NV5.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome :)

Right then, back to kick starting silly season :D

I'd like to do straight swaps (or improvements with some kids and cash thrown in) for the following...

Kyle Walker
    Arda Turan
    Iker Muniain
    Hernandez

All are younger, all have potential (some with the right moves this summer) so if they all stick round, I'm not bothered. Ideally I'd put one with a kid (even if it's Delefou, Bakkali or whoever) and get myself a good, solid upgrade. I've sent round a few PMs so far and will be sending more over the next few days as well :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd like a centre back please. 89/90. Mid to late 20's. How much is one of those going for these days?!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I need some 90 or higher rated players, pacifically to play at centre half or wing/right/left midfield. I can offer two 88 rated players for one 90 or higher rated player. Or oodles of cash.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'd like a centre back please. 89/90. Mid to late 20's. How much is one of those going for these days?!!

:D

Straight forward deal or complicated deal?

I'll be on chat in a while and might move one on

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Straight forward deal or complicated deal?

I'll be on chat in a while and might move one on

Ideally straight forward!!! I'm not sure if I can afford a 90 to be honest, unless they're early 30's but sure we'll see!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seeing as people are asking....

I might sell Smalling for the right offer! Offer away lads

• Advertisement

On second thoughts, I probably won't be buying a defender (or indeed a player) as I just remembered that I have no money. All these trips between Europe and Argentina are really hitting us hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Valencia are looking for a striker!

Rumour about that chelsea will be wondering what happened to their title challenge after tonights meeting with Porto.

SBR has stated he will take little pleasure from seeing a team falter soo close to the finish line but his team arent here just to make up the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Right to any of you youth horders I have Uroš Spajic (21, 86 DC) Luis Martins (21, 85 D,DM,M,AM(L) ) and Issiga Sylla (20, 85, D,DM,M(L) ) available for p/e.

martins and Sylla are TB currently but am open to discussing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Right to any of you youth horders I have Uroš Spajic (21, 86 DC) Luis Martins (21, 85 D,DM,M,AM(L) ) and Issiga Sylla (20, 85, D,DM,M(L) ) available for p/e.

Has any one got Eddy's number?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I tried to bid on Spajic but my chairmen wouldn't let me..:D:D

God, i hate my chairman!!

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I tried to bid on Spajic but my chairmen wouldn't let me..:D:D

God, i hate my chairman!!

PM on SM mate.

PM on SM mate.

Pm sent ....

Can add some cash ;)

On another note, I reckon automatic promotion hopes for Werder Bremen could be dashed tonight as we play 4th placed Flamengo, with Dawson suspended and a couple of other first teamers needing a rest :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On another note, I reckon automatic promotion hopes for Werder Bremen could be dashed tonight as we play 4th placed Flamengo, with Dawson suspended and a couple of other first teamers needing a rest :(
    Well I've dropped Eto after only playing 1 game for the club so..:pac:
    I dont see Malaga slipping up anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement