Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

WOW!!!!!!!!

Real madrid have just won back to back titles.

Chelsea draw and madrid win in the final game to see real madrid the champions of division 1 for season 3.

This one is special as its not half peppers so people cant bitch and moan like last season.

I must say though chelsea deserved it more and it must be very hard for chelsea manager to take but he will be back next season he is a top manager.

So ladies and gentlemen im the daddy for the second season in a row :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Finished season 3 with a 2-1 away win to PSG and subsequently jumped them in the table to take a few more reddies when the prize money is getting dished out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looking back at everything.. This season has been the best yet!
    Pretty much every division was neck and neck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Real, put down the champpers and accept my offer :P

Just noficed it's my fellow promotees from S1 and the one that won a cup that will make the drop from D1.

Hard luck guys.

#showsomebouncebackability!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Real, put down the champpers and accept my offer :P

Yes, you should do this... (but only for my offer)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lazio reserves slumped to a 1- blah blah blah, don't care!

Bring on the transfers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Only got a draw but delighted for Real, well done on the win. Chelsea put up a serious flight and I had a good battle with AC for 3rd. Happy enough with 4th myself, should do better next season!

Ended on 5th, so only one off my goal. Aiming for first next season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Manchester United.
    SSC Napoli outclassed Manchester United and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Volland scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Salvio and Nastasić were also amongst the goalscorers.

Did not see that one coming!!! Nice send off for the departing players!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Sadly lost but but I can console myself by saying that even a win wouldn't have got me into the champions league.

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Dynamo Kyiv defeat to Bayer Leverkusen.
    Dynamo Kyiv slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen in their Division 1 fixture.
    Huntelaar scored the only goal for Dynamo Kyiv and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Actually doing well in matches just not getting goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Beat Sunderland to secure Top 4 finish and get into the champions league. Happy to beat him as he promised to beat me down. He team's average rating is 90, my team's average rating is 90. He got relegated and I got into the big one. I guess some folk can't keep their mouths shut and can't take a joke.

Enjoy the summer, see all y'all next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The match ended 1 - 1 between Valencia and Bayern in their Division 1 fixture.
    Pereira was on the scoresheet for his side.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Beat Sunderland to secure Top 4 finish and get into the champions league. Happy to beat him as he promised to beat me down. He team's average rating is 90, my team's average rating is 90. He got relegated and I got into the big one. I guess some folk can't keep their mouths shut and can't take a joke.

Don't know how to break this to you, but this is easily the busiest part of the season!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Lost after a little shake up, think there is alot of work to be done during silly season.... my main target has decided to head to tottenham (gutted)

at least former, Club America made the playoffs, i tip them to come up : ) - i'll take credit for that, not for nearly relegating the mighty PSG!!!!!!

Spurs and Real Madrid have come to an agreement with regards the transfers of three players.

Spurs will see Luka Modric take on a familiar white jersey as he returns to North London.

In return, Leon Goretzka and Henrik Mkhitaryan will be moving to sunnier climates in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

bazarakus wrote: »

AC beating Sunderland in the league is a victory!? :D some lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Lazio reserves slumped to a 1- blah blah blah, don't care!

Bring on the transfers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost to club America 1 nil.....

Club America beat me to the last playoff spot by a point....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Promoted straight back up into Division 1 with my Everton team.

Scraped over the line in the end!

Colemania wrote: »
    You lost to club America 1 nil.....

Club America beat me to the last playoff spot by a point....

And I put out a weak team against Twente last week and won.....

Its your teams draw with Galatasaray that left you down mate, not me....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Spurs and Real Madrid have come to an agreement with regards the transfers of three players.

Spurs will see Luka Modric take on a familiar white jersey as he returns to North London.

In return, Leon Goretzka and Henrik Mkhitaryan will be moving to sunnier climates in Spain.

I was a hesitant because I believe modric might just hit 94 but im a big fan of mkhitarayn and goretzka and believe they are both future 92 rated players and a bit of youth is needed here at madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Looking back at everything.. This season has been the best yet!
    Pretty much every division was neck and neck.

cough...

Anzhi outclassed VfB Stuttgart and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Soldado scored the winner for Anzhi and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Anzhi have now won 7 games in a row after beating VfB Stuttgart setting a new club record.

After their result against VfB Stuttgart, Anzhi are now unbeaten in 22 League games setting a new club record for most League games unbeaten in a row.

After their result against VfB Stuttgart, Anzhi are now unbeaten in 27 games in all competitions setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Div 3 & Shield Double

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

now to try and avoid being relegated next season

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Inter Milan finish the season with 2 wins in a row, roll on next season! BTW congrats to all the champions tonight and also iv loads of cash I need to get rid of before the italian fa investigate my accounts!! Any one selling players for cash?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Inter Milan finish the season with 2 wins in a row, roll on next season! BTW congrats to all the champions tonight and also iv loads of cash I need to get rid of before the italian fa investigate my accounts!! Any one selling players for cash?????

i think Stephen Ireland would be a hit in the san siro

2 deals to be announced by Porto tonight. Both to complete before or around the turn of the season.

Jerome Boateng:
    so I had a few enquires(about 5 in total) and out of which 3 genuine offers transpired ...

I wont name the non winning teams in question, the offers were as follows:

Team A:
    2 young 88 rated players ( a DC and a DMC) tempting but when others were willing to part with 3 players - imho the offer justt didnt cut iteven if the potential of the 2 players was huge

Team B:
    A young 88 DC, a young 86 FC and another undecided on young 85-86 -- more tempting and had a certain man not been part of the last teams offer I would have taken this offer

Team C:
    A Belgian 89 La Liga winning DC, imho a super talented 17yr 83 rated Belgian and a little gamble on a spurs 19yr old 80 rated player( but with Poncitinio taking over at spurs since the offer was made and him seemingly fond of giving younths a chance ... not a huge gamble after all)

So the deal for Jerome Boateng is:

MY PLAYER | POS | AGE | RATE | COMMENT
    BOATENG, Jérôme | D(RlC) | 25 | 91 |
    LAZIO PLAYERS | POS | AGE | RATE | COMMENT
    ALDERWEIRELD, Toby | D(RC) | 25 | 89 | closer in rating to Boateng than other replacements offered
    TIELEMANS, Youri | DM,M(C) | 17 | 83 | This is really the reason for the deal swinging this way for me
    BENTALEB, Nabil | DM,M,AM(C) | 19 | 80 | a little gamble

=====================

Simon Migniolet:

After missing out on Courtois 2ce in our first few seasons, it became apparent in the last few days that the current Belgian number 2 GK might be up for grabs ... Initially I did hesitate at this one, afterall it had been rumoured that Migniolet was single handely responsable for Sunderlands demise this season. However ... durning meetings with the player it has become very clear to me that all that was lacking during his time as Sunderland a few belgian beers and a carton of chips now and again ... Migniolet himself has expressed his delight at joining the club that is known all over the world as 'Little Belgium'

James McCarthy on the other hand has stated it's impossible to get a decent pint of Guiness in these parts and has agreed to be used as part exchange
    in the Migniolet deal.

MCCARTHY, James | DM,M,AM(C) | 23 |89
    NAPOLI PLAYERS | POS | AGE | RATE | COMMENT
    MIGNOLET, Simon | GK | 26 | 89
    KOWNACKI, Dawid | AM(C),F(RLC) | 17 | 78 | Arsenal bound in RL?
    ZIVKOVIC, Richairo | AM(R),F(RC) | 17 | 80 | the next god_know_who tbh

#sillyseason #3morebelgians #fcporto #sslazio #sscnapoli

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Malaga,Werder Bremen and Flamengo have been flip-flopping around in this promotion spot in Div 4 for the last few games now.
    Coming into the final game day Werder and Flamengo were level on points but Werder had a good 5 goal difference on them.
    Werder were at home against a decent Bordeaux team but they were now managerless and had lost 4 on the trot.
    Flamengo themselves traveled to third from bottom Standard Liege,they themselves also managerless.
    So decision time for the Flamengo management,do they play the normal tactics,try to get the win and hope Werder draw or lose or......go balls to the walls all out attack!!!
    Expecting a Werder win but hoping it would only be by a goal,option number 2 was taken,Eto was recalled to the lineup after his disappointing debut as goals were needed.
    Carlos Bacca led the battle cry "Insert obligatory Braveheart/Any Given Sunday speech here"

And so 8.30 rolls round,log back in,a new record has been....thats either really good or really bad me thinks,
    Flamengo have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Standard Liège 0 - 6.
    Eto with 2!
    But how did Werder do? A 1-1 draw with Bordeaux(which was bad luck as Brodeaux only has the one on target)

Flamengo are up :eek:
    ept_sports_sow_experts-788979057-1298842979.jpg

Commiserations Werder,I thought you had it coming into the final game,good luck with the push next season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent an Estudiantes Reserves defeat to a full strength US Palermo side.
    Estudiantes Reserves slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against US Palermo First Team in their Division 3 fixture.
    :pac::pac::pac:

Now to prepare for the play-off semi-final, presumably away to Stuttgart!
    Ryan GIGGS is retiring at the end of this season.
    :(:(:(
    Estudiantes have finished Fifth in Division 3.
    :):):)
    Estudiantes have been awarded 2,881,870 in prize money.
    :D:D:D
    Argentina have qualified for the SMFA World Cup Finals. Please see your schedule for the date of the fixtures.
    :cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Malaga,Werder Bremen and Flamengo have been flip-flopping around in this promotion spot in Div 4 for the last few games now.
    Coming into the final game day Werder and Flamengo were level on points but Werder had a good 5 goal difference on them.
    Werder were at home against a decent Bordeaux team but they were now managerless and had lost 4 on the trot.
    Flamengo themselves traveled to third from bottom Standard Liege,they themselves also managerless.
    So decision time for the Flamengo management,do they play the normal tactics,try to get the win and hope Werder draw or lose or......go balls to the walls all out attack!!!
    Expecting a Werder win but hoping it would only by a goal,option number 2 was taken,Eto was recalled to the lineup after his disappointing debut as goals were needed.
    Carlos Bacca led the battle cry "Insert obligatory Braveheart/Any Given Sunday speech here"

And so 8.30 rolls round,log back in,a new record has been....thats either really good or really bad me thinks,
    Flamengo have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Standard Liège 0 - 6.
    Eto with 2!
    But how did Werder do? A 1-1 draw with Bordeaux(which was bad luck as Brodeaux only has the one on target)

Flamengo are up :eek:
    ept_sports_sow_experts-788979057-1298842979.jpg

Commiserations Werder,I thought you had it coming into the final game,good luck with the push next season.

Congrats mate, I'm happy to see ya go up. Fair sickened alright :( Have the murky play offs to look forward to if I stick it out.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2 deals to be announced by Porto tonight. Both to complete before or around the turn of the season.

Jerome Boateng:
    so I had a few enquires(about 5 in total) and out of which 3 genuine offers transpired ...

Team A:
    2 young 88 rated players ( a DC and a DMC) tempting but when others were willing to part with 3 players - imho the offer justt didnt cut iteven if the potential of the 2 players was huge

Team B:
    A young 88 DC, a young 86 FC and another undecided on young 85-86 -- more tempting and had a certain man not been part of the last teams offer I would have taken this offer

Team C:
    A Belgian 89 La Liga winning DC, imho a super talented 17yr 83 rated Belgian and a little gamble on a spurs 19yr old 80 rated player( but with Poncitinio taking over at spurs since the offer was made and him seemingly fond of giving younths a chance ... not a huge gamble after all)

ALDERWEIRELD, Toby | D(RC) | 25 | 89 | closer in rating to Boateng than other replacements offered
    TIELEMANS, Youri | DM,M(C) | 17 | 83 | This is really the reason for the deal swinging this way for me

=====================

Simon Migniolet:

After missing out on Courtois 2ce in our first few seasons, it became apparent in the last few days that the current Belgian number 2 GK might be up for grabs ... Initially I did hesitate at this one, afterall it had been rumoured that Migniolet was single handely responsable for Sunderlands demise this season. However ... durning meetings with the player it has become very clear to me that all that was lacking during his time as Sunderland a few belgian beers and a carton of chips now and again ... Migniolet himself has expressed his delight at joining the club that is known all over the world as 'Little Belgium'

James McCarthy on the other hand has stated it's impossible to get a decent pint of Guiness in these parts and has agreed to be used as part exchange
    in the Migniolet deal.

WELCOME TO LAZIO MR. BOATENG :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Jerome Boateng:

Team A:

Team B:

Team C:

=====================

Simon Migniolet:

in the Migniolet deal.

I am delighted i managed to bag the only Irish player worth buying...Which in itself is depressing..:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement